Confirmed with Link: Florida Panthers Officially Name Joel Quenneville Their Next Head Coach

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Reimer at the beginning

tumblr_nuqk4wSTER1tv4k5po1_400.gif

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I feel like if we lived in a binary world, if offseason trades pan out, our D-G-HC value will go from 000 to 111.

Meaning, we’ll never settle our in-season dispute... but it won’t matter

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

It's awful, but I will make it a point to try to get to more games this season. Not because of the coach, but because the ownership is willing to put its money where its mouth is. If they're going to spend money to try to field a winner, I'm going to spend more on the team just on principle.

Reactions: Kellyr

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If Q turns Matheson into half of Duncan Keith I'll admit Boog failed
To me BB was afraid to sit any of the core guys, when it should be even across the board. MM needs to hear the message and act accordingly or he will see time in the pressbox under Q. It will be good for a lot of these guys to have expectations placed on them from the coach.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Boog failed 100% with Math, there's nothing to even debate.

Not sure if Q can turn Math into Keith... that dude won the Conn Smythe and was a beast in his prime. But Q will simplify his decision making and make him better.
We’ll see. If Math still sucks then he didn’t fail. Not like every d who has played for q turned out great or even good.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Q's system doesnt stiffle offensive players in the offensive zone, its built for them. But in the neutral and defensive zone, he is going to stop this lackadaisical system while trying to cheat offensive opportunities off the rush, we will still get them, just by being better positioned across the board.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Boog failed 100% with Math, there's nothing to even debate.

Not sure if Q can turn Math into Keith... that dude won the Conn Smythe and was a beast in his prime. But Q will simplify his decision making and make him better.

We will see as Rats said.

Maybe Matheson just sucks. If he sucks under then he just sucks and there was nothing to salvage.

Boog operated under the fact that Math was signed long term and we will sink or swim with him. He played him to get better and he didnt.

He should have scratched him and that's where Bough failed. But he gave him the reigns to figure it out.

If he still doesnt know then he sucks, that contract sucks, and Bough had nothing to salvage.

And not literally half, but you get the idea. A poor man's soup. He has the skating, he has the tools, his brain is terrible though. Let's see what Q can make out of him

Reactions: Chaos2k7

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
We’ll see. If Math still sucks then he didn’t fail. Not like every d who has played for q turned out great or even good.
It isnt Boogs fault Matheson regressed significantly but not matching him uo again weak competition or healthy scratching him was on Boog. Dude should have sat way before game 78.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Yeah going to disagree with all of you.

Matheson isn't stupid. He's taking the first steps on a nhl career and he failed miserably this year. And here we have a coach who kept throwing him on the ice and never holding him responsible.

I think he'll be significantly better next year. I'm not a betting man but I'm willing to bet on it.
The thing about MM is that he was never able to ease into a roll.

He was brought in playing top pair in the playoffs and was instantly expected to play top pair as a 21 year old.

Weegar, Brown, etc have it easy playing easy minutes for 13 mins a night.

MM needs to be scaled back a bit and play some easierminutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad