Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Ugh...when I got home from work I noticed the drywall next to my house’s chimney was crackly and a little warped. We had a leak fixed in our chimney a few years ago, but I guess the sheer amount of water that came down this weekend overcame whatever fix was done back then. $6-8 hundo to fix...yay.

The flashing around my chimney was messed up, then I got lucked with a hail storm and the new roof cleared that issue

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Ugh...when I got home from work I noticed the drywall next to my house’s chimney was crackly and a little warped. We had a leak fixed in our chimney a few years ago, but I guess the sheer amount of water that came down this weekend overcame whatever fix was done back then. $6-8 hundo to fix...yay.

I hope you get a different person to fix it this time.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Pretty sure my house got flooded last night in Wilmington. I don’t have confirmation yet but have heard of 100s of people rescued by Fire/EMS, national guard, and Cajun Navy in my and surrounding neighborhoods. Hopefully my Slavin jersey hanging in the closet is still dry.

Our house is not even in the 500 year flood plain. Just glad not to be there with a newborn.

Somebody was finally able to get to my house and check this afternoon. Water was in the garage but didn’t get quite high enough to make it in the house which is a miracle as we’re on a slab. Flooding has receded now and it doesn’t appear we have any significant damage other than some fence down. Unfortunately many neighbors didn’t fare so well...

f*** actual hurricanes. Go Canes!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad