Confirmed with Link: Florida Panthers Officially Name Joel Quenneville Their Next Head Coach

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Good to hear from Prongs, respect the hell outta that guy for his play on the ice(edgy as it could be).

Not to derail the thread, but do you think any of the current D-men(Eks, I'm lookin right at cha, bruh) have possibly reached out to him for guidance or advice? I mean, I know he's not a coach, but how could you possibly not...as a defenseman...want to pick the brain, or ask the guidance of a guy like THAT, no matter his current capacity within the club?
I know Petro was really excited when we hired Prongs. :laugh:

But seriously, I know people demand a lot from Ek because of his contract/draft position/rookie success, but he really turned the corner IMO and maybe Prongs helped a bit.

Reactions: Mase

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Good to hear from Prongs, respect the hell outta that guy for his play on the ice(edgy as it could be).

Not to derail the thread, but do you think any of the current D-men(Eks, I'm lookin right at cha, bruh) have possibly reached out to him for guidance or advice? I mean, I know he's not a coach, but how could you possibly not...as a defenseman...want to pick the brain, or ask the guidance of a guy like THAT, no matter his current capacity within the club?

Yeah Ekblad said in the exit interviews that he talks to Prongs. I'd assume the other guys do too.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
If Trader Dale can move the first round pick for some blue line help I wouldn't be against that at all this June.

I would think the 1st rounder is definitely available for trade, but it will probably take more than that... Maybe plus hoff or a prospect

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
1st and Hoffman could net a very interesting return.

I want Dale to land us a Dman without trading Hoff. F**K what Hoff could land us in a trade. Keep him, and make a deep run in the playoffs next year, and trade his rights if need be at the draft the following summer. If Lou stays, and we get Bob and Panarin, I hope Dale can get creative and get that Dman without moving a major forward, and we make a major run.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Q and A with Q

click here

“One thing is over the years you might make some adjustments to how you coach. The one thing we always fall back on and we always look back on: the simpler we always kept it, or we foresee how we want to keep it, is you keep the game as simple as possible. Play fast, play hard, play with some energy. It seems like there’s more speed across the board, more skill across the board, more guys are making plays. Not a lot of time to make them as well. So that’s kind of the way we’ve always played. We anticipate that’s how we’re going to play.

“When I’m watching the games now it’s not like technically I’m looking so much for structure. I’m watching individuals play. And you got an appreciation just watching a couple nights of playoff hockey how much fun it is and I think that’s what we’re up against in Florida — not playing some meaningful games.
“We need that appetite to find out more about our guys and I think some guys in that type of environment we’d like to see them rise to that challenge and take us to new heights.”

This stuck out to me regarding structure

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I want Dale to land us a Dman without trading Hoff. F**K what Hoff could land us in a trade. Keep him, and make a deep run in the playoffs next year, and trade his rights if need be at the draft the following summer. If Lou stays, and we get Bob and Panarin, I hope Dale can get creative and get that Dman without moving a major forward, and we make a major run.
The only player that they can move that isnt a forward and making money is MM. And if DT pulls that off hes a legend.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Rozner: Ex-Blackhawks Q, Tallon form interesting pair

Sorry if this was already posted some where (didn't see it), but pretty much agree with most of the things this guy wrote. I don't think Dale is an idiot and he's one of the best we've ever had, but definitely think he's at the very least, overrated. Either way I'll cheer for him to make the right moves to get us over the top.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
10000% I dont want Hoff to go anywhere.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Rozner: Ex-Blackhawks Q, Tallon form interesting pair

Sorry if this was already posted some where (didn't see it), but pretty much agree with most of the things this guy wrote. I don't think Dale is an idiot and he's one of the best we've ever had, but definitely think he's at the very least, overrated. Either way I'll cheer for him to make the right moves to get us over the top.
I don't see how he's getting overrated. You have to scratch and claw to give him credit for anything at all.

Reactions: Kellyr

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Will be interesting to see what Pittsburgh does in the off season. Their GM isn't afraid to swing for the fences.

Letang anyone?
Letang or Dumoulin would be great, but that would be a weird shake-up to do when the biggest liability on the team is Jack Johnson and this does nothing to solve that problem.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
I don't see how he's getting overrated. You have to scratch and claw to give him credit for anything at all.
Give him credit in general or me personally? I've given him plenty of credit for his coaching hires, bringing in Campbell/Luongo (even tho these were cap causality no-brainers everyone on these boards said should happen before they even happened....but the credit I give is for dumping Olesz in the process), adding Theodore, adding Garrison, drafting Tro in the 3rd round, targeting Jagr, adding Dads/Vatrano and working the phones for Hoff.

Other than that, why should he be granted so much favoritism, because we won the division? Big deal. Let's raise that banner up Nashville Predator-style, 5 more points than the Murray brothers. Other franchises have won the division too in recent years (Avs, Stars, Habs), only to go back to mediocrity the following seasons. Winning some playoff rounds would actually be something, but hey, even Peter Chiarelli has accomplished that. :laugh: The bar is set so low here in Florida (just make the playoffs) and we struggle to even do that. I hardly ever see Dale criticized heavily by the media the way that article did and the breakdowns he made in it is why IMO he is overrated.

I am absolutely ecstatic we got Q here as coach, but I hope he will be the guy doing the majority of the decisions with the roster. If Dale makes all the decisions and we fail again, I foresee the same excuses being used again -- "the players were learning a new system, give Dale one more year".

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Will be interesting to see what Pittsburgh does in the off season. Their GM isn't afraid to swing for the fences.

Letang anyone?

I like Letang but he's too expensive. That would be $21M tied up on three dmen.

Edit: I guess that's not terrible nowadays. I'd rather go after Trouba since Letangs in his 30's.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I like Letang but he's too expensive. That would be $21M tied up on three dmen.

Edit: I guess that's not terrible nowadays. I'd rather go after Trouba since Letangs in his 30's.

I worry more about his durability. When healthy he's one of the best in the game but yeah can't stay healthy much. Trouba would be another.

I think in the end they'll get someone within the 5 million range and without much term. No protection needed for the expansion.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I worry more about his durability. When healthy he's one of the best in the game but yeah can't stay healthy much. Trouba would be another.

I think in the end they'll get someone within the 5 million range and without much term. No protection needed for the expansion.
Didn't GR said Tallon wasn't going for Trouba or Subban?

Edler is always an option imo. He's not very durable, but with Yandle and Matheson also on the left side, maybe he wouldn't be overplayed and he could play 60+ games?

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Didn't GR said Tallon wasn't going for Trouba or Subban?

I didn't hear this.

Edler is always an option imo. He's not very durable, but with Yandle and Matheson also on the left side, maybe he wouldn't be overplayed and he could play 60+ games?

Edler has said he wants to stay in Vancouver and retire there. I don't think he'll sign anywhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad