Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Good to see Durham do something today other then just take bad penalties.

I think I'd rather keep Phibbs over him at this point.
He could be producing more for sure but I’m gonna be harsher on the kid who’s tied with Durham in points but was drafted 5th overall into the O and 13th overall into the NHL. If I counted right, Ty has 4g, 3a and is -5 in his last 9 games. Take out his hat trick game in Sarnia and he has 1 goal and 4 points in 8 games? That’s dissapointing production from a 2C! He’s been lazy, he flys the zone before they’ve gained control, I don’t know how many times in the last month the puck has been turned over and stayed in the zone and Ty’s on the other side of the blue line. He overhandles the puck and gets stripped all the time. Doesn’t utilize his linemates and takes low percentage shots, often ringing off the glass so there’s not even a rebound opportunity. Wellwood is turning to Jack Phibbs and 16yo Braeden Kressler to kill penalties before Ty. His hockey IQ seems to have diminished....it just goes on. It wouldn’t be quite so frustrating but all that is completely the opposite of what Ty Dellandrea has been while in Flint. Now he’s even developed the obnoxious banging his stick on the ice when he wants the puck habit. Hey Ty! You’re 50th in scoring and have 4g in 9 games. Don’t tap your stick at the linemates you rarely feed! I don’t know what’s going on with him. If he’s angry he’s not in Dallas or his mind is on WJC or what. HC’s HC sees him all the time. He’s behind the bench in London. It seems like Ty would be trying to impress him. If I’m Hunter, I’d have to seriously be considering leaving him off the team right now. How many times this year have any of you watched the game and thought “Ty Dellandrea was the best Firebird (we won’t even include the other team) on the ice tonight.”? I can think of maybe two occasions. He’s usually not in the top 3-5 and that cannot happen if this team is to have any success in the spring of 2020.

Skipper

Jun 2, 2019
Savard18, I have read your frustration with Ty for a few posts now and I couldn't agree more! For a player who was selected 13 overall he sure isn't playing like one and his number reflect that.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Good to see Durham do something today other then just take bad penalties.

I think I'd rather keep Phibbs over him at this point.
I know you are frustrated, but with Vierling probably having played his last game in Flint, Dellandrea being in a funk or whatever is going on with him, you cannot lose Durham (our 4th leading scorer too). I know you half heatedly said that. We need more production from other forwards. Thank goodness for McCourt, but I would love to see Robert's, Keppen, Morgan, or Wismer being in the top 3 or 4 in scoring. Not sure our depth is ad good as we thought to this point.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Savard18, I have read your frustration with Ty for a few posts now and I couldn't agree more! For a player who was selected 13 overall he sure isn't playing like one and his number reflect that.
I’m mostly just frustrated because he can be so much better. He’s a shell of the 200ft player we’ve seen in the past. I just hope he returns from WJC and starts controlling shifts if not games. Too often his line just gets run over when matched against the oppositions top line. A pure sniper might solve that and have a trickle down effect throughout the lineup. If the spend big on one though and Ty and Jake don’t turn it around, they’re in trouble and it’ll be a big waste of assets. They’ve been getting production throughout the lineup, they just need the top forwards to start performing like top line players. A lot of issues from last year have vastly improved. Just a few more things to clean up if they want to have real post season success. Right now, mostly finishing and I wonder how much of the “almost a goal” or “almost a grade A scoring chance” can be attributed to the constant shuffling of linemates?

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Last year it was understandable shuffling lines but this year it should be more consistent.
I too am hoping Ty shows what he is capable of. Many games where if you asked me who Dellandrea was, I couldcou answer. He is unnoticeable.
I am hoping he makes WJ cause if he doesn't he will only get worse.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
What’s with the Team not selling Pucks? Son came for the Saginaw night before a Turkey Day game and wanted to buy some pucks like he does every season and there’s nothing. Back when the Generals were in town they used to sell a few every season. The hats they sell aren’t very good either other than the Draft Hat

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
What’s with the Team not selling Pucks? Son came for the Saginaw night before a Turkey Day game and wanted to buy some pucks like he does every season and there’s nothing. Back when the Generals were in town they used to sell a few every season. The hats they sell aren’t very good either other than the Draft Hat

I was in there Sunday a guy asked about pucks, and the girl behind the counter told them they were currently waiting for a shipment.

So might just be out right now.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Some arenas sell them for every team. I decided to get one for every arena I’ve been to. I need one for London and I’d just buy them at the DFCU when I got back if they were available.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I was in there Sunday a guy asked about pucks, and the girl behind the counter told them they were currently waiting for a shipment.

So might just be out right now.
I want a selection..not just Firebird game pucks

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I want a selection..not just Firebird game pucks

Well then I think you should contact the Firebirds merchandising team and address that with them. Posting it on a forum that they have nothing do with it isn't going to get you very far.

Reactions: Toldyaso

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
From what a previous poster said, it could be possible a shipment was delayed and never made it in time for the game/to sell. Sounds like there are other avenues to purchase the puck. I'm sure next time you go, they will have some. Sometimes basic economics happen... demand is greater than supply.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
From what a previous poster said, it could be possible a shipment was delayed and never made it in time for the game/to sell. Sounds like there are other avenues to purchase the puck. I'm sure next time you go, they will have some. Sometimes basic economics happen... demand is greater than supply.
Which is fine and dandy...just didn’t need the snarky ass comment

Reactions: TcNorth

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
From what i can see on the message board at the moment, there really wasn't anything snarky. If it was taken that way, the poster could have considered your initial comment about the pucks snarky as well.

Reactions: MJ5

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I’m mostly just frustrated because he can be so much better. He’s a shell of the 200ft player we’ve seen in the past. I just hope he returns from WJC and starts controlling shifts if not games. Too often his line just gets run over when matched against the oppositions top line. A pure sniper might solve that and have a trickle down effect throughout the lineup. If the spend big on one though and Ty and Jake don’t turn it around, they’re in trouble and it’ll be a big waste of assets. They’ve been getting production throughout the lineup, they just need the top forwards to start performing like top line players. A lot of issues from last year have vastly improved. Just a few more things to clean up if they want to have real post season success. Right now, mostly finishing and I wonder how much of the “almost a goal” or “almost a grade A scoring chance” can be attributed to the constant shuffling of linemates?
I agree the WJC sometimes acts as a spring board for a kid underperforming hopefully it holds true for Ty. Just not against the Knights in the playoffs......:naughty:

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Which is fine and dandy...just didn’t need the snarky ass comment
well I gave you a link to the store webpage because it has the phone number and extension for the store. I assumed you would see that and call them to ask about it then you just went off the rails. The store is busier every game this year than I have ever seen it in since it opened. It is not the least bit surprising that they would find themselves short on certain things since ordering is usually based on sales history. I'm sorry that your disappointed but it really isn't worth getting angry and we are certainly not the people you should be asking. The name calling was completely uncalled for as well. Looks like the Mods must have done something about that.

Reactions: MJ5

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Glad I am not involved, but already seeing some of the squad trying to smooth things over.

Skipper

Jun 2, 2019
Has anyone heard if Vierling made the trip with the team or is he still back home?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Division 1A starts tournament on 9th, guessing we won’t see Koly & OK the one time firebirds visit Sudbury.

Fntfirebirdfan

Dec 16, 2018
Division 1A starts tournament on 9th, guessing we won’t see Koly & OK the one time firebirds visit Sudbury.
No they won't be at any of the games this weekend. Oksentyuk posted a video on Instagram Monday of them at the airport heading to Belarus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad