Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Well Karen all I will say about Savage is when I gave him a heads up about an error in one of his articles he was a Jack donkey in his reply. This was a private email so it isn't like I was trying to embarrass or publicly call him out. The correct reply should have been thanks for the heads up but no he had to go on a rant and berate me for pointing out his mistake. Apparently according to him his "30 years" of reporting somehow makes it ok for him to post errors in his stories like wrong scores and scoring impossibilities. You would think after 30 years of reporting on sports he would read what he writes. When your being paid you should at least try and do your job well.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
In my years dealing with Brendan (mostly the 90's) I never had a problem with him. When the Journal was still producing papers daily, no one had better hockey coverage. Obviously things have changed and when the Journal is produced now, it is lighter in articles, and news seems to be a day or two old.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
After half a game, looks like the law of hustle is more important than the law of averages.
You have a good team there.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
That Tyler Tucker trade is working out ok. How many records were set today? 12 goals? 7pts by a D? +8? There’s gotta be at least a few.
Looks like 5 team records today. Othmann most point in a rookie season. 9 consecutive road wins 13 consecutive wins plus the 2 you mentioned.

Got a call out for this from Dom on the radio today :naughty: Bandwidth stress testing my network ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Savard18

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

For those wondering about records.

I gotta believe 5 assists by a D breaks or ties a record. What D had 6 in a game? +8 in a game too. Nobody has ever went +9. There were also 9 different goal scorers today I think. Too bad we don’t have the depth of Saginaw or Windsor. I know who’s completely obliterating the season and career records for ignorant, ill-informed and incorrect posts. Unfortunately London beat Ottawa and Kitchener managed to have a big comeback W against Hamilton. So no ground gained there.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Ha ha Savage must have posted today's story from the White Horse. He reported on TRAVIS Tucker's 7 point +8 day. what a dork.

Last edited:
Reactions: jprenkert and MJ5

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Ha ha Savage must have posted today's story from the White Horse. He reported on TRAVIS Tucker's 7 point +8 day. what a dork.
Ridiculous. At least now that they’ve won 13 straight he’s trying to copy and paste Hennig’s stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
well copy paste is what got him in trouble last week. he copy pasted the game from the night before and forgot to change the final scores. kind of stuck out when he reported they won by a score of 5-3 in overtime. :rolleyes:

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Ok i will get us back on hockey. Who is your surprise player this year. Who is doing a lot better than you thought they would. Many wont agree with me, but mine is Jack Phibbs. Have always liked him, but he way exceeded my expectations for this season.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Ok i will get us back on hockey. Who is your surprise player this year. Who is doing a lot better than you thought they would. Many wont agree with me, but mine is Jack Phibbs. Have always liked him, but he way exceeded my expectations for this season.
Im a big fan of Jack Phibbs and think he is the swiss army knife of this team. Jack does anything he's asked to. I have to wonder if maybe we are only seing this now because he has been able to play as a forward this year. Last year he did a commendable job helping to shore up the d for most of the year. if you watch him even though he doesn't have an A this year he is the last guy off the ice most of the time when they head to the locker room.

Reactions: Gensdef

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Jack Phibbs for sure. Guys who I expected a bit from that get HM for exceeding even those expectations are Wismer, Piercey, McCourt, Oksentyuk, and Kressler. No one has disappointed but those guys are up there. I wasn’t quite expecting McCourt to be looking at 70+ points or to be seeing Kressler used as an integral part of the PK.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Look at Geno! #1 one in Fishers overagers draft list.

26) Gunnarwolfe Fontaine (F, USA, Chicago USHL) ...........Gunnarwolfe? What a name!

Others with a Flint connection

1) Evgeniy Oksentyuk (RW/LC, Belarus, Flint OHL) As Toldyaso said!

54) Zach Uens (LD, Canada, Merrimack College NCAA) - Drafted 2017, 4 #76 overall by Flint Firebirds in the OHL Priority Selection

83) Riley McCourt (LD, Canada, Flint OHL)

197) Eric Uba (RW, Canada, Guelph OHL)

Listed as mentions.
Kaleb Pearson (RW, Canada, Owen Sound OHL)
Connor Roberts (RC, Canada, Flint OHL)
Owen Lalonde (RD, Canada, Flint OHL)

Probably missed a name or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad