Flint Firebirds 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Reactions: Toldyaso

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Rookies are only 2003 & 2002 born. And some 2002 aren't eligible if they played enough games (20?) last season already.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Perhaps because Oksentyuk was too old to be considered a "rookie"? If I recall, he wasn't eligible for any "all-rookie team" awards and such.
I'm thinking this is it. Although a league rookie not a 16 yr old rookie.That said I saw Kressler undress a dman and score a goal later in the season that would not have looked out of place in that group at all. probably just the numbers. could only pick 5 to showcase after all.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Probably the first of a few moves the Firebirds make. Welcome to Terry and family!

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Yea, They have had other posts with the recent signings how basically its a day turn around and they NDA this stuff to the guys. Pretty cool to see and helps understand how they can have the gear so fast after signing for promos on social media.

General Pete

May 22, 2019
Clarkston, MI
Yea, They have had other posts with the recent signings how basically its a day turn around and they NDA this stuff to the guys. Pretty cool to see and helps understand how they can have the gear so fast after signing for promos on social media.

Thats right, that makes sense now. Do all ohl teams do this or just our team?

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Honestly I do not know, mainly just follow Flint, but the little i have seen on social media, it could be possible. The picture just show the player in random street clothes signing at a kitchen table.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I see Evan Vierling made McKenzies top 93 players in this years draft, coming in at 90. Looks like a new start somewhere closer to home helped him out. Can't wait to see where Ohtmann falls when draft eligible. Any early predictions?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I see Evan Vierling made McKenzies top 93 players in this years draft, coming in at 90. Looks like a new start somewhere closer to home helped him out. Can't wait to see where Ohtmann falls when draft eligible. Any early predictions?

There's a mock out there now, not sure how accurate it may be, but it had him going last 1st round.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Any GM that takes him that high is, well....high.
He still has one more year before hes drafted to prove himself. Look at someone like Jack Quinn. Looked mediocre then this year (draft year) he goes off for 52 goals and a possible top 10 pick.

Who knows where Ohtmann goes as know one knows how his game or others will be affect by this long layoff. He could be a top 5 pick. Neverknow. Who thought Dellandrea was going to go as high as he did when drafted.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
He still has one more year before hes drafted to prove himself...
Vierling is NHL Draft eligible this summer.

EDIT-Nevermind...I see that we are talking about different players...I thought you were referencing Vierling.

Reactions: MJ5

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Any GM that takes him that high is, well....high.

As crazy as it sounds after Vierling got traded he put up numbers similar to players who are projected to go late 1st. On a bad Barrie team no less. I think he was over 1.2 ppg. I don't see a team using a 1st on him, but could see him go late 2nd and not question it.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
As crazy as it sounds after Vierling got traded he put up numbers similar to players who are projected to go late 1st. On a bad Barrie team no less. I think he was over 1.2 ppg. I don't see a team using a 1st on him, but could see him go late 2nd and not question it.
If the in-game on-ice stuff was all that mattered, he'd be probably be drafted pretty high.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
According to Import Draft List, Flint is picking only in 1st round. Does that mean that one of the Imports are not coming back, or both?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Was this meant to sound spiteful? Nothing wrong with a 16 year old kid deciding to stay home and keep his options open for the year - especially during a pandemic.
Nothing wrong with wanting kids who want to play in the OHL and play in Flint! I care mostly for players who elect to be Flint Firebirds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad