Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Decent a couple hours before game time.

It was pretty sad looking last night when I checked. Hopefully they have a good walk up crowd.
SmartSelect_20200307-163717_Ticketmaster.jpg

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Series with Windsor is going to be a fun time.

Boka is a cry baby.

Glad Kressler woke everyone up, that place was like a funeral home in the first period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toldyaso

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
What a fantastic see-saw game. Both teams deserved points in this one before another great crowd at The Dort.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
You ain't lying there.

That crew had no idea what was going on. Just making reaction calls.

The call on Koly was just awful, he was going to play the puck and Purboo just turned into him.
The back ref had his hand up after Koly hit Douglas too but apparently they discussed how they’d already reached their ridiculous calls limit. There were a couple that were borderline call/non-call but after you’ve already made 4-5 horrible ones, they all seem ridiculous. Yeah, that was the worst I’ve seen this year. It got the crowd into though and made it one hell of a night. Tucker, Koly, Busby, McCourt, Gretz and Lalonde started looking like themselves again in the 2nd after taking 7 periods in a row off. Big time goals from Kressler and Spitfire killer Cody Morgan were nice. Foudy and Cuylle look like they have regained their chemistry but if that’s the best Windsor has vs a Dellandrea, Keppen and Cavallin free Firebirds, I’m not too worried. Their road to home ice just got a lot tougher. Popovich was really, really good but you know all the pucks he’s seeing in games and practice is getting tiring. They really need Cav back to spell him and be ready just in case before the playoffs start.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Only reason they came out of the 1st period only 1 goal down was Poppy. Could have been a lot worse if not for him. To there credit though the guys picked their game way up later. Third period was their best in awhile.

Reactions: Toldyaso

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Down 3 points to the Spirits, they have a game in hand. 1 head to head.

Down 1 point to the Rangers for the #3 spot, they have a game in hand as well, we have 1 more head to head with them.

That 3 spot might be a little more realistic then the #2.

Flint remaining
@ SOO
@ London
Erie
Saginaw
@ Kitchener
@ Erie

Kitchener
@ Windsor
@ Guelph
Soo
Peterborough
@ Sarnia
Flint
@ Erie

Could use a Windsor win today to keep it tight.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Well Kitchen beat Windsor today. Helps us as far as holding 4th. Erases the game in hand they had. Leaves us 6 pts up even in games played.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I think it’s possible but now highly unlikely the West finishes any other way than...
1 London
2 Saginaw
3 Kitchener
4 Flint
5 Windsor
6 Guelph
7 Owen Sound?
8 Erie?
9 Sault
10 Sarnia

I think I’m as comfortable with them facing Windsor as Guelph. I don’t see any 1st round upsets but would think Guelph over Kitchener slightly possible and Windsor over Flint slightly possible.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think it’s possible but now highly unlikely the West finishes any other way than...
1 London
2 Saginaw
3 Kitchener
4 Flint
5 Windsor
6 Guelph
7 Owen Sound?
8 Erie?
9 Sault
10 Sarnia

I think I’m as comfortable with them facing Windsor as Guelph. I don’t see any 1st round upsets but would think Guelph over Kitchener slightly possible and Windsor over Flint slightly possible.
Strange take in my mind putting question marks on OS and Erie. OS is 5 points up on Erie with 2 games in hand. I would think Owen Sound catching Guelph, or Guelph catching Windsor, or Soo catching Erie, would be more likely. Obviously still biggest chance it finishes as it stands today.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Strange take in my mind putting question marks on OS and Erie. OS is 5 points up on Erie with 2 games in hand. I would think Owen Sound catching Guelph, or Guelph catching Windsor, or Soo catching Erie, would be more likely. Obviously still biggest chance it finishes as it stands today.
Ok. I’ll give ya that. Been a few days since I looked at OS/Erie/Soo. I was gonna add the Soo because I could still see them catching Erie. Guelph pulling up on Windsor too but that seems less likely to me.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Glad to see them both back. Eric has been awesome and this has probably been Barclay’s best job in his OHL career, even though at the time, I did not agree with some of his moves.

Last edited:

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
"The next game at the Soo won't be easy either, especially with the Greyhounds still having a chance for the eighth and final playoff spot, being only 3 points behind. Expect the Soo to give a battle against the Firebirds even though the Soo has not done well with Flint in the season series."

1 - NICK MALIK
2 - JOE CARROLL
3 - TYLER TUCKER

DECISION......2 Points to the Soo.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
NBA Suspended its season.
College basketball tournaments are being played with no fans.
NHL says they aren't suspending just yet, but its gotta be just a matter of time.
I wonder if the OHL waits for the NHL to suspend before it does something.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Glad to see them both back. Eric has been awesome and this has probably been Barclay’s best job in his OHL career, even though at the time, I did not agree with some of his moves.

Positive news indeed Wellwood has really come together nicely as a coach. The game result not so positive though. Oh well they had to cool eventually it was frickin crazy for a while.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I'm sure some how this is all Rolf's fault.

So what's everyone going to do the next few weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad