Confirmed with Link: Florida Panthers Officially Name Joel Quenneville Their Next Head Coach

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

Just curious, was Macfarland the coach that ran the Panthers PP? You guys had an unstoppable machine 5 on 4. Good luck next year, I’m sure Quennville will have you guys contending especially after you add Panarin.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Just curious, was Macfarland the coach that ran the Panthers PP? You guys had an unstoppable machine 5 on 4. Good luck next year, I’m sure Quennville will have you guys contending especially after you add Panarin.

Supposedly he did, and supposedly he ran the PP the season before last, where we were 21st in the league. Hoffman had 17 goals on the PP this season, and we had two other players that scored over 10 goals as well. The season before last, we only had one (Trocheck, 13goals), so who can really say why we saw an improved PP this season. Regardless, I would have liked to see him retained, but Im sure Q knows what he is doing.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
it wasnt nearly as good as the numbers showed. tons of lucky/bad goals. it was just an above avg. pp that massively overachieved. all things being equal we wouldve ranked around 12th next year. it actually overachieved to such an extent that adding panarin and Q i expect the numbers to still drop markedly.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
it wasnt nearly as good as the numbers showed. tons of lucky/bad goals. it was just an above avg. pp that massively overachieved. all things being equal we wouldve ranked around 12th next year. it actually overachieved to such an extent that adding panarin and Q i expect the numbers to still drop markedly.

I don’t know if Q is going to bring over the same coaching staff he had in Chicago but one of the biggest gripes they had with him was how they ran their PP. I just remember when the sharks played FLA that their puck movement was awesome to watch... almost Sedin like at times

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I don’t know if Q is going to bring over the same coaching staff he had in Chicago but one of the biggest gripes they had with him was how they ran their PP. I just remember when the sharks played FLA that their puck movement was awesome to watch... almost Sedin like at times

The power play didnt over achieve at all.

Dont listen to him. The execution was great. The PP was excellent. However, we allowed an egregious amount of SHGs so...yeah..it didnt overachieve in my opinion.

Reactions: Chaos2k7 and WSS11

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
The power play didnt over achieve at all.

Dont listen to him. The execution was great. The PP was excellent. However, we allowed an egregious amount of SHGs so...yeah..it didnt overachieve in my opinion.

Good to hear. I lived in FL for awhile so I’ve always had a soft spot for the Panthers. I hope you guys have a good run next year.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Good to hear. I lived in FL for awhile so I’ve always had a soft spot for the Panthers. I hope you guys have a good run next year.
yea except the pp overachieved in a big way. dont listen to him about not listening to me.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
The PP has Mike Hoffman to thank and only Mike Hoffman. His shot made the opposition respect him and created space for everyone else.

He's the soul reason it performed as well as it did this year.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Didn't Tallon fire Dineen? How would that situation NOT be awkward....

Because at the end of the day they're all professionals and they're all getting paid. The past is the past, the only thing that matters is putting up W's next year.

Reactions: Kellyr

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Because at the end of the day they're all professionals and they're all getting paid. The past is the past, the only thing that matters is putting up W's next year.
You have to admit, seeing us have success next year with Mike Kitchen AND Kevin Dineen behind the bench would be hilarious as both have been dismissed by Tallon in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00