Confirmed with Link: Florida Panthers Officially Name Joel Quenneville Their Next Head Coach

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

:( Don't like to hear this. Read a couple articles and one that stuck out was the year they lost Soupy when he was traded here.
He took over the 4th ranked PK (89.3%) and it fell to 79.2%, writer semi-argues this due to loss of Soupy, Kopecky and Brouwer.

So Kitchen and Haviland switched roles. Kitchen then took over the 4th ranked PP (23.5 %) and somehow it dropped to 14th at 17.9%

Q definitely has a respect for this guy. The good things I read/heard about him is that he was doing all the drills with the players in practices into his 50's so they respected him. Hoping this is false advertising.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I havent seen anything stating Kitchens was a definite. We know they are all good friends, but his "friendships" seemed to be downplayed a bit when the assistant coaches question came up.
Na you dont fire an excellent coach for an unknown. This is bad but expected news.

Torn with the Kitchen hiring but then again this team is very different than he last was here
Same guy. No way to put a positive spin on this hire.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
In every aspect of the game too much credit/ blame is given to the coach

Q has already stated how basic and straight forward his systems are. The players need to buy in and hopefully it happens quickly. This team has solid PP players and I don’t see that being an issue regardless of who is actually “responsible” for it behind the bench. Not sure if it’ll be as good as it was this season, but if we get some goaltending and stop sucking at 5v5, it won’t have to be.

If anything, I think maybe Boughner made things too complicated in terms of his systems and philosophies and was too stubborn to change things when they weren’t working.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Q has already stated how basic and straight forward his systems are. The players need to buy in and hopefully it happens quickly. This team has solid PP players and I don’t see that being an issue regardless of who is actually “responsible” for it behind the bench. Not sure if it’ll be as good as it was this season, but if we get some goaltending and stop sucking at 5v5, it won’t have to be.

If anything, I think maybe Boughner made things too complicated in terms of his systems and philosophies and was too stubborn to change things when they weren’t working.
I agree that Bo may have overthought it. And that’s like the coach declaring, I’m smarter so players have to do as I think. In reality it’s probably better to say, here are the basic things I want you to do right every shift. And then you players use your creativity to make magic happen once the basic flow is under control.

Basic do your job + magic, instead of magic + basic do your job. Barkov will be good because he’s good in any system, but people like Matheson need the Q system and can actually improvise and finesse with the added component instead of the basic component.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Torn with the Kitchen hiring but then again this team is very different than he last was here
Why tho? Defense was probably the best part of the team back then I thought..even with the one weak link player...

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

One thing he did say is he feels that maybe the preperation for games wasnt there.

Players better not show up to the game wearing a tan

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
One thing he did say is he feels that maybe the preperation for games wasnt there.

Players better not show up to the game wearing a tan

Yep, agreed. I think Gallant had a solid grasp on this as well and you could tell the team was way more prepared to play under him. I think Boughner is a bright guy, just couldn't find the right balance between being liked and being demanding. I think Bob is better suited as an assistant.

Reactions: Haj

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
What do you guys think Q is doing to prepare for the season? Sounds like he already has a system prepared. Do you think he’s going to watch every game or study players individually or is he just taking time off until the season starts?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
What do you guys think Q is doing to prepare for the season? Sounds like he already has a system prepared. Do you think he’s going to watch every game or study players individually or is he just taking time off until the season starts?

For the love of god hopefully he gets Ekblad a power skating coach and good training programs going for everyone so we're not such a out of condition team once again

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Lots of SPA visits and steam room visits with Panarin.

That stache is gonna be so f***ing shiny.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well with the draft coming up and the summer prospects camp, I don't know how much involved in that he is. I'm sure has a routine for preparing. But he's probably combining some new things with that, with coming to a new team. I think he'll probably want to study his players pretty good, get to know them. Get to know the organization, the prospects and such.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he already has his system.
I mean, I'm pretty sure he'll be at the draft. :dunno: Lol

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino