Flint Firebirds 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
There you have it. A couple trades and we should be all set for our next season. As for AB, perhaps Flint was not willing to wait. It may be a case of you snooze you lose. A huge welcome to D’amato and family!

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015

I stand corrected. 5 players!

4 players from this year's draft class and 1 player from last years draft class. A couple of these players, although happy they have signed, are stretches to make the regular season roster, as has been stated.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Lots of players don't make the team as 16 yr olds. Doesn't necessarily mean you don't make a commitment to them for the future.

Reactions: TcNorth

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
There’s more than a few kids from the 2018, and more so the 2019 draft that I’d still have hopes of signing that could possibly make an impact. Without camps for the org to get a feel/look at these kids first hand in a camp setting, I’m pretty happy with what the org has done this offseason. If they chose to sign a kid, I have faith there’s some to a lot of potential in that kid. Their track record has earned that much from me.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
And no one wanted to play in Flint....

Seems to have some very nice things to say about becoming a part of the Firebird family.

I think the "noone wants to play in Flint" narrative was over blown by 1 or 2 posters with agendas. Flint (like Saginaw whom I'm a fan of) has a lot of positives to offer. Sure the schooling changes might be a bit of a pain for some canadian kids and for other, Michigan might as well be Mars in terms of families being able to visit, but they are both shaping into good programs.

To your second point though, has there recently been a player who didn't have a glowing quotable about being traded to a club? Would love to see that :laugh:.

Example
Media: How do you feel about being traded to Team A?
Recently acquired player: I didnt want to be traded but my last team didnt want me, I hate it here, the team is awful, someone get me outta here.

Wouldn't go over well :laugh:

General Pete

May 22, 2019
Clarkston, MI
I think the "noone wants to play in Flint" narrative was over blown by 1 or 2 posters with agendas. Flint (like Saginaw whom I'm a fan of) has a lot of positives to offer. Sure the schooling changes might be a bit of a pain for some canadian kids and for other, Michigan might as well be Mars in terms of families being able to visit, but they are both shaping into good programs.

To your second point though, has there recently been a player who didn't have a glowing quotable about being traded to a club? Would love to see that :laugh:.

Example
Media: How do you feel about being traded to Team A?
Recently acquired player: I didnt want to be traded but my last team didnt want me, I hate it here, the team is awful, someone get me outta here.

Wouldn't go over well :laugh:

Yeah but the players do not have to say good things about Flint and the organization. They could just keep in generic. I think its something to read into. Good on the Firebirds to dig themselves out of that hole and become a class organization in this league. I think we put it in the past and never talk abou tit again and just cherish our team now.

Reactions: MJ5 and bcspragu

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Ashley HomeStore Fantastic Five: Rookie goals – Ontario Hockey League

Oksentyuk’s lacrosse goal didn’t make the top 5? I remember Othmann and Kressler having a couple nice ones too but to not have at least one by Oksentyuk seems silly. As far as Terry goes, glad to see depth added on the back end. We knew we weren’t gonna see 3 OA D so it’s not really a surprise and I’m fine with any combination (pair) being kept.

Reactions: MJ5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad