Confirmed with Link: Flyers acquire (G) Brian Boucher and (D) Mark Alt for (C) Luke Pither

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I like this. Pither is worthless, and we turned him into an upgrade for our 3rd/emergency goalie(who can come up whenever thanks to no re-entry waivers), and a prospect that has much better upside than Pither.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I like this. Pither is worthless, and we turned him into an upgrade for our 3rd/emergency goalie(who can come up whenever thanks to no re-entry waivers), and a prospect that has much better upside than Pither.
but we should have traded pither for bogosian because the flyers need that and it totallllly works in madden.

Yarg..im so angreh.

Not to mention this move sets the organization back months.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Oh christ I hope Gomez isn't on Homer's radar now that the Habs sent him home!!

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
He's played significantly better since getting called out by coach. At this point wins and losses should be thrown out the window for Trenton games, because the team's been dismantled. At this point, he's been outplaying Wedgewood.
Music to my ears :)

It's laughable. We traded a non prospect ECHLer who didn't even get drafted for a perfectly fine number 3 goalie and a prospect and people actually think we should have done better. You have to almost assume its just trolling. Surely no one expects to improve the Flyers with Pither as the bait.
Wait, who exactly disagreed with the move? I won't go through all the pages now, but I can't remember people saying it was a bad trade. And now you guys have filled up a page laughing at something no one has said. Good job, it's cool seeing people getting amused so quickly. It also says something about the general level of conversation and intelligence displayed on these boards.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
if boosh goes to the phantoms does monroe go to the echl? could boosh be a very expensive hands on coach for goalies?

let small market teams call it what they want (day 1 cap subversion) i see it as a deeper committment to development.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
if boosh goes to the phantoms does monroe go to the echl? could boosh be a very expensive hands on coach for goalies?

let small market teams call it what they want (day 1 cap subversion) i see it as a deeper committment to development.

Munroe has no future in the organization. The Flyers are still trying to pull something out of Hovinen, so he'll take priority over Munroe, and the Devils have Wedgewood in Trenton as well, who'll also take priority regardless of affiliation.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

Wait, who exactly disagreed with the move? I won't go through all the pages now, but I can't remember people saying it was a bad trade. And now you guys have filled up a page laughing at something no one has said. Good job, it's cool seeing people getting amused so quickly. It also says something about the general level of conversation and intelligence displayed on these boards.
I think one page back hockyplyr8 said "i hate this team". That (I'm guessing) is where it all began.

People are bent that leighton is here, bryz is here, and that boucher was "the solution".

It was actually a very smart trade (for today) by Holmgren. Neither guy may play for the Flyers (bouch again, Alt ever), but we need all the D prospects we can get.

I wonder if this will get to 8000000 pages like the "we gauged interest in Nodl" thread last year...for a complete non issue.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I've been watching Alt for about 5 years and I can tell you the Flyers got the better of this deal. I've never even heard of Pither but Alt is a kid who has everything you need to be a successful defenseman at the NHL level. His skating could use a little work but he's a big kid and a great athlete. As a few have mentioned, he has been off this year but I think a change of scenery next year could really motivate him and get him going again.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Mark Alt is an interesting addition. Pither was no one that would really ever even play an Andreas Nodl role on the team. So it's fine. Boucher could be here for Leighton's role last year or to compete with Leighton for the back up job. Why not trade for Martin Biron while we're at it. :P

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Mark Alt is an interesting addition. Pither was no one that would really ever even play an Andreas Nodl role on the team. So it's fine. Boucher could be here for Leighton's role last year or to compete with Leighton for the back up job. Why not trade for Martin Biron while we're at it. :P

I think Steve Dueschene and Mikael Renberg are looking to make a comeback as well...

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Alt is a decent prospect with upside. Exactly the type of guy homer should be looking to aqcuire. The price is low but playing the numbers one is bound to pan out

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I've been watching Alt for about 5 years and I can tell you the Flyers got the better of this deal. I've never even heard of Pither but Alt is a kid who has everything you need to be a successful defenseman at the NHL level. His skating could use a little work but he's a big kid and a great athlete. As a few have mentioned, he has been off this year but I think a change of scenery next year could really motivate him and get him going again.

he wouldn't stick around for his senior year?

RJ8812*

You would think that with the work that needs to be done, he would absolutely go back. Obviously I dont know if he does

from the looks of it, it seems like Alt should move on from college. He's stuggled this year, but it could be one of those "it's time to move one" things, much like Bourdon last season. He wasn't that great in the AHL, but finally got called-up and showed he can play in the bigs

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
You would think that with the work that needs to be done, he would absolutely go back. Obviously I dont know if he does

from the looks of it, it seems like Alt should move on from college. He's stuggled this year, but it could be one of those "it's time to move one" things, much like Bourdon last season. He wasn't that great in the AHL, but finally got called-up and showed he can play in the bigs

that may be true but i have a feeling he goes back for his senior year.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Alt is a decent prospect with upside. Exactly the type of guy homer should be looking to aqcuire. The price is low but playing the numbers one is bound to pan out

Totally agree on that. I like the move just for that perspective alone. Any deal where we take on a minor amount and gain youth on the back end would be especially grateful! Thank you Rutherford.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North

You won't go through the pages to see if we are right but instead will accuse us of being unintelligent. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad