Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2019

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am referring to the below video. The original video isa dude reviewing a burger and fries from 5 Guys. Not sure to what you are referring to be honest.

That original thing is from "Good Times" - when the father, James, is killed (I think he is hit by a car), the mother, Florida, acts all steady and fine for the entire episode and then at the end she grabs a bowl and smashes it and says "Damn, Damn, DAMN!"

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
2019 NHL Draft, Day 2

Gary Bettman sits on a stool overlooking the 31 tables. He looks down at his paper and lets out a loud sigh that gets picked up by the microphone. He realizes that Detroit has the next two selections. "Detroit your selection please," he says begrudgingly.

Ken Holland is on the phone.

holland_ken_big.jpg

Ken: "All right Gene, we have a deal." Ken Holland hangs up.

Jeff: "What the hell boss? Who uses a flip phone in 2019? And don't tell me you're getting that sleezebag of an owner to announce our pick again."

Ken stares down at nerdy Jeff. "Jeff what did we discuss earlier? I'm the GM. I have final say. You're just the nerdy guy behind the bench. Just let me do my damn job. We haven't made the playoffs for two years. I got to distract the fanbase somehow thanks to your terrible coaching."

Jeff shuts his yap.

Ken leans over the microphone at his table. "The Detroit Red Wings would like to announce that we have paid the Ottawa Senguins owner Eugene Melnyk 10 livers to announce our selection at 57."

Gary: "Not again Ken!" he cried. "Don't do this to me again. What did I do to deserve this?"

Over at the Ottawa contingency Eugene Melnyk leads out his Sith Lord laughter.

"Hahaha Gary! This league revolves around me! It's all about me!" Eugene cackled. "Pierre go get Mario!" he ordered his stooge.

"But boss," Pierre pleaded. "He's taking the best dump ever."

Melnyk stared at his little stooge.

Pierre crumbled at the staredown. He got up with the cardboard cutout of his former boss and made his way to the bathroom.

30 seconds later Mario Lemieux, the new GM of the Ottawa Senguins strides on in with an angry swagger. He made his way over to the Ottawa table and had a quick chat with Melnyk.

Mario grabbed the microphone off of the Senguins table. "All right Vancouver. My tremendous dump was interrupted by this little stooge to my left. However even though I'm not done, it's still smarter than everyone in the audience. Anyways, I Mario Lemieux the greatest person this league has ever known is proud to announce that the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select some Finnish kid, Leevi Aaltonen."

Leevi-Aaltonen.png

"Eugene don't call for me again. I gotta finish my dump and go wax all my trophies." Mario dropped the mic onto the table and strutted away from the draft floor.

To be continued

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Gary: "Detroit selects Leevi Aaltonen." he lets out another sigh. "Detroit your selection please."

Ken leans over the microphone again. "The Detroit Red Wings would like to announce that we have paid..."

"For f***'s sake Ken!" Gary interrupted.

"Second verse same as the first!" Eugene Melnyk shouted.

Gary was behind himself. Steam started to come out of his elf ears.

"Well actually Gary," Ken calmly said. "The Detroit Red Wings would like to announce that we have paid Eugene Melnyk 10 gallons of top quality blood to be our middle man."

Eugene Melnyk was seen doing a fist pump. "Thanks for the blood donation Ken. My goal to live forever will come true. Anyways the Ottawa Senguins would like to announce on behalf of the Detroit Red Wings, we have negotiated with Anaheim's GM and Flyers mascot Gritty to announce the 58th pick."

"Gritty? I actually like that furball," Gary said with a sigh of relief.

Suddenly a giant orange hand placed itself on Gary's left shoulder.

"What the hell!" Gary turned around.

It was the best mascot in the NHL as voted by the press.

gritty.jpg

Gritty held up a sign. 'Gar help,' the sign said.

"You want me to read it aloud?" Gary the elf asked.

Gritty nodded.

"Fine," Gary answered. Gritty switched over to the next sign. "I Gritty on behalf of the Ottawa Senguins are proud to announce that the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select from the Czech Extraliga, Michal Teply. I'm also a stooge and an elf." Gary blindly read. "Wait a minute!"

Gritty threw the signs into the air and darted off.

"Come back here you orange furball!" Gary jumped off his stool and chased after the best mascot in the NHL

Ken Holland sat there at his draft table with a smug look. "Fantastic," he said.

teply.jpg

Detroit Red Wings Selections:
6) Trevor Zegras C/W - USNTDP (USHL)
35) Philip Tomasino C/W - Niagara Ice Dogs (OHL)
57) Leevi Aaltonen LW - Kalpa U20 (Jr. A SM-liiga)
58) Michal Teply LW - Bili Tygri Liberec (Czech Extraliga)

@DrinkFightFlyers is next! Will PM as well.

Last edited:

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Gary: "Detroit selects Leevi Aaltonent." he lets out another sigh. "Detroit your selection please."

Ken leans over the microphone again. "The Detroit Red Wings would like to announce that we have paid..."

"For ****'s sake Ken!" Gary interrupted.

"Well actually Gary," Ken calmly said. "The Detroit Red Wings would like to announce that we have paid Eugene Melnyk 10 gallons of top quality blood to be our middle man."

Eugene Melnyk was seen doing a fist pump. "Thanks for the blood donation Ken. My goal to live forever will come true. Anyways the Ottawa Senguins would like to announce on behalf of the Detroit Red Wings, we have negotiated with Anaheim's GM and Flyers mascot Gritty to announce the 58th pick."

gritty.jpg

Gritty nodded.

"Fine," Gary answered. Gritty switched over to the next sign. "I Gritty on behalf of the Ottawa Senguins are proud to announce that the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select from the Czech Extraliga, Michal Teply. I'm also a stooge and an elf." Gary blindly read. "Wait a minute!"

"Come back here you orange furball!" Gary jumped off his stool and chased after the best mascot in the NHL

Ken Holland sat there at his draft table with a smug look. "Fantastic," he said.

teply.jpg

Another great draft! Guessing you go D or G next, eh?

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Gary: "Detroit selects Leevi Aaltonent." he lets out another sigh. "Detroit your selection please."

"For ****'s sake Ken!" Gary interrupted.

gritty.jpg

Gritty nodded.

teply.jpg

You're so considerate, leaving my dmen on the board for me :heart: (but really I wish someone would take one of them and make it easier on me)

I like the draft so far... every player you've taken in the second is one I considered at some point.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Lou:
It's our pick. Let's draft John Tavares back.

Chris (his son):
That's not how this works. You have to take an amateur player.

Lou:
Ok, Let's take Alexis Lafrieniere.

Chris:
He's an amateur, but not eligible this year. Next year, dad.

Lou:
f***. This is hard. Do we know any other players? I wasted a draft pick on Martin Brodeur's son once. I even traded up to take him. A total nepotism pick. I just wasted everyone's time and money. Let's do that again.

Trent Klatt:
I f***ing hate my job.
*pushes Lou aside*

The Islanders select...

Maxim Cajkovich. St John QMJHL

cajkovic_elite_2018-10-11.jpg

PM'ing @Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
New_York_Rangers.svg

Rangers GM Jeff Gorton strides to the stage & salutes the crowd to end the 2nd round:
giphy.gif

“With the 62nd pick in the 2019 Mock, the Big Apple selects Henry Thrun, defenseman, United States Development Program. How do you like ‘dem apples?”

(Rumor has it that Thrun first caught Gorton’s eye when scrawling advanced hockey metrics in the Harvard hockey rink’s zamboni room during a recruiting visit.)

Thrun_.jpg

Rags ‘19 mock:

1 (2) Kaapo Kakko RW
1 (22) Jakob Pelletier LW
2 (37) Nick Robertson C/LW
2 (49) Egor Afanasyev, F
2 (62) Henry Thrun, D

@WheresMySnare can kick off round 3. Sending PM.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
I had my clear cut pick and after waiting he has moved down....now I have 3 that I'm battling. Give me a few minutes here to weigh my options.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
F it....late comer to my list (climbed a lot) and not the positional need but BPA in my opinion. His hand are slick as hell and he has a Konecny type of game.

Jamieson Rees to the Flyers at pick 65!

@Chinatown88
Latecomer for me, also. I was confused as to why he's ranked so highly by a number of services, considering his small stature and merely decent statistics. So I took a closer look. Seems like the perfect 3rd liner -- speed, non-stop motor, constantly harassing the opposition, and certainly enough skill to be a 30+ point NHLer. Nice 3rd rd. pick.

Reactions: Morinisbear

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Latecomer for me, also. I was confused as to why he's ranked so highly by a number of services, considering his small stature and merely decent statistics. So I took a closer look. Seems like the perfect 3rd liner -- speed, non-stop motor, constantly harassing the opposition, and certainly enough skill to be a 30+ point NHLer. Nice 3rd rd. pick.
Thank you. I would have appreciated you calling him a 2nd liner instead but will take it. :) Hoping one of my others is there in a few picks.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Day 2 Vancouver

Ken Holland sits at the draft table, a smirk still on his face. That clown Gary Bettman was chugging a bottle of water and trying to catch his breath. Allegedly, Anaheim GM and Flyers mascot Gritty mysteriously vanished in between the entrances 9 and 10. A local fan claims that the giant orange fuzzball vanished into the wall.

"That freaking fuzzball," Gary panted. Suddenly one of the lower level NHL stooges ran up on stage and handed Gary a note. Suddenly the Keebler elf had a huge smile across his face. "Looks we have a slight issue with Detroit folks," the elf spoke into the microphone. "It seems like the higher up of the Red Wings have an announcement to make."

Suddenly the screen on stage plays a highlight video of one of the legendary Red Wings players. All the headlights focused on the southern entrance. A well dressed man slowly made his way towards the entrance.

"Ladies and gentlemen of Vancouver. The Detroit Red Wings would like to announce their new GM, Steve Yzerman!" Gary said with glee.

Detroit-Red-Wings-officially-name-Steve-Yzerman-as-general-manager.jpg

"You're now the President of Hockey Operations Kenny boy!" Gary smugly said. "But we all know it means you're basically fired," he laughed.

Stevie Y made his way down the steps, high fiving everyone along the way. He made his way to the draft floor and the Red Wings draft table.

"Thank you hockey gods," Jeff the Nerd happily said. "Finally a true GM that can understand my plight."

"Shut up nerd," Stevie Y said as he took a seat. "I'm keeping Ken around for the rest of the draft."

Ken let out a chuckle.

"All right lads. I've liked what we've done so far. Anyways Ken, this round we're gonna take it easy. We bought some time with the fanbase thanks to me."

"Indeed," Ken responded.

"Detroit your selection please," the elf said in a loud squeak.

New GM Steve Y leaned over the mic. "Detroit is proud to select from the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL, Billy Constantinou (D)."

GNmqo99k_400x400.jpg

66) Billy Constantinou RD - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)

@landsbergfan is up. Will PM as well.

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Dang it I'm out and can't do fancy things.

So in order not to hold up the draft.

Detroit selects from Kingston of the OHL, Billy Constatinou (D). Will edit later.

@landsbergfan is up. Will PM as well.
You finally got me. He was my target, my number one choice for pick 70... I passed on him in the 2nd because I thought he would last :laugh:

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Thank you. I would have appreciated you calling him a 2nd liner instead but will take it. :) Hoping one of my others is there in a few picks.
Rees very well could have a 2nd line NHL ceiling, but I can't understand how he didn't put up more points considering his quickness, motor, and hands. Maybe his shot absolutely sucks. His lack of size also may keep him on the offensive periphery in the pros, meaning his offensive game might be limited to counter-attacks. In any event, he could be sort of a Paul Byron type, and that would be a great use of a 3rd rd. pick if so.

Reactions: Morinisbear

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
You finally got me. He was my target, my number one choice for pick 70... I passed on him in the 2nd because I thought he would last :laugh:
I had an inkling. I passed on him knowing I had an early 3rd rounder to snag him up. Had another guy too that's still available. But I don't think I'm getting him in the 4th.
Btw Tag Bertuzzi is still mine. I have creative shenanigans lined up.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I had an inkling. I passed on him knowing I had an early 3rd rounder to snag him up. Had another guy too that's still available. But I don't think I'm getting him in the 4th.
Btw Tag Bertuzzi is still mine. I have creative shenanigans lined up.

Just remember that Steve Yzerman is a sacred icon and I don't want to see or hear anything bad about him, please and thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->