Post-Game Talk: Florida Panthers at New York Rangers 11/10/2013

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
i thought it looked nice

It looks incredible but the place has no life anymore. It's hard to get a 18000people pumped up when nobody can see eachother. I felt like I was watching the game on my couch with a few friends. When they scored it was pretty meh. The fans couldn't eve put a chant together because they've practically split the place in half. Felt like I was in a mall watching the game.

Cake or Death

On Kreider's hit. I'm sorry I'm okay with it. Stepan takes so many ****ing cheapshots it's disgusting. Kreider destroying Upshall after that scrum is OK with me. Although that was BAD timing.

GG Boys. Every win can't be pretty. Sucks the streak ended here, but Florida is more talented than they get credit for.

On to the Debs :)

I liked the hit. Plays like that obviously have bigger implications than just the one game. They draw the locker room tighter, gets guys playing harder for one another. We def needed more of that. Short-term, bad play for sure. But honestly, worst case, Fla scores, we head to OT and I still like our chances in OT/SO. But long-term those kinds of plays can do a lot for a team, especially for a team sorely lacking that kind of play.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Was at the game, Was fun as hell. The new MSG is gorgeous, the seating is more comfortable, the views are fantastic, especially with those added mini-garden vision trons all over the arena. Some notes

Why in gods name was boyle centering the 1st line? Or at least thats what it seemed for a few shifts.Guy is a bum who has a few good games and goes back to garbage other than a few shot blocks. "Boyle sucks" chants were growing throughout the arena. After he assisted on doresett's goal there was a "you still suck" chant :laugh:

Speaking of dorsett, Right before he scored there was a trivia question about dorsett followed by a "beginnings" episode promo for him that's airing on tuesday, He scored on his next shift.

McDonaugh was a ****ing beast. Sick toe drag, Sick 1st goal.

Richards Snipe was a beauty aswell.

The D was a little sketchy but i didn't expect florida to lay down and die to begin with.

Alot of people were foaming at the mouth saying how does florida have these good posessions against us and that they're all terrible. I don't think alot of people realize half their roster was destroyed by injury since pretty much game 1. Not to mention the coaching change.

My undefeated streak against FLA continues :sarcasm:

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
i'd rather see

The ideal lineup would be:

Pouliot-Brassard-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

It'd be a 1a, 1b, 1c. Equal ice time for the top 3 lines and a deep group of forwards with 3 lines that can score.

Team looked alright tonight. Good to get the two points even though they didn't play a great game. Hard to be upset with 6 wins out of 7 though.

miller play instead of pouliot. i think the kid is ready, defensively responsible, and for benefit from the rebounds and creativeness of nash and brassard. but everything else you have listed i agree with. wow this team has pretty good depth. fast, mcilrath, allen (who is going to be a player) skijei. future looks bright for sure. i would love if they could swing a del zotto for zibinijad or simmonds type deal. only thing is wayne's salary won't work. a lot of people are due for raises this offseason and del zotto is gona be the odd man out. would love to get zibby and give us more young cheap depth.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Sam didn't even acknowledge it. Think it's time to seriously re-evaluate whether having a Civil War-era man doing the play-by-play is a good idea.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Sam didn't even acknowledge it. Think it's time to seriously re-evaluate whether having a Civil War-era man doing the play-by-play is a good idea.
Yeah, I don't want to have to watch him turn into Bob Cole.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Was at the game too. Good one to go to.

Didn't pick up on the Boyle chants though. The Thomas chants were started but also never really got going. Said this earlier but...The new Garden is QUIET! Not like it was. Maybe another wins or two will change that. The Lets go Rangers chants are non existent. Nobody really gets the hand held noise meter.

Everyone hates Del Zotto. Definately becoming more and more of a scapegoat.

Dancing Granny is back!

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

Didn't pick up on the Boyle chants though. The Thomas chants were started but also never really got going. Said this earlier but...The new Garden is QUIET! Not like it was. Maybe another wins or two will change that. The Lets go Rangers chants are non existent. Nobody really gets the hand held noise meter.

Dancing Granny is back!

Agreed on the noise meter thing, Such a dumb idea IMO.

The boyle chants were in the 220's as far as i could tell. There was one girl who kept screaming i still love you boyle. :laugh:

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
miller play instead of pouliot. i think the kid is ready, defensively responsible, and for benefit from the rebounds and creativeness of nash and brassard. but everything else you have listed i agree with. wow this team has pretty good depth. fast, mcilrath, allen (who is going to be a player) skijei. future looks bright for sure. i would love if they could swing a del zotto for zibinijad or simmonds type deal. only thing is wayne's salary won't work. a lot of people are due for raises this offseason and del zotto is gona be the odd man out. would love to get zibby and give us more young cheap depth.

Not sure if they'll be able to trade Pouliot, and the guy is a decent 3rd liner in spite of his frustrating inconsistency. Miller just happens to be the odd man out with Kreider playing as well as he has. Miller needs to go to Hartford and dominate down there, and be ready in case of injuries. I'm fine with him in NY now, but not when Nash is back.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013

Dancing Granny is back!

The bridges cut the arena in half, which totally kills the atmosphere. Wouldn't be surprised if we were in the bottom third for home ice wins moving forward.

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland

Guess Sam thought Kreider was being considerate helping him sit down.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
i hear ya but

Not sure if they'll be able to trade Pouliot, and the guy is a decent 3rd liner in spite of his frustrating inconsistency. Miller just happens to be the odd man out with Kreider playing as well as he has. Miller needs to go to Hartford and dominate down there, and be ready in case of injuries. I'm fine with him in NY now, but not when Nash is back.

i just hate the fact of putting nash and brassard with a guys the doesn't play with an edge. Pouliot is not horrible, but as big as nash is, he is not overly physical as everyone knows brassard for that matter either. i just think it would benefit those two so much more if they had a player who adds the sandpaper element, will go in the dirty areas etc. and miller, while defensively responsible will go in those areas and stand up for those two guys when they get run at a heck of a lot better then pouliot would. but i digress. i gues this is what you call one of those good problems.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I liked the hit. Plays like that obviously have bigger implications than just the one game. They draw the locker room tighter, gets guys playing harder for one another. We def needed more of that. Short-term, bad play for sure. But honestly, worst case, Fla scores, we head to OT and I still like our chances in OT/SO. But long-term those kinds of plays can do a lot for a team, especially for a team sorely lacking that kind of play.

I had no problem with Kreider's hit either for the same reasons.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Ehh, I don't really think he is that bad. He misses stuff but it doesn't really bug me. Giannone doing the PBP in place of Sam earlier this season was torture for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad