TSN: Flyers and Provorov nowhere close to a contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Terrible. Huge add to Nylander to get Provorov

Provy had a bad to very bad year this past season and his metrics supported that.

Nylander did not produce well, but had great metrics.

Provy for Nylander - where do I sign

Cosmic avenger

Oct 27, 2018
Provy is not going anywhere he is a #1d how is growing eat 24 min game without pp time so i know many are just looking at points in value.
I think marner is a budding superstar but so is provy.
Flyers have lots of young forwards coming

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
trading Provorov for Marner makes Philly worse.. even if Marner is the better player.
This is not true. I would take Marner’s 90+ points every day of the week and then bet on Sanheim taking a big step, Gostisbehere bouncing back, and Myers becoming a solid contributor sooner than later.

I love Provorov, but Marner is clearly the more impactful player.

Reactions: TheKrebsCycle

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This might actually suit both teams needs no?
No.

We don't "need" a RW since we have Voracek and Konecny who both produce as top 6 players. However trading Provy, means Hagg or Morin is in the top 6 D instead of Provy. That drop on D is way worse then the addition of what Laine would be.

Especially when on the prospect front, our next ready D would be Friedman...compared to Frost, Farabee, Rubstov, Vorobyev, etc... at F

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Why is it absolute proof? Because it contradicts your opinion?

No, because Provorov played 25 minutes a night on average and started 57% of the time in the defensive zone. It's quite hard to be a metrics darling with those 2 stats. In fact none of the 5 defensemen who logged more TOI per game than Provorov started in the defensive zone that frequently. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure none of them were above 52% defensive zone start percentage. That's why we don't really pay attention to his advanced metrics.

With that being said, he didn't have a great year and surely didn't take a step forward from the previous year.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Provy had a bad to very bad year this past season and his metrics supported that.

Nylander did not produce well, but had great metrics.

Provy for Nylander - where do I sign

You can sign wherever you'd like. Luckily you aren't the GM, and hopefully Chuck Fletcher isn't dumb enough to trade Provorov for Nylander 1 for 1.

Reactions: Alex K

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
No.

We don't "need" a RW since we have Voracek and Konecny who both produce as top 6 players. However trading Provy, means Hagg or Morin is in the top 6 D instead of Provy. That drop on D is way worse then the addition of what Laine would be.

Especially when on the prospect front, our next ready D would be Friedman...compared to Frost, Farabee, Rubstov, Vorobyev, etc... at F

Laine is better /prefers left wing tho... ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad