Confirmed with Link: Flyers acquire (G) Brian Boucher and (D) Mark Alt for (C) Luke Pither

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
he wouldn't stick around for his senior year?

It's tough to say, he was a guy that was considered a risk to leave last year after his sophomore season and with the way things have gone this year he may want to try something new. I would think the Flyers organization may also want him to sign due to a lack of development at Minnesota. Plus you have to consider the Gophers stacked blue line and the lack of opportunities as a result of that. They had all 6 guys return from last year's team and brought in two really talented freshmen in Mike Reilly and Brady Skjei. Helgeson is the only one who will graduate next year and unless someone leaves early (Nate Schmidt) Alt's role won't be any larger next year than it is this year.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
It's tough to say, he was a guy that was considered a risk to leave last year after his sophomore season and with the way things have gone this year he may want to try something new. I would think the Flyers organization may also want him to sign due to a lack of development at Minnesota. Plus you have to consider the Gophers stacked blue line and the lack of opportunities as a result of that. They had all 6 guys return from last year's team and brought in two really talented freshmen in Mike Reilly and Brady Skjei. Helgeson is the only one who will graduate next year and unless someone leaves early (Nate Schmidt) Alt's role won't be any larger next year than it is this year.

Alt is a natural athlete. Who only a few years ago focused full time on hockey. Was an all state state QB an asked to gray shirt at Iowa. Many players at the U have him pegged as the best athlete on the team. "likes to dunk on people in pick up basketball." Think Jake Hansen said that last year.

Alt is progressing nicely. He is improved at block shots and his physical play is clean and well positioned. His points have not taken off, but with so many D men thats not his role. Nick Schultz maybe.

Lucia has put Jordan Leopold, Paul Martin, Keith Ballard, Alex Goligoski, Erik Johnson, Nick Leddy as NHL regulars. Forgotten about Stu Bickel who was an NHL regular last year. And players like Stuart, Peltier, Ness and Fairchild have played NHL games. He and Guentzel can coach D men.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
He's a scratch-off ticket, but that's better than what Pither was so it's a win. In fact when we look at how often Homer trades 2nd round picks getting back a guy who was a 2nd round pick is kinda making up for one of those deals. So I like it. Skating is something that can be worked on and the Flyers have coaches and camps specifically for that for their prospects. I think he'll probably be a guy who spend a year or two in the AHL.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
if boosh goes to the phantoms does monroe go to the echl? could boosh be a very expensive hands on coach for goalies?

let small market teams call it what they want (day 1 cap subversion) i see it as a deeper committment to development.

Not an "if" Boosh is going to the Phantoms, he is going to the Phantoms

Munroe has an AHL contract and cannot be sent to the ECHL. He can, however, be released.

Personally I'd like to see the Phantoms keep Boucher and Munroe and send Heeter to Trenton to get the bulk of the starts with Hovinen as the backup. Since Wedgewood is Devils property on a Flyers ECHL affiliate the Devils would need to fina a place for Wedgewood to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad