Nikita Alexandrov from the Charlottetown Islanders of the QMJHL

@Chuck Downie, you're next

Dec-6-2018-vs-Quebec-Remparts-18-of-69-1024x683.jpg

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
:panthers

Superstar GM Dale Tallon takes the stage even though the first round is over. Bettman allows it because, it's Dale ****ing Tallon.

Selects Artemi Knyazev from Chicoutimi.

Artemi Knyazev at eliteprospects.com

WdLqKQ_ddmo.jpg

Devils @Strawberry Fields is up!

Sorry I took so long but I changed my pick, like, two or three times before deciding. Don't mind me, just gonna ignore defense some more. But it'll be coming soon. Just hoping a few other guys I had in mind will still be there at 60 (I think that's when I pick next, I don't even know, lol).

:devils

New Jersey selects F Robert Mastrosimone of the Chicago Steel.

Robert-Mastrosimone-Chicago.jpg

I took another Steel forward, Blake McLaughlin, in the second round last year and it may have backfired on me. Hopefully this pick won't. It probably will. But hopefully it won't. I've seen this guy ranked anywhere from the top of the second to the middle of the third so I figured why the hell not.

1- C Jack Hughes/USNTDP
34- G Spencer Knight/USNTDP
55- F Robert Mastrosimone/Chicago Steel

@Ernest95 (TOR) is up

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Sorry I took so long but I changed my pick, like, two or three times before deciding. Don't mind me, just gonna ignore defense some more. But it'll be coming soon. Just hoping a few other guys I had in mind will still be there at 60 (I think that's when I pick next, I don't even know, lol).

New Jersey selects LW Robert Mastrosimone of the Chicago Steel.

View attachment 216541

I took another Steel forward, Blake McLaughlin, in the second round last year and it may have backfired on me. Hopefully this pick won't. It probably will. But hopefully it won't. I've seen this guy ranked anywhere from the top of the second to the middle of the third so I figured why the hell not.

1- C Jack Hughes/USNTDP
55- LW Robert Mastrosimone/Chicago Steel

@Ernest95 (TOR) is up
This is the guy I thought you were eyeballing at 34.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
This is the guy I thought you were eyeballing at 34.
It was actually Thomson. But I've had Mastrosimone in mind as a late second round target in case I wasn't in love with one specific d-man that was available. And when I stole Thomson from myself using the Blues...

Since he's been ranked all over the place I wasn't 100% sure if he'd still be here by now. I'm thinking maybe it's not the greatest sign that he was still available. But the Devils board's draft guru seems high on him, and some posters on the prospect/mock draft boards that I used as a resource last year have him fairly high or around 50 in their rankings for this year, so I decided to just go for it. I have a lot of d-men on my list and three more picks through the middle of the next round, so they'll come eventually.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It was actually Thomson. But I've had Mastrosimone in mind as a late second round target in case I wasn't in love with one specific d-man that was available. And when I stole Thomson from myself using the Blues...

Since he's been ranked all over the place I wasn't 100% sure if he'd still be here by now. I'm thinking maybe it's not the greatest sign that he was still available. But the Devils board's draft guru seems high on him, and some posters on the prospect/mock draft boards that I used as a resource last year have him fairly high or around 50 in their rankings for this year, so I decided to just go for it. I have a lot of d-men on my list and three more picks through the middle of the next round, so they'll come eventually.

I had Mastrosimone pretty high on my 2nd rd. list, but I was lucky enough to get others I had higher. He's got a hell of a shot and a nice skill level; not so sure about his play away from the puck. I hear you on the D-men.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I had Mastrosimone pretty high on my 2nd rd. list, but I was lucky enough to get others I had higher. He's got a hell of a shot and a nice skill level; not so sure about his play away from the puck. I hear you on the D-men.
I changed my pick at least three or four times before settling on Mastrosimone. Knyazev was a top-three consideration for 55, but Chuck swooped in and took him right before so that was the end of that, lol. Then I very nearly settled on three different defensemen, but I saw each of them fluctuate wildly in different rankings from mid second all the way to late fourth. So I eventually just settled on taking Mastro and banking on some of the dmen being there at 60.

And yeah, players unexpectedly falling to you throws a wrench in your plan but it can definitely be a great thing. Thomson was my guy at 34 all the way until Knight and Tomasino fell. On the other hand, if I took Thomson at 34, I probably would've felt better about taking Mastrosimone and gone for him without question at 55. But it's all in good fun in the end.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
He looks like he is about 12 years old :laugh:
That's an old picture. I only know because I was heavily considering Knyazev before Chuck took him and I started looking for some pictures for my post in case I took him. That was, like, the only picture there was of him on Google images and it was from the first post of an HF thread about him started in 2015 :laugh:

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters

New Jersey selects LW Robert Mastrosimone of the Chicago Steel.

View attachment 216541

1- C Jack Hughes/USNTDP
55- LW Robert Mastrosimone/Chicago Steel

@Ernest95 (TOR) is up
Great draft so far!

asshole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad