Confirmed with Link: Florida Panthers Officially Name Joel Quenneville Their Next Head Coach

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd honestly much rather McFarland.

Just moving Bob to D and keeping McFarland may have worked. Q fixes the 5 on 5 and defensive zone structure for the D. Force the play in neutral zone at our blueline, collapsing D in our zone instead of this leaving the honey hole to chase all over and get dizzy. The wingers can't cherry pick and leave the zone before the puck is out. Bag skate these guys, emphasis on hard crisp passing and no f***ing blind back passes! Activate Matheson more when he's at full speed. Lots of times he was behind the net and trapped, Ekblad should handle the puck and get it to him when he's ready to Soupy/Keith it up the ice and do what he does best, put pressure on their D and look for wrap around set-ups.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Just moving Bob to D and keeping McFarland may have worked. Q fixes the 5 on 5 and defensive zone structure for the D. Force the play in neutral zone at our blueline, collapsing D in our zone instead of this leaving the honey hole to chase all over and get dizzy. The wingers can't cherry pick and leave the zone before the puck is out. Bag skate these guys, emphasis on hard crisp passing and no ****ing blind back passes! Activate Matheson more when he's at full speed. Lots of times he was behind the net and trapped, Ekblad should handle the puck and get it to him when he's ready to Soupy/Keith it up the ice and do what he does best, put pressure on their D and look for wrap around set-ups.

Here is a thought, if Ottawa doesnt keep Marc Crawford...what if Quenneville hires him as an assistant....inverse of the 1996 Cup team.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Here is a thought, if Ottawa doesnt keep Marc Crawford...what if Quenneville hires him as an assistant....inverse of the 1996 Cup team.

Harvey.gif

Who was the other coach? Mike Keenan? :sarcasm:

Had to look it up, Bob Hartley, Tony Granato and Bednar. Not a bad crew.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
It's funny, the thing coach said about remembering this feeling of missing the playoffs to the players. I'm guessing they remember, but I know, the fans remember. Holy smoke. What is it 21 out of 26 years this team has missed the playoffs?
THE FANS SURE REMEMBER, COACH. Please know how hungry we are for playoffs.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
It's funny, the thing coach said about remembering this feeling of missing the playoffs to the players. I'm guessing they remember, but I know, the fans remember. Holy smoke. What is it 21 out of 26 years this team has missed the playoffs?
THE FANS SURE REMEMBER, COACH. Please know how hungry we are for playoffs.
None of the players have been around the team as long as most of the fans

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Chris Pronger on Q

Good to hear from Prongs, respect the hell outta that guy for his play on the ice(edgy as it could be).

Not to derail the thread, but do you think any of the current D-men(Eks, I'm lookin right at cha, bruh) have possibly reached out to him for guidance or advice? I mean, I know he's not a coach, but how could you possibly not...as a defenseman...want to pick the brain, or ask the guidance of a guy like THAT, no matter his current capacity within the club?

Reactions: Kellyr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad