Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Also,

San Jose (4 picks - first pick at 88) and
St. Louis (4 picks - first pick at 51)

are still available. If nobody takes either team by the time the pick is due, participants can take a second team.

Any objections?

73677e9d55644dac3f601bb63cee9149aa98f58d7ce7ee4a5595ea9e76436e8b.jpg

I'd be happy to take a second team. I assume there are others with the same feeling - if there are more than 2 of us we could do a lottery for the unclaimed teams when their pick comes up (assuming they go unclaimed to that point).

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
GMGM stands up at the Vegas war table, pulls a svelte metal case from his breast pocket, opens it and withdraws a cigarette. He places the cigarette in his mouth, replaces the case, and twirls his finger in the air to his compatriots as a signal to assemble and roll out. The crowd vociferously boos the Vegas entourage as they ascend the stairs. GMGM pays the crowd no mind, he does not acknowledge plebes.

Gary Bettman takes a step to GMGM with his hand extended for a shake, and a smile on his face. GMGM looks at the hand, then retrieves a lighter from his pants pocket.

Bettman: I like the prop, but you know you can’t smoke in here George.

GMGM looks at Bettman, raises his eyebrows and drops them, rolls his eyes slightly and proceeds to light the cigarette in the little man’s face.

giphy.gif

GMGM: Vancouver! Such inhospitable hosts, nothing but the worst of this city! You know why I have the confidence to treat you, and this joke commissioner, the way that I do? Because I’m a WINNER! 1982 Hoby Baker – George Mc f***ing Phee, that’s ME!
Hey everybody, in the picture, I'm not wearing any pants, I'm holding that award up with my erect self. It was such a rush to win, be acknowledged as the best collegiate player. Oh, to be young dumb and full of *** again. And take a look at that gorgeous head of hair!

image_handler.aspx

Know who else has fantastic follicles? The 2nd Vegas Knights selection, from LeKi, in the Finnish Mestis League, hailing from Tampere, Finald, left shooting left winger, 6’0 170 lbs, Patrik Puistola with the no. 48 draft pick!

14099353_1677060895946406_274156300_n.jpg

This young man will be scoring goals for us in Vegas soon, and for a long time. A do everything player who will buy into the team concept so wonderfully displayed by an expansion team, while relic teams like the Canucks still can’t figure that out.”

GMGM removes the lit cigarette from his mouth, approximately a quarter of it burned, consumed. GMGM ashes the cigarette on the stage, then waves Gary over to him.

GMGM: You know Gary, smoking is a gross habit, I’m going to put this out.

Bettman: Thanks George.

GMGM: That’s ’82 Hoby Baker winner, Mr. McPhee to you.

GMGM then puts out the cigarette on Bettman’s lapel, reaches down to the man’s hand and brings it up to his waist. GMGM places the extinguished cigarette in Bettman’s open hand, and exits the stage.

Vegas Picks
17th - Arthur Kaliyev, RW, Hamilton (OHL)
48th - Patrik Puistola, LW, LeKi (Mestis)

@Ghosts Beer is up

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
jeff_gorton_epa.jpg

Rags GM Louie Anderson, er, Jeff Gorton, not wanting to interrupt his breakfast smorgasbord of Costco hot dogs (& unable to speak with his mouth full) sends the next pick to the podium via text (sorry for the big images & inelegant formatting — work doesn’t seem to care about my hobbies ...).

With pick 49 in the 2019 Mock, the Rags select Yegor Afanasyev, C/W, Muskegon, USHL. Yegor Afanasyev at eliteprospects.com

DEK_0439-e1543039883403.jpg

@BigToe is up for the Habs. DMing.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
GMGM stands up at the Vegas war table, pulls a svelte metal case from his breast pocket, opens it and withdraws a cigarette. He places the cigarette in his mouth, replaces the case, and twirls his finger in the air to his compatriots as a signal to assemble and roll out. The crowd vociferously boos the Vegas entourage as they ascend the stairs. GMGM pays the crowd no mind, he does not acknowledge plebes.

Gary Bettman takes a step to GMGM with his hand extended for a shake, and a smile on his face. GMGM looks at the hand, then retrieves a lighter from his pants pocket.

Bettman: I like the prop, but you know you can’t smoke in here George.

GMGM looks at Bettman, raises his eyebrows and drops them, rolls his eyes slightly and proceeds to light the cigarette in the little man’s face.

giphy.gif

GMGM: Vancouver! Such inhospitable hosts, nothing but the worst of this city! You know why I have the confidence to treat you, and this joke commissioner, the way that I do? Because I’m a WINNER! 1982 Hoby Baker – George Mc ****ing Phee, that’s ME!
Hey everybody, in the picture, I'm not wearing any pants, I'm holding that award up with my erect self. It was such a rush to win, be acknowledged as the best collegiate player. Oh, to be young dumb and full of *** again. And take a look at that gorgeous head of hair!

image_handler.aspx

Know who else has fantastic follicles? The 2nd Vegas Knights select, from LeKi, in the Finnish Mestis League, hailing from Tampere, Finald, left shooting left winger, 6’0 170 lbs, Patrik Puistola with the no. 48 draft pick!

14099353_1677060895946406_274156300_n.jpg

This young man will be scoring goals for us in Vegas soon, and for a long time. A do everything player who will buy into the team concept so wonderfully displayed by an expansion team, while relic teams like the Canucks still can’t figure that out.”

GMGM removes the lit cigarette from his mouth, approximately a quarter of it burned, consumed. GMGM ashes the cigarette on the stage, then waves Gary over to him.

GMGM: You know Gary, smoking is a gross habit, I’m going to put this out.

Bettman: Thanks George.

GMGM: That’s ’82 Hoby Baker winner, Mr. McPhee to you.

GMGM then puts out the cigarette on Bettman’s lapel, reaches down to the man’s hand and brings it up to his waist. GMGM places the extinguished cigarette in Bettman’s open hand, and exits the stage.

Vegas Picks
17th - Arthur Kaliyev, RW, Hamilton (OHL)
48th - Patrik Puistola, LW, LeKi (Mestis)

@Ghosts Beer is up

giphy.gif

I'll do it

giphy.gif

:blues
With the 51st pick, St Louis selects D Lassi Thomson of the Kelowna Rockets

View attachment 216393

He's who I've been waiting on for New Jersey, who I've been targeting since #34... so I decided to steal him from myself :laugh:

@SnS and Carolina are up

giphy.gif

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
That's why I didn't say anything. Was hoping to get one of them Kelowna D-man.
My hope initially was to pick up Thomson with 34 and Korczak with 55. Then Knight fell, so I grabbed him. Then Korczak went earlier than I expected and I started to sweat a bit, lol. I was gonna take someone else with St Louis's pick and hope Thomson lasted four more picks to 55 for New Jersey before I decided (after about two minutes) just to take him now.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
My hope initially was to pick up Thomson with 34 and Korczak with 55. Then Knight fell, so I grabbed him. Then Korczak went earlier than I expected and I started to sweat a bit, lol. I was gonna take someone else with St Louis's pick and hope Thomson lasted four more picks to 55 for New Jersey before I decided (after about two minutes) just to take him now.
I have a bad feeling about you stealing my next pick(s) very soon...Fletch needs to get on the phones and prevent this...NOW

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
:blues
With the 51st pick, St Louis selects D Lassi Thomson of the Kelowna Rockets

View attachment 216393

He's who I've been waiting on for New Jersey, who I've been targeting since #34... so I decided to steal him from myself :laugh:

@SnS and Carolina are up

Lassi Thomson officially sucks now, at least until the real draft. **** the Blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad