Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
So you guys scored 12 goals the other night? I have a feeling that you'll top that tonight.
I'll say: Flint 14 Niagara 1.
:popcorn:

Game has trap written all over it.

12 game losing streak, 13 game winning streak, for some reason we called up a 3rd string goalie, win the first 2 of the weekend chance to possibly jump Kitchener Saturday night. Last time we reached the top 10 we lost 2 in a row I think.

I think it's going to be much closer then the steaks indicate. Really hope I'm wrong, but I think this might be tight for 2 periods.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Game has trap written all over it.

12 game losing streak, 13 game winning streak, for some reason we called up a 3rd string goalie, win the first 2 of the weekend chance to possibly jump Kitchener Saturday night. Last time we reached the top 10 we lost 2 in a row I think.

I think it's going to be much closer then the steaks indicate. Really hope I'm wrong, but I think this might be tight for 2 periods.

Exactly what I was thinking. Keep the foot on the gas boys. Do not think you can coast against any team from here on out.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Durham (a LOT), McCourt (a little) and Dellandrea have been quiet for the last few/more than a few games. Might see that change tonight and I wouldn’t be shocked to see Morrison in the ice or bench either.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Durham (a LOT), McCourt (a little) and Dellandrea have been quiet for the last few/more than a few games. Might see that change tonight and I wouldn’t be shocked to see Morrison in the ice or bench either.

Why wouldn't you be surprised?

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
It's flu season wouldn't surprise me if someone has a bug. I haven't heard anything but it happens around this time every year.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Why wouldn't you be surprised?
Oh, just to give him a look and reps now vs two theoretically easier teams (Missy is doing ok) just in case Poppy or Cav have issues heading into or during the playoffs. I can’t think of another reason to call him up unless one of those two ARE actually hurt or sick. Which is possible seeing how everybody on this half of the continent seems to have something right now.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Awesome run the Birds are on, but have to keep going. The West lead is within reach dispite what the nay sayers think. GO BIRDS!!!!

Reactions: Toldyaso

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Anyone here anything about Osentyuk. Heard he may have suffered an eye injury last nite. If so not liking injury bug hitting again,

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Anyone here anything about Osentyuk. Heard he may have suffered an eye injury last nite. If so not liking injury bug hitting again,
They suggested that on the broadcast last night and they replay made it look like it could have been. He certainly made it look dramatic leaving the ice and it didn’t look good but....he’s made stuff look dramatic before and been fine shortly after so for everybody’s sake, let’s hope that’s the case. With Keppen out, Oksentyuk maybe?, Morrison up I think Missy is the trap game. I wasn’t too worried about Niagara but I wouldn’t look past Mississauga. McCourt got going last night but Ty is in a bit of a tiny, short lull and Durham is in a drought again. Outside of the 12 goal outburst against Sarnia where he had 1g 2a, Jake has 0g 1a in his last 10.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Well just pulled up the game on OHL live and he took the high stick at around the 13 minute mark in the 3rd and he took a shift on that powerplay and took regular shifts the rest of the game so I'm gonna say he's OK.

Reactions: Gensdef
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad