Post-Game Talk: Florida Panthers at New York Rangers 11/10/2013

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It would be really dumb to mess with the 2 lines right now. Nash is not back yet so no need to ponder it yet. They can call the CK-Step-Zook line the 3rd line. Just leave them together. Its not about who has the biggest name or the biggest skill. Its about how well a line plays as a unit.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Slightly OT, but Bill Pidto must learn how to pronounce players' names.

Tom Sesestu is not a player in this league.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Good win.

Richards had a great game. He needs it because he hasn't been that great for a while now.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Disappointed with most of the game, but hey SJ is struggling with Winnipeg and Chicago struggled with Edmonton. It was nice to see the team flip a switch after the 2nd goal.

Wolfy*

Any videos of the Kreider hit floating around?

Was it a hit? I think he pushed him into the boards. Lets hope there's no NHL reaction.

But AV said he apologized for putting the team in that situation :)

BarbaraAlphanse

Was it a hit? I think he pushed him into the boards. Lets hope there's no NHL reaction.

But AV said he apologized for putting the team in that situation :)

Believe the penalty was for "charging". Might be a different penalty I had it on in the background while doing work and couldn't watch much of it. Just was able to catch the goals or big chances.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
That's another thing. With these games lately my heart doesn't sink when the opposing team scores. Because I know we can come back. It's a really good feeling that was hard to have most of the beginning of the year.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
If Nash is playing with Brassard on the third line 1) That is a great problem to have and 2) I would't consider that a third line. We would have more of a 1a 1b and 2

The ideal lineup would be:

Pouliot-Brassard-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

It'd be a 1a, 1b, 1c. Equal ice time for the top 3 lines and a deep group of forwards with 3 lines that can score.

Team looked alright tonight. Good to get the two points even though they didn't play a great game. Hard to be upset with 6 wins out of 7 though.

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Was at the game and it was a frustrating one. Kill the Penguins and struggle against the Panthers... hmm. :sarcasm:

There was a hit during the game that didn't really get shown on replays. Who hit who into the NYR bench? Was it caught on camera?

A win is a win. On to the next one...
Oh, and beautiful play making by the Rangers on goal #1.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
The new Garden is horrible. The arena is cut in half by the bridges. The crowd is a non factor in our building.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
POTG: Hagelin, he creates so many chances but his linemates keep blowing them. Has 8 points in 7 games, but that number could be above 10 the way he is playing. And that's with almost no PP time at all. Currently the best forward on the team, and I'm not sure if it is close.

The Good: Richards, Streiderello (picked up their play big time in the 3rd, Kreider's penalty notwithstanding), McDonagh, Staal-Strålman pairing, Dorsett, Boyle.

The Bad: Moore-Del Zotto.

The Pyatt: Pouliot.

All in all a sloppy game, where they allowed Florida to surge back at times. But the Rangers looked really dangerous when they were on.

Del Zotto played well today. Don't be a blind hater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad