Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Refs were bad....the defense was bad...and the team had a hard time connecting passes...worst game I’ve seen in a long time....and I think we maybe without Keppen for a bit
Keppen and Oksentyuk will both be suspended 2 games minimum for the match penalities.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Palace of Auburn Hills donates thousands of seats to Southeast Michigan venues

The Palace of Auburn Hills is donating 3,000 padded seats to the Dort Event Center. :thumbu:
Oh...that's awesome. The plastic seats in the higher rows are cold, and the current padded ones in the first few rows just suck (although those will probably remain in use because they are removable).

Kind of bummed to see that McMorran in Port Huron is also getting them, though. I think the wooden slatted seats there are cool.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
As for the seats, this means we would have 3,000 black seats and 960 seats red, blue, or yellow. Do you suspect Nilsen will buy another 960 black cushioned seats?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
As for the seats, this means we would have 3,000 black seats and 960 seats red, blue, or yellow. Do you suspect Nilsen will buy another 960 black cushioned seats?

As someone else stated they probably won't be replacing the seats below the railing. Since they are removable. Just the seats above it.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
No Keppen, Oksentyuk, Vierling, Gretz, Holmes..... Dellandrea and Durham playing like fairly decent OHL 2ND liners, Wellwood juggling lines and goalies.... I don’t have a lot of hope for this weekend or the following few games. With the West so tight, they could literally be out of a playoff position by mid-Dec. I gotta believe they miss Oksentyuk and Kolyachonok for WJC II and then after they return Ty will almost certainly be leaving for WJC. Right after he returns it’ll be the trade deadline.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
As someone else stated they probably won't be replacing the seats below the railing. Since they are removable. Just the seats above it.
They could go all below the railing though too right? Or all below and all the way to the top in gold?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
No Keppen, Oksentyuk, Vierling, Gretz, Holmes..... Dellandrea and Durham playing like fairly decent OHL 2ND liners, Wellwood juggling lines and goalies.... I don’t have a lot of hope for this weekend or the following few games. With the West so tight, they could literally be out of a playoff position by mid-Dec. I gotta believe they miss Oksentyuk and Kolyachonok for WJC II and then after they return Ty will almost certainly be leaving for WJC. Right after he returns it’ll be the trade deadline.

The Vierling matter may complicate things a bit. The likely cure-all imo was an OA like Josling or Lodinia; now, it may be Vierling and 4-6 picks for a star player and OA. I have no doubt it will all get worked out by the deadline; but as you suggest, some valuable ground in the standings may be lost during that time.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Don't they usually put the match penalty suspensions on the media notes? Neither are there yet. Could they be appealing?

7Wacked

Nov 30, 2019
Knights fan here. Heading to Flint for teddy bear toss tonight. Will the game sell out? Should call ahead? Also any suggestions for a good pregame meal? Burger / beer?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Knights fan here. Heading to Flint for teddy bear toss tonight. Will the game sell out? Should call ahead? Also any suggestions for a good pregame meal? Burger / beer?

Soggy Bottom downtown Flint. I also high HIGHLY recommend the Southern Hot Chicken sandwich here, especially if you like spicy stuff. All the burgers are fantastic tho as well.
Red Baron in Burton, also great food & burgers, huge beer selection.

There will be a big walk up crowd, but it looks like there are a lot of seats available right now. I might run by the arena first and pick up your tickets before you head for a burger & beer depending on what time you are getting into town.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
No. Plenty of tickets. Have a good time while in town. Blackstone's Downtown is another good choice. Soggy Bottoms is also the home base for our USL League 2 Flint Cty Bucks National Champion soccer team and their fan club.

Last edited:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Thanks for the suggestions, Red Baron was a great choice. Good burger and great selection of local beers.
The game wasn't to bad either.

Red Baron was in on the craft beer craze before everyone else around here,have had 50+ taps for years. Good groups of guys who run the place and are very in tune with their selections. They get a lot of rare releases as well.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Good to see Durham do something today other then just take bad penalties.

I think I'd rather keep Phibbs over him at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->