Confirmed with Link: Flyers acquire (G) Brian Boucher and (D) Mark Alt for (C) Luke Pither

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
What is it that everytime Boosh is coming back some guys think he will turn it around and finally come into his own or at least be an upgrade over what we already had on the roster.... and then he puts up some .90%ish save percentage again and falters like.....well Boosh.

This guy should run for presidency...people just trust him for no particular reason :)

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Chance of injury (or MFL just sucking) is greater due to shortened season/compressed schedule. I'm much more comfortable having Boosh around in case one of the 2 go down over Cal Heeter or Niko Hovinen.

collegehockeyguy

May 15, 2011
i think the comments above are accurate on alt. im not a flyers fan but i follow the minnesota gophers closely. just stopped by to say he is big, strong, athletic, nice skater for his size, can carry the puck up surprisingly well for a guy his size, likes to play the body.. he had a strong freshman year in minnesota and a very very good sophomore year last year. as a junior he was expected to be a shut down D and he hasnt quite been that this year (yet, anyhow). not sure if it is because he is trying to take on more of a leadership role? he has still been solid in his own end, his problems this year have been more in the offensive end (turning the puck over at the blue line, missing a pinch or fanning on a shot)..

he definately has the tools to play in the NHL. i wouldnt be too surprised if the flyers sign him this summer, but he would still need time in the AHL to continue to put it together. he missed most of his senior year of high school hockey due to a football injury (broken collar bone, i believe) and then came in as a true freshman.. so he was and still is somewhat raw

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Chance of injury (or MFL just sucking) is greater due to shortened season/compressed schedule. I'm much more comfortable having Boosh around in case one of the 2 go down over Cal Heeter or Niko Hovinen.
I'd prefer to have any of the latter two over Boosh. I like Boucher, but this is only going to further exacerbate our goaltending woes by not giving our prospects chances to play. Hovinen has already been buried in the ECHL without being given a chance in the AHL other than in the preseason, and if Heeter loses his backup AHL position, then why not just let him go. It's clear he then doesn't have a future here.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I'd prefer to have any of the latter two over Boosh. I like Boucher, but this is only going to further exacerbate our goaltending woes by not giving our prospects chances to play. Hovinen has already been buried in the ECHL without being given a chance in the AHL other than in the preseason, and if Heeter loses his backup AHL position, then why not just let him go. It's clear he then doesn't have a future here.

Neither one of them is even close to NHL ready. You do not want to see either one in a Flyers sweater this season.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
The Flyers got an asset for a bum they signed out of junior hockey.
Im not expecting much out of Boucher. I am intrigued with Alt tho.

Thats whats huge. Pither has done nothing, and honestly was a waste of a contract. You pick up Boosh who is the emergency goalie and add a kid who could be a solid player in the future. You know what you have out of Pither. Alt has the potenial to be a big shutdown defender.

I just want to see a training camp with Alt-Laudisen. HUGE

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Thats whats huge. Pither has done nothing, and honestly was a waste of a contract. You pick up Boosh who is the emergency goalie and add a kid who could be a solid player in the future. You know what you have out of Pither. Alt has the potenial to be a big shutdown defender.

I just want to see a training camp with Alt-Laudisen. HUGE

From reading his scouting report he can skate damn good for a big man and has some untapped offensive potential.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

Hovinen is "buried" in the ECHL for a reason. He has a .889 sv% and a 3.14 GAA down there and by all accounts has not looked good but you would rather have him over boosh in an emergency situation. While Heeter has performed better in the AHL (.911 sv% and a 2.81 GAA) he's still in only his 1st yr of pro hockey. with his numbers, only a yr removed from college he'd be a disaster in the NHL.

both of these guys' max potential is an NHL back-up imo so it's not like having Boosh here for this shortened season is damaging their future.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad