Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Come on Savard, do you think that the only people who frequent the Flint forum are only the season tickets holders? Just because YOU are aware whats going on doesn't mean that everybody else who visits here does. Thanks.
How could they not? You beat the hell out of it

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
I will always cheer for any of these young men that get a nhl contract. I have been saying that he is playing his way right into an elc and fully expected him to get it if not now then this summer. Good times all around. Now let's send him off with a bunch of playoff wins under his belt.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Whats the OA situation next year. If Tucker is returned back to Flint, is it possible we send him to recoup some picks or do we hold onto him?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It is highly unlikely that Tucker is returned. Highly Unlikely.

However, for posterity, here is my take on your OA situation next season.

2000 Born players:
Dellandrea, Ty - drafted by Dallas 2018 1st & signed
Tucker, Tyler - drafted by St. Louis 2018 7th & signed
Busby, Dennis - drafted by Arizona 2018 5th
Lalonde, Owen -
Roberts, Connor -
Wismer, Jack -
McCourt, Riley -
Bangs, Ryan -
Yule, Quinn -
Morrison, Evan -

2 guys signed that are very likely not returning, and 8 guys that *could* return. I believe that you are in the first year of a two year window, so if next year is another go for it year, you would definitely keep Tucker if he was to be returned. There may be one or two guys here that you can trade in the off season to recoup a few picks, but probably not much if you are keeping your 3 best OAs for another run.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
It is highly unlikely that Tucker is returned. Highly Unlikely.

However, for posterity, here is my take on your OA situation next season.

2000 Born players:
Dellandrea, Ty - drafted by Dallas 2018 1st & signed
Tucker, Tyler - drafted by St. Louis 2018 7th & signed
Busby, Dennis - drafted by Arizona 2018 5th
Lalonde, Owen -
Roberts, Connor -
Wismer, Jack -
McCourt, Riley -
Bangs, Ryan -
Yule, Quinn -
Morrison, Evan -

2 guys signed that are very likely not returning, and 8 guys that *could* return. I believe that you are in the first year of a two year window, so if next year is another go for it year, you would definitely keep Tucker if he was to be returned. There may be one or two guys here that you can trade in the off season to recoup a few picks, but probably not much if you are keeping your 3 best OAs for another run.
Don’t see Bangs and possibly Morrison back

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Keep Lalonde and McCourt...third is a toss up for me
I’m not completely confident that McCourt hasn’t played his way into a pro contract this year but let’s go with it. Dellandrea gone. Tucker gone, maybe a 5% chance he is returned, haven’t looked at the Blues depth/contracts situation. If they’re going for it again and he’s returned, you keep him. So...I go with McCourt and I’d lean towards Busby over Lalonde just a little, tiny bit because of his seniority in Flint but if he’s moved and Lalonde is kept, I’m completely fine with it. I’m a big fan of all 4 19yo D. I WOULD keep Wismer over Roberts. Jack has had a monster 2nd half and seems to produce big time goals when they need them but.....Flint is stronger on the wings going into next year. With Dellandrea and Phibbs moving on, it might be wisest to keep Connor around as a Center as much as I’d hate to see Wismer go. Once again, no issue with keeping Roberts around. I think he’ll have a solid OA season next year. I think HockeyPops is about right on the money though.

Reactions: Toldyaso

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Well....you know how much they paid right? He was a touch pricey. He’d fit good up there next year though huh?
Well, he's not quite a year younger version of Jacob Paquette (2,3,3,5) or Markus Phillips (2,3,4). I am assuming the conditional 2nd and 5th you paid was for his OA year. I suspect something like (2,4) or (2,5) would be the going rate or do you think I am way off?

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Either way i'm sure the team may dip a touch, but also don't know what young guys will step up and play above their age and experience. I'm just here for the ride, whether its the ups or downs. Learn to enjoy it and not be so negative, before its too late and you can't enjoy it.

Would love to see them win this year or atleast make this year a stepping stone where they have a good 2-3 year run. Before Wellwood moves on to the AHL/NHL. Or if the premonition is true, and ROlf sells the team for a profit or breaks even and they get moved down the road to another city for a few years. Just enjoy the game while you can and you have it.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Well, he's not quite a year younger version of Jacob Paquette (2,3,3,5) or Markus Phillips (2,3,4). I am assuming the conditional 2nd and 5th you paid was for his OA year. I suspect something like (2,4) or (2,5) would be the going rate or do you think I am way off?
Probably not. I’d assume that’s in the ballpark, hopefully the lower end of the ballpark though. I think the Phillips deal was cheap, just due to the fact it was so last minute. If Owen were to win another Championship this year, or even visit the Finals again, it might add a little cost maybe? I know that the way the trade looks on paper, the OA season is a 2nd and a 5th but realistically I don’t think the split is that black and white. 2 2nds AND a really good 17yo D for just this year and all? But yeah I think when it comes down to it a 2nd and a 4th or 3rd maybe with the hope of getting 2 2nds would probably be where they’re at. If the then Flint GM (Barclay?) decides to try and go for it again next year though, I don’t think it likely he’ll be shipped to the Soo. Depending on results and attendance next year, I’m slightly leaning towards the hope of a trade deadline sell off similar to Guelph maybe. A Kolyachonok, Keppen, Morgan, + some OA’s sale would set them up well for a quick rebuild.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Not sure the price would climb up to two 2nds but I might be wrong. The way I see it, that's the price you pay for guys like Corcoran or Chisholm if they are back.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Chisholm is equal to Tucker, imo. Corcoran if returned almost certainly stays in Windsor. I think 2, 3, 3, 5 for a full season of Lalonde; though I guess that being from Windsor, he stays in Flint.

Oksentyuk-Morgan-Wismer is next year’s top line right? Wismer is the one OA that I would bet on that Flint keeps.
Possible LD for next season are; Koly, McCourt, Gretz, Deline, Dunbar, Roy, (Power). Keeping McCourt (4 OAs) beyond the first month of the season is hard to justify?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
IMO
1). If Dellandrea and Tucker are gone, you need to keep the points of Wismer and McCourt. A forward and defenseman imo.

2). After that, a toss-up between keeping Lalonde and Roberts.

3). However, I am not completely sure that Tucker is gone and I have never felt that Wismer is 100% comfortable in Flint, but I hope both are back.

4). If you can do it, I really like HockeyPops idea of keeping Busby, Lalonde, Roberts, Wismer and McCourt the first month, then keeping 3 and dealing 2.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Welcome to the boards Rex. Hope you enjoy the Flint crowd. Dont let all the fun conversations, misinformation, and hockey talk send you away. We are all a fun loving bunch that enjoy some good conversation.

Reactions: RexHamer

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Unless a spectacular offer is on the table, it’s keep 2 D and 1 forward. Tucker graduates, and you move 2 of McCourt, Busby and Lalonde, who are your D next year? This is a club currently built around a high end Dcore. I don’t see them completely moving away from that. Same up front, Dellandrea graduates, (anybody who doesn’t think THAT is happening is completely clueless with zero common sense), Phibbs graduates, and if you trade Connor Roberts you’re left with Morgan and Kressler as your centers. Jack Wismer is one of my favorite Firebirds, but as of RIGHT NOW, it’s wisest to look for options to move him.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Good point jprenjert. We haven't always agreed (mostly we have), but I like your input. Welcome Rex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad