Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Yeah, I’m a bit curious to see what the ripple effect from the acquisition of a top flight winger would be. A LW would be easier to fit into the lineup though and I would prefer it be a 18 or 19yo if possible so Phibbs doesn’t just get released. I know you want your OA’s producing more but he’s done everything he can to earn his spot. We’re 1/3 of the way into the season and Dellandrea certainly isn’t driving the offense. Or the defense either. Oksentyuk is gapping him in production and he’s even with Durham and McCourt in points.

It’s not easy to toss aside a loyal, fine example for younger players like Phibbs. But, the only glaring hole that I see in the firebirds is a high scoring RW. For a few picks, OA RW like Lodinia coming in as the teams top point producer is the way to go, imo.
LW Oksentyuk, Keppen, Vierling, Othman, Holmes; and C Dellandrea, Roberts, Vierling, Morgan, Kressler is good and better with a player like Lodinia.

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Anyone have an idea on Vierling? Out for a few weeks, then back for a few games then missing again last week end. I would hate to play the rest of the season short handed. But with Gretz out with the wrist/hand and now Vierling we are now a man down. Do they call up Giroux for the holidays?

Also, I am assuming that Bangs is done for the year due to concussions or is there a possibility of a return? I would guess that a retirement would be the only way to get him off the roster similar to the player from Erie.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I wish Hunter Holmes the best. Hopefully, a change of scenario will get him pointed in the right direction. Still strange we know nothing about Vierling.

Reactions: dirty12

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Anyone have an idea on Vierling? Out for a few weeks, then back for a few games then missing again last week end. I would hate to play the rest of the season short handed. But with Gretz out with the wrist/hand and now Vierling we are now a man down. Do they call up Giroux for the holidays?

Also, I am assuming that Bangs is done for the year due to concussions or is there a possibility of a return? I would guess that a retirement would be the only way to get him off the roster similar to the player from Erie.

Bangs is done.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

They actually announced it. I'm amazed.

I’m amazed not one OHL team would give him a shot at no cost. In addition to being a weaker league, QMHL teams must be more willing to make these kids promises for showing up.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I’m amazed not one OHL team would give him a shot at no cost. In addition to being a weaker league, QMHL teams must be more willing to make these kids promises for showing up.
Possibly figured it wasn’t worth paying the education package and taking time away from a younger player. Watching him this year it wasn’t just a lack of effort, he even stopped looking like a kid who was capable of playing Major Junior. It was bad and he even got a bit of time on the top line.

domi55us

Nov 20, 2017
All the best to Holmes. Anyone here anything on Vierling?
I’ve heard that he is back home....someone said he is homesick ‍♂️ I would bet money he will be traded before the deadline. We could sure use his talent but not if he is going to continue to miss games.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I’ve heard that he is back home....someone said he is homesick ‍♂️ I would bet money he will be traded before the deadline. We could sure use his talent but not if he is going to continue to miss games.

Maybe a trade closer to home.

Reactions: domi55us

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Very random but where did your 2nd first round pick go in 2016 ohl draft? Weren’t you supposed to have one as per usual and then a comp pick from Ryan mcleod? I only see Ty Del being chosen. Thanks in advance.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Very random but where did your 2nd first round pick go in 2016 ohl draft? Weren’t you supposed to have one as per usual and then a comp pick from Ryan mcleod? I only see Ty Del being chosen. Thanks in advance.
The league took it away as part of Nilsons punishment.

Reactions: Uncle

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
A LW would be easier to fit into the lineup though and I would prefer it be a 18 or 19yo if possible so Phibbs doesn’t just get released.

Savard I know through your posts you “get it” but this is the part I don’t like about the OHL “Load-up” at the trade deadline. Flint has built a really solid team however these “**itty” moves have to be made if you want to take it to the next level. If you don’t you risk other teams blowing past you come playoff time. Sadly the saying “it’s not personal” has to apply here. To bad a solid citizen should have earned his place but it’s all about performance and outcomes at this level. Good Luck I really think Flint is poised to do some damage come playoff time!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

Noel for Vierling would make a ton of sense if he wants to go closer to home

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I've never seen 4 guys so incapable of doing their job.

That was an absolute shit show.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Noel for Vierling would make a ton of sense if he wants to go closer to home

Idk, Petes or wolves might be a better fit. It seems too often Noel sort of needs a goat to make him want to feed. Lodinia is the guy, I think. He seems extra motivated this season and less expensive as an OA.

Flint Hockey fan

Nov 15, 2018
I've never seen 4 guys so incapable of doing their job.

That was an absolute **** show.

I've been a Flint fan for going on 40 years, rarely lay a ton of blame on the refs, but tonight was at another level. So 91 gets slammed for " making a motion" of kicking? Pretty subjective to me. Then another match for Spearing? they were seriously frustrated by the crap the refs let go the other way. Never a break from these guys!

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I've been a Flint fan for going on 40 years, rarely lay a ton of blame on the refs, but tonight was at another level. So 91 gets slammed for " making a motion" of kicking? Pretty subjective to me. Then another match for Spearing? they were seriously frustrated by the crap the refs let go the other way. Never a break from these guys!

Koly took a high stick to the face in the first period near the Saginaw blue line right in front of Biggers, he didn't flinch. He looked right at Biggers with blood on his face. Notta.

They had no control all night long.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Idk, Petes or wolves might be a better fit. It seems too often Noel sort of needs a goat to make him want to feed. Lodinia is the guy, I think. He seems extra motivated this season and less expensive as an OA.

he’s been dealing with, and playing through, a lower body injury he sustained in the Florida training camp and is still around a point per game despite being on the Gens 3rd line most of the year. He’s elite. Imagining him on a line with any of Dellandrea, Byfield or Robertson is very scary

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Refs were bad....the defense was bad...and the team had a hard time connecting passes...worst game I’ve seen in a long time....and I think we maybe without Keppen for a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad