Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With their second pick of the third round, LA Kings going to select someone who should've been taken last year, that being Nando Eggenberger of the Oshawa Generals

rvs_nando-eggenberger.jpg

@ajw12 is up

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
With their second pick of the third round, LA Kings going to select someone who should've been taken last year, that being Nando Eggenberger of the Oshawa Generals

rvs_nando-eggenberger.jpg

@ajw12 is up

I popped over to the Vegas boards and asked what they thought of the draft. One guy mentioned overager forwards, especially big guys. Nando was my selection last year with the Islanders (oops), and I totally thought I'd be able to sneak pick him in the 5th rd again this year. Kudos for ruining my plans. Jerk.

Ruck Over opens thread. Ruck Over is curious why he recognizes that picture. Ruck Over realizes -

giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Y'all still a-pickin' and a-choosin'? Tarnation! I been two-steppin' like nobody's dang business!

CeKu5TJ.gif

Look, y'all, I'm a straight shooter. I drink my lemonade, I set on the porch, I mosey over to yer truck, drive that motherdaughter, go to church, eat mom's apple ****ing pie, y'all.

LOOK OUT!

vIlosbv.gif

Just joshin' y'all, I ain't gonna shoot yer balls off.

Well, dang, I reckon I ought'n pick a goaltender so's we don't eat cow **** again in the future like we did 'gainst them Lanche.

Us Flames are takin' that there Colton Ellis, G, Rimouski. I'll telegraph the next cowpoke, soon's as I find out who it is. @denominator

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
giphy.gif

I have no idea who this guy is but apparently he is making picks for us now.

AR-310059790.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66

First off, f*** you all for taking all my players. Here I am, just trying to make some picks and get good young players in the organization but it turns out that Stevey guy everyone kept lauding was just some bizarre Detroit false flag operation or some shit. Anyways, I veto all picks that have occurred between #23 and now, as we choked in the playoffs and should now receive the 23rd overall pick. Even if it means we can't have that albino guy that Phil Esposito likes so much.

Yeah. Phil Esposito is employed by our organization. Bet you didn't know that - I didn't either until I was looking at who we have to cart out here instead of Stevey.

Anyways, here's Phil to make the selection.

632882240.jpg.0.jpg

"In the long, proud tradition of the Lightning selecting players who have unpronounceable names... Gary - can you get that photo of this kid up on the screen?"

latest

"What in the f*** is that, Gary?! Did you even look at the picture I sent you or did you just autocorrect google something?! Fix. This."

maxresdefault.jpg

"There. That's the one. That guy. Sanchez Mutante or some shit. We pick him."

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
A cardboard cutout of Bryan Murray leaning against a chair is jostled back and forth as the table in front of it bumps back and forth. From underneath two similar voices seem to be talking with each other.

Dorion: Buts wese must stops drinking the beers so's wese can make the picks before Lemieuxs breaks free.

Dollum: BEEEEEELLLLCCCHHHHH! Wese will, wese will, but finishes the six pack.

Dorion: No no no, wese must review our notes and make the picks.

Dollum: Isis there more European skilled players ins the notes?

Dorion: Wells, the Melnyks not give us even bus fare to go scoutses, so weses walks to TD Place Center. Theres is a European there, butses we drafts so many defense.

Dollum: WESE DRAFTS HIM. B. P. A! Shows them all wese smarts.

Dorion: Yes, wese drafts then naps. Wese so sleepy from works.

When Dorion emerges from under the table, he has a six pack ring wrapped around his neck and a trail of Molson cans as he nearly pulls the cloth off the table. Slowly he clambers to the podium.

Dorion: Withs the BLLEEERRPPP the ninetys-fourths picks in thisssss draft, Ottawa selectses from Ottawa of the OHLS, defensesman Nikita Okhotyuk.

OkhotyukRUS.jpg

With that Dorion stumbles to the side, puking on Gary Bettman's loafers before staggering off into the bowels of the arena.

Ottawa Picks
17th - Thomas Harley, LHD, Mississauga (OHL)
32nd - Nolan Foote, LW, Kelowna (WHL)
44th - Kaedan Korczak, RHD, Kelowna (WHL)
85th – Tuukka Tieksola, LW, Kärpät (Liiga)
94th - Nikita Okhotyuk, LHD, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

@GKJ you're up!

PS - Between a combo of being exhausted and my players being taken, this is as good as it gets for both prose and picks.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
:devils
Joisey selects D Jackson LaCombe of Shattuck St Mary's

View attachment 220827

1- C Jack Hughes/USNTDP
34- G Spencer Knight/USNTDP
55- F Robert Mastrosimone/Chicago Steel
60- D Antti Tuomisto/Ässät U20
70- D Drew Helleson/USNTDP

80- LW Brayden Tracey/Moose Jaw Warriors
96- D Jackson LaCombe/Shattuck St Mary's

@Chinatown88 (DET) is up
Damn, didnt realize he was still floating out there. Two steals in a row!

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller

View attachment 220827

1- C Jack Hughes/USNTDP

@Chinatown88 (DET) is up

I had him as my next pick too. Excellent choice.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Previously on the 2019 NHL Draft HF Flyers edition: Fantasy Sports: - Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

2019 NHL Draft, Day 2 Vancouver

Stevie Y was talking to Sharks GM Doug Wilson.

Steve+Yzerman+2016+NHL+Draft+Round+One+Ky3D5KL8ofgl.jpg

Stevie Y: "Motherf***er!" he shouted.

Doug Wilson let out a chuckle.

Stevie Y: That Shero. Gets f***ing lucky in the lottery again and now he takes the guy I wanted.

Dougie W: "What can you do Stevie? Just gotta roll with them punches. Finish that banana and maybe you'll feel better."

Stevie Y: *chews loudly* "I haf ta go talk to my teem." he says with a mouthful.

Stevie Y proceeds to make his way back to the Red Wings draft table. He slings his banana peel at Nerdy Jeff's face. "Throw it out for me," he ordered.

Ken Holland: "Well that was unfortunate," he let out a sigh. "We got these guys next on our list." he hands over the list to Stevie Y.

Stevie Y takes a look at the list. "All right guess we have to go with the other guy. Anyways I'm gonna call up Dorion and ask him to announce our next pick."

Ken Holland: "Reports say that he's gone a bit crazy. He's been saying "my precious pickkkkks" a lot."

Stevie Y chuckled. "Oh man that tirefire of an organization can't do anything right. That poor sap has contracted Gollum disease. I'll just give him this quarter in my pocket as payment." Stevie Y picked up the phone and made the call.

Gary Bettman was still recovering from the intense running he did earlier. He didn't get much exercise these days, he was too busy keeping track of his never ending Funko Pop collection. "Detroit your selection please," he said as he stared at his smartphone. Rumor had it Gary was on the lookout for the Metallic Children of the Forest Funko Pop which was an exclusive.

Stevie Y leaned over the microphone. "Detroit would like to announce that for the very expensive price of one quarter that was in my pocket, Pierre Dorion, well at least I think he's still Pierre will be making our selection."

"I gettttssss to makeeee another pickkkkkkk." Dorion gleefully said. He climbed on top of the Ottawa Senguins draft table and grabbed the microphone. "The Ottawa Senguins are proud to anounceeee that the Detroit Red Wingssssss select from the Prince George Spruce Kingssssss of the BCHL, Layton Ahac.

IMG_8044.jpg

C'est votre choix M. @BernieParent ! Will PM as well.

Detroit Red Wings Selections:
6) Trevor Zegras C/W - USNTDP (USHL)
35) Philip Tomasino C/W - Niagara Ice Dogs (OHL)
57) Leevi Aaltonen LW - Kalpa U20 (Jr. A SM-liiga)
58) Michal Teply LW - Bili Tygri Liberec (Czech Extraliga)
66) Billy Constantinou RD - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)
97) Layton Ahac LD - Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL)

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Funny thing is... I just double-checked my shortlist for 96. It was seven players long and LaCombe wasn't even on it :laugh: I only picked him because I did a last second double-check of different rankings and mocks this morning and he was the highest ranked defenseman left on the board, on average. So I apologize to all of you who have actually been targeting him with your next picks, lol.

Previously on the 2019 NHL Draft HF Flyers edition: Fantasy Sports: - Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

2019 NHL Draft, Day 2 Vancouver

Stevie Y was talking to Sharks GM Doug Wilson.

Steve+Yzerman+2016+NHL+Draft+Round+One+Ky3D5KL8ofgl.jpg

Stevie Y: "Mother****er!" he shouted.

Doug Wilson let out a chuckle.

Stevie Y: That Shero. Gets ****ing lucky in the lottery again and now he takes the guy I wanted.

Dougie W: "What can you do Stevie? Just gotta roll with them punches. Finish that banana and maybe you'll feel better."

Stevie Y: *chews loudly* "I haf ta go talk to my teem." he says with a mouthful.

Stevie Y proceeds to make his way back to the Red Wings draft table. He slings his banana peel at Nerdy Jeff's face. "Throw it out for me," he ordered.

Ken Holland: "Well that was unfortunate," he let out a sigh. "We got these guys next on our list." he hands over the list to Stevie Y.

Stevie Y takes a look at the list. "All right guess we have to go with the other guy. Anyways I'm gonna call up Dorion and ask him to announce our next pick."

Ken Holland: "Reports say that he's gone a bit crazy. He's been saying "my precious pickkkkks" a lot."

Stevie Y chuckled. "Oh man that tirefire of an organization can't do anything right. That poor sap has contracted Gollum disease. I'll just give him this quarter in my pocket as payment." Stevie Y picked up the phone and made the call.

Gary Bettman was still recovering from the intense running he did earlier. He didn't get much exercise these days, he was too busy keeping track of his never ending Funko Pop collection. "Detroit your selection please," he said as he stared at his smartphone. Rumor had it Gary was on the lookout for the Metallic Children of the Forest Funko Pop which was an exclusive.

Stevie Y leaned over the microphone. "Detroit would like to announce that for the very expensive price of one quarter that was in my pocket, Pierre Dorion, well at least I think he's still Pierre will be making our selection."

"I gettttssss to makeeee another pickkkkkkk." Dorion gleefully said. He climbed on top of the Ottawa Senguins draft table and grabbed the microphone. "The Ottawa Senguins are proud to anounceeee that the Detroit Red Wingssssss select from the Prince George Spruce Kingssssss of the BCHL, Layton Ahac.

IMG_8044.jpg

C'est votre choix M @BernieParent ! Will PM as well.

Detroit Red Wings Selections:
6) Trevor Zegras C/W - USNTDP (USHL)
35) Philip Tomasino C/W - Niagara Ice Dogs (OHL)
57) Leevi Aaltonen LW - Kalpa U20 (Jr. A SM-liiga)
58) Michal Teply LW - Bili Tygri Liberec (Czech Extraliga)
66) Billy Constantinou RD - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)
97) Layton Ahac LD - Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL)
He actually was on my shortlist for 96. I was gonna target him later.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

View attachment 220827

1- C Jack Hughes/USNTDP

@Chinatown88 (DET) is up
You’ve drafted a lot of guys who I had ranked higher than they went. Almost everyone I had on short lists for my own picks.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad