Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Pretty happy with my track record. Regrets: that Czech blueliner who reminded me of Gudas. Buchtela. I think he’s my Shane Kenny.

ajw12

Dec 7, 2018
Central PA
Alright everybody, I am finally updating all my mock draft tracking sheets to include the 2019 stats. Since this is the third mock we've done and I am trying to combine every draft (the 2017 is starting to see real results as to who is an NHL or not), I need to know if the following people are NEW for the 2019 draft or have changed their name since the 2018 draft:

@ajw12
@landsbergfan
@Hakroach
@VladDrag
@Young Sandwich
@ted1971

Also ted1971 is not taggable - did he change his name since the end of the draft.

PS please stop changing usernames it is a pain for tracking this stuff.

I was a newbie for this year

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Didn’t you have a top 2 pick every year, you cheat? :laugh:

Maybe I will do it this year if you take the Hurricanes.......:popcorn:

Just the 1 year I drafted with Philly in 2017 lol

I'll draft with Carolina and tank every pick on purpose. Will be so cathartic. :naughty:

Reactions: Chinatown88

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Still working on the update: gotta get everything cross-referenced from this mock to the actual draft, then break it out by user and compile with the other 2 mocks, and finally update the games played for everyone. Probably gonna be at least another couple of weeks before I get that done and posted for everyone here.

However, I'll say this: collectively, as a group, this is our worst draft yet for picking a bunch of players that the NHL teams didn't want. Usually there isn't a whiff until the third round, and only a couple in the 3rd/4th. This year there there was a miss in the second, a few in the third, and a lot in the 4th/5th. No bueno, hombres.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
:devils
1- C Jack Hughes- 1, NJD (0)
34- G Spencer Knight- 13, FLA (+21)
55- F Robert Mastrosimone- 54, DET (+1)
60- D Antti Tuomisto- 35, DET (+25)
70- D Drew Helleson- 47, COL (+23)
80- LW Brayden Tracey- 29, ANA (+51)
96- D Jackson LaCombe- 39, ANA (+57)
127- D Kim Nousiainen- 119, LAK (+8)
158- D Justin Bergeron
189- D Ryan Siedem

:blues

51- D Lassi Thomson- 19, OTT (+32)
82- LW Vladislav Firstov- 42, MIN (+40)
144- D Kalle Loponen- 204, TOR (-60)
206- C Arvid Costmar- 215, VAN (-9)

Final tally
9 players went higher than I drafted them

2 players went lower than I drafted them

1 player went exactly where I drafted him (Hughes, duh)

2 players went undrafted.

Not bad and much better than last year.
I think I did okay overall in terms of picking players teams "wanted." Whether or not they're actually good is a different story, lol.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Still working on the update: gotta get everything cross-referenced from this mock to the actual draft, then break it out by user and compile with the other 2 mocks, and finally update the games played for everyone. Probably gonna be at least another couple of weeks before I get that done and posted for everyone here.

However, I'll say this: collectively, as a group, this is our worst draft yet for picking a bunch of players that the NHL teams didn't want. Usually there isn't a whiff until the third round, and only a couple in the 3rd/4th. This year there there was a miss in the second, a few in the third, and a lot in the 4th/5th. No bueno, hombres.

No. It means real NHL GMs are poop heads and we're smarter.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
New update: still compiling the data on games played and points for all our drafted players.

Since we're now through 3 years of this, results are starting to be useful. Obviously, there is still a bias towards top-10 picks (this will be the case until we're at least 5 years in) in terms of picks turning into NHL players.

One spoiler before I get all the results tabulated and posted: in terms of value picks and selecting players that actually get drafted, @Hexy4 is absolutely dominating.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

I was terrible - I know that.

Reactions: Chinatown88

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I'm looking for Shayne Gostisbehere...but the opposite.

Too late. He's been taken.

982082144.jpg.0.jpg

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Melnyk: Pierre, Pierre, this is genius. I don't have to pay a cent in payroll right now. Think of the savings!
Doiron: Uh, sir...
Melnyk: And we got all those picks from the Islanders all because I don't want to pay Pageau next year. I'm the best.
Doiron: Sir?
Melnyk: What is you babbling gobbering simp?
Doiron: We don't have any gate revenue or concession revenue or-
Melnyk: Pierre, you twaddle-brain, we just enjoy the revenue sharing we get and still profit.
Doiron: Sir, with everyone else cancelling their games too they have no revenue to share.
Melnyk: Soooo what you're saying is we're LOSING money?
Doiron: Yessir.
Melnyk: Pierre, you idiot! How could you let this happen?
Doiron: Sir, it started in China, I had nothing to do wi-
Melnyk: Can it nincompoop. I'm going to my Panic Room and locking myself in until this is over.
Doiron: Sir, before you lock the door, can I get some toiler paper first?
Melnyk: I've left some one-ply in the men's room for you. And by 1 ply I mean 2 ply that I split in half manually, so it's sort of in a heap. Enjoy slappy!

*door shuts*

Doiron: *sigh* I wonder if the CFL is hiring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->