Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
D3D80AEC-55B8-431C-AA2C-F86DEB6D2299.jpeg

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
While I get that the hurricane is the focus here (for obvious reasons), it's still a little sad to see it being made into some massive devestating storm.

I mean, the Philippines are currently getting nailed by a Super Typhoon (the equivalent of a Category 5 hurricane) with 200 mph winds, and we've got reporters down here acting like they're going to be blown away in front of the camera (while bystanders walk by perfectly fine in the background).

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for those who did suffer some loss in Florence, but when Twitter/Facebook/the news is making a big deal out of power outages and downed trees, while an entire country is basically being evacuated, it grinds my gears.

So what are you like one of these "Global Citizens"? IDGAF about the Phillipines when we are getting our ass handed to us.

That being said, I have a hard time caring about Fayetteville being destroyed since I really despise that place.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Pretty sure my house got flooded last night in Wilmington. I don’t have confirmation yet but have heard of 100s of people rescued by Fire/EMS, national guard, and Cajun Navy in my and surrounding neighborhoods. Hopefully my Slavin jersey hanging in the closet is still dry.

Our house is not even in the 500 year flood plain. Just glad not to be there with a newborn.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The cape fear river near Fayetteville has a flood stage at 35 feet and they expect it to be at 62 feet on Tuesday. Unbelievable.
How is it that flood stage works though?

Flood stage - Wikipedia

I get the idea is that it's a pre-set number where flooding event will happen when reached?

edit: I'm apparently not getting it right.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I mean like what the hell is this ****?

"Flood stage is the level at which a body of water's surface has risen to a sufficient level to cause sufficient inundation of areas that are not normally covered by water, causing an inconvenience or a threat to life and/or property. "

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad