Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
well It's a bit early but I suppose I could pull the boat out of storage and do some early early spring walleye fishing on Saginaw bay. Not really my favorite thing to do this time of year though.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Told y’all next year was the year to go for it. Even if they reboot with a shortened playoff schedule, there will always be a huge asterisk next to the Champion.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Told y’all next year was the year to go for it. Even if they reboot with a shortened playoff schedule, there will always be a huge asterisk next to the Champion.

next season is a go for it season, imo. OAs will be better than this season’s OAs. Kolyachonok & Oksentyuk 19, seven high picked 19 yr olds altogether to start

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
What will some of you do without games to post about? What will I do with 3 weeks off school? Rest easy, I will not post more. Let's hope fans, staff, players, and all, stay safe during this crisis.

Last edited:

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Legitimate question....IF the OHL decides to resume the season, will players that crossed national borders to go home during the stoppage have to serve quarantine periods before being allowed to rejoin their teams and travel/compete???

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Legitimate question....IF the OHL decides to resume the season, will players that crossed national borders to go home during the stoppage have to serve quarantine periods before being allowed to rejoin their teams and travel/compete???

IF they resume, I would have to assume that condiions have improved to the point that quarantines would no longer be required.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
IF they resume, I would have to assume that condiions have improved to the point that quarantines would no longer be required.

Agreed.

I think the CDC would lift the recommendation that gatherings of over 100/500 people for hockey to continue.

Also think that's why some of the import players are staying here, they might be subject to the quarantines if their country is still having issues.

Reactions: OHL4Life

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

I crossed into the United States and back to Canada today with no mention of a quarantine.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I was thinking more about Import players from countries that have a ocean between us.

Depending on where they might be coming from, yeah I think that could be an issue.

If you have a kid coming back from a country with a high rate of Covid 19, then they might be in quarantine. But like its been mentioned, it sounds like at least some of the kids have decided to stay with their billets.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Sad to think, but soon i think these will all be off season threads.

Think so as well, I can see how pro leagues will come back, time permitting of course, but not so much for junior hockey. OHA has flat cancelled all their league seasons.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Think so as well, I can see how pro leagues will come back, time permitting of course, but not so much for junior hockey. OHA has flat cancelled all their league seasons.
East Coast Hockey league has canceled as well

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I still can’t believe the London Knights were so scared to face Flint in the playoffs that they’d engineer a pandemic to avoid them. Just another case of the Hunters pulling strings and using their connections to achieve what they want.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
If the season is over, Flint would have the following picks, or close to it, through the 5th round:

—-16th overall pick (1st round pick).....Flint’s own
—-27th overall pick. (2nd round pick).....from The Soo
—-51st overall pick. (3rd round pick)......from Guelph
—-76th overall pick. (4th round pick).....Flint’s own
—-96th overall pick. (5th round pick).....Flint’s own
—-97th overall pick. (5th round pick).....from Kitchener

Last edited:

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
OHL has officially cancelled the season. Great great job by the players and staff this season.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Out of all this Pandemic and the impact on the OHL I probably feel the worst for your team and your fans. Been a bit of a gong show in Flint and once all those years of struggle are going to finally payoff with a real decent playoff team it gets blown up!

Actually it kind of makes sense as the early years of the OHL in Flint were all about having the worst case scenario happen so this is somewhat following along recent club history. Next season still looks decent for the you all doesn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad