TSN: Flyers and Provorov nowhere close to a contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
You can sign wherever you'd like. Luckily you aren't the GM, and hopefully Chuck Fletcher isn't dumb enough to trade Provorov for Nylander 1 for 1.

Agree to disagree then

Flyers are fine on defense. We need more high end scoring

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Terrible. Huge add to Nylander to get Provorov

Will never understand why some people are so big on Provorov. Hes good dont get me wrong, but hes not Nick Lidstrom. And this past season he was bad...he was flat out bad.

Nylander also had a bit of a down year, but his metrics were solid (provorovs production and metrics were bad)

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Will never understand why some people are so big on Provorov. Hes good dont get me wrong, but hes not Nick Lidstrom. And this past season he was bad...he was flat out bad.

Nylander also had a bit of a down year, but his metrics were solid (provorovs production and metrics were bad)

Because he's shown that he can be extremely good and a cornerstone for a defense.

Reactions: HyPnOtiK

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I can understand provorov, i guess. But youre bias if you wouldnt give up sanheim to get laine

Sanheim has #2 potential. Have you seen the goals he scored this year? No bias at all, maybe more ignorance on those who haven't followed him b/c he marinated in the minors longer than anticipated, to no fault of his own

Sanheim was a beast in the AHL. Almost a pint per game his last stint their as a dman.....35 points and 9 goals in his first full year a NHL'er

I'd say you clearly don't follow him enough

Sanhein for Laine would make sense for a team like Nash, who needs forwards. Philly is pretty stacked atm. Trading him for Laine creates a hole on d more than it helps them upfront

Reactions: HyPnOtiK

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yikes

Didn't you guys like, not even make the playoffs lol

These kinds of posts always amuse me, as if the Flyers havent been among the most active teams this off season in addressing said needs.

To answer the question of the response you originally quoted though- a young, potential top pairing LHD.

Got a team in mind that would trade one for a young, potential top pairi- oh, wait.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

He was not bad at all, he was carrying the D in front of horrible goaltending for most of the year and struggled at times trying to do too much. He’s a straight up stud and not for sale, esp for Nylander, who is talented but soft and unnecessary with all the Fwd talent the Flyers have coming.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Agree to disagree then

Flyers are fine on defense. We need more high end scoring

The Flyers have been trash on defense since Timonen and Coburn left. Niskanen and Braun are stopgaps at the moment. Sanheim and Myers should be good to take the jump forward. Ghost should be fine this year. Removing Provorov from the equation severely weakens our defense moving forward. We have no one to replace him until York is ready. It's more likely that York replaces Ghost in the lineup than Provorov anyway.

Nylander has scored 60 points while playing with Matthews for 2 seasons. He wouldn't have while playing in Philly. Anyway a shutdown defensemen (even one that had a poor season) is more valuable than a 60 point winger.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I guess the Flyers are thinking about the Klingberg contract, and Provorov wants Ekblad's

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Sanheim has #2 potential. Have you seen the goals he scored this year? No bias at all, maybe more ignorance on those who haven't followed him b/c he marinated in the minors longer than anticipated, to no fault of his own

Sanheim was a beast in the AHL. Almost a pint per game his last stint their as a dman.....35 points and 9 goals in his first full year a NHL'er

Sanhein for Laine would make sense for a team like Nash, who needs forwards. Philly is pretty stacked atm. Trading him for Laine creates a hole on d more than it helps them upfront
I find it amusing when fans tout the accomplishments as a player in the AHL and modest production at the NHL in comparison to a player with historically significant goal scoring accomplishments as an 18-20 year old.

Reactions: Jyssy and Nakawick

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Because he's shown that he can be extremely good and a cornerstone for a defense.

Its tough to say that. It's not very different from what's going on with Patrick Laine. Laine looked like the next Ovechkin his first 2 seasons, but was deeply exposed this last season as an excellent sniper...that cant drive play or produce at ES. In other words teams/defenses have figured him out.

Is there not a chance the same has happened with Provorov? Provy wasnt hamstrung with MacDonald all season and actually had decent linemates most of the year. Why did he perform like a middle or bottom pairing dman?

Flyers are deep defensively. I'm high on Sanheim and I think Myers is going to be strong. Ghost and Morin close out the prospect pool as York is going to need some time. Haag is a serviceable bottom pairing guy and so is Morin for now, but I still think Morin has a chance to be that rare special Dman, hopefully.

Nylander is where we want Frost and Farabee and whoever else to be in a few years, but hes there...now. His metrics demonstrate how good he is.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
He was not bad at all, he was carrying the D in front of horrible goaltending for most of the year and struggled at times trying to do too much. He’s a straight up stud and not for sale, esp for Nylander, who is talented but soft and unnecessary with all the Fwd talent the Flyers have coming.

You assume all that "forward talent" is going to develop to full potential.

I guess we're still waiting on Scott Laughton, NAK, Laberge, and Wade Allison than too? Everybody doesnt make it

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
You assume all that "forward talent" is going to develop to full potential.

I guess we're still waiting on Scott Laughton, NAK, Laberge, and Wade Allison than too? Everybody doesnt make it
Strawman much?

We don't need all of it to flourish, we have Frost, Farabee and Ratcliffe. Thats three blue chip prospects projected to be top 6 players. If we don't hit a decent player out of that it will be a major disapointment

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Its tough to say that. It's not very different from what's going on with Patrick Laine. Laine looked like the next Ovechkin his first 2 seasons, but was deeply exposed this last season as an excellent sniper...that cant drive play or produce at ES. In other words teams/defenses have figured him out.

Is there not a chance the same has happened with Provorov? Provy wasnt hamstrung with MacDonald all season and actually had decent linemates most of the year. Why did he perform like a middle or bottom pairing dman?

Flyers are deep defensively. I'm high on Sanheim and I think Myers is going to be strong. Ghost and Morin close out the prospect pool as York is going to need some time. Haag is a serviceable bottom pairing guy and so is Morin for now, but I still think Morin has a chance to be that rare special Dman, hopefully.

Nylander is where we want Frost and Farabee and whoever else to be in a few years, but hes there...now. His metrics demonstrate how good he is.

Any argument for acquiring Laine despite his down year is exactly the same argument as to why you should KEEP Provorov.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
I can understand provorov, i guess. But youre bias if you wouldnt give up sanheim to get laine
Not really. I wouldn't trade Sanheim for Laine either right now because it wouldn't just be a 1 for 1 deal in our cap situation. A deal like that would mean we lose another important piece to afford Laine who is scary one dimensional and inconsistent. I'll keep Sanheim on his bridge deal

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa

Because Provorov has been a #1D at 19 since entering the league and no defensemen faces tougher usage? A down year by his standards when his entire team sucked last year and he got minimal help doesn't change the fact that hes a superior player at a more important position than Nylander is.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa

Sanheim very clearly has #1 Potential. I still think Provorov ends up better due to his defensive game but I wouldn't be shocked if Sanheim overtook him.

Reactions: bobbythebrain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad