Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
They’re in a 15 game win streak. I couldn’t give a F less what happened last year or the year before. How do you think they landed all those draft picks and Brennan Othmann and Braeden Kressler? What? Are you worried Rolf is gonna bring back a 22yo Hakon to play in the O? He was one of 20+ players that were here during the streak. Dellandrea, Busby, Keppen etc have only brought the club 1 playoff win too. I’m focused on now and the rest of this season. Be thankful you’re not watching Derian Hatcher owned Sarnia or the end of Sudbury’s 4 year rebuild.

Do you think that this winning streak is going to go on forever? If you couldn't give a F less what happened last year or the year before then why in the heck did you spend the time and money on this team during that time? Give that time and money to your kids, they should be more important to you then supporting a suspended billionaire. Your kids are growing up fast and the time you take away from being away from them will be something that you will regret. I know of parents who did not take that time with their kids and now they find their kids on the other side of the world with their careers and family.

Do you think that Rolf drafted all those picks? He was banned and not even allowed to operate the hockey club. The only thing that he has done during his suspension is to "foot the bill." The trio of Dellandrea, Busby and Keppen are not playing for their father who owns the team and is suspended for violating OHL rules. That trio also are all NHL draftees, Hakon Nilsen was no where near the talent of that trio. Derian Hatcher has been around a lot longer then Nilsen and was never suspended for five years. Every team goes thru ups and downs including Sudbury, but how many of those teams have been taken over by the OHL for 5 years.

Lastly, what is the matter with Flint hockey fans? Let's hope there is a brisk walk up for tonight's game. Thursday night Niagara had a 12 game losing streak, but still over 4600 showed up for the game. Flint is making worldwide hockey news with their 15 game streak and tonight's game could very well not be a sellout...... https://www1.ticketmaster.com/flint-firebirds-vs-kitchener-rangers/event/080056D4BCB43EA3

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Why was Hakon here for four years? Your smart enough Savard to know what was going on. All those trades that Flint made during the time Hakon was here. Why not Hakon? You telling me that the organization could not have released Hakon and found another defenseman that would have been more of an asset than what Hakon was to the club? What did Hakon give the fans of Flint during his time here? One playoff win.

Rolf DOES care, what Rolf wants is to own a team that his son, Hakon can play on. Let's see how this turns out. After the years that Flint fans went thru they certainly do not deserve to have Rolf with sole control of the franchise to once again become the laughing stock of the hockey world and the OHL is well aware of that and I hope will not allow that to happen.

Get Rolf completely out of the picture, which is going to be difficult with building ownership and THEN you will have heard the last of me talking about Rolf Nilsen.
Nobody gives 2 shits about Rolf right now...except you

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Do you think that this winning streak is going to go on forever? If you couldn't give a F less what happened last year or the year before then why in the heck did you spend the time and money on this team during that time? Give that time and money to your kids, they should be more important to you then supporting a suspended billionaire. Your kids are growing up fast and the time you take away from being away from them will be something that you will regret. I know of parents who did not take that time with their kids and now they find their kids on the other side of the world with their careers and family.

Do you think that Rolf drafted all those picks? He was banned and not even allowed to operate the hockey club. The only thing that he has done during his suspension is to "foot the bill." The trio of Dellandrea, Busby and Keppen are not playing for their father who owns the team and is suspended for violating OHL rules. That trio also are all NHL draftees, Hakon Nilsen was no where near the talent of that trio. Derian Hatcher has been around a lot longer then Nilsen and was never suspended for five years. Every team goes thru ups and downs including Sudbury, but how many of those teams have been taken over by the OHL for 5 years.

Lastly, what is the matter with Flint hockey fans? Let's hope there is a brisk walk up for tonight's game. Thursday night Niagara had a 12 game losing streak, but still over 4600 showed up for the game. Flint is making worldwide hockey news with their 15 game streak and tonight's game could very well not be a sellout...... https://www1.ticketmaster.com/flint-firebirds-vs-kitchener-rangers/event/080056D4BCB43EA3
I’ll be there with my boys and some friends...that’s all I care about

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
With only 3,960 seats we should be selling out more, particularly on a 15 game winning streak. I feel confident they will have a really big walk-up tonight just like they did last Saturday. The name calling is really childish.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Give that time and money to your kids, they should be more important to you then supporting a suspended billionaire. Your kids are growing up fast and the time you take away from being away from them will be something that you will regret. I know of parents who did not take that time with their kids and now they find their kids on the other side of the world with their careers and family.

Uhm yeah. I got one who’s attending one of if not the best University for her major in the Nation. The other is just as good academically and is currently a State Champ with multiple undefeated seasons on her resume, a team Captain and an even better person. Her athletics will likely cost me $10k this year but that’s ok. I got it, and I’ve never missed one single game. She knows what she’s doing and I don’t need to helicopter or do anything other than offer advice when she asks. She knows the game better than me. I’m pretty sure I’m doing ok without the parenting advice but thanks.

Reactions: nelli27

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Uhm yeah. I got one who’s attending one of if not the best University for her major in the Nation. The other is just as good academically and is currently a State Champ with multiple undefeated seasons on her resume, a team Captain and an even better person. Her athletics will likely cost me $10k this year but that’s ok. I got it, and I’ve never missed one single game. She knows what she’s doing and I don’t need to helicopter or do anything other than offer advice when she asks. She knows the game better than me. I’m pretty sure I’m doing ok without the parenting advice but thanks.

Good for you Savard. It sounds as if you raised them well. I wish them the best with their educations and the career paths that they choose.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
This team would still be really good even with Hakon getting a regular shift. If you wanna point fingers, there’s all the injuries, Ouhlahen, youth.... to try and say that the improvement is because of Hakon being gone is petty and childish. I’m sure Rolf doesn’t read or care about this thread and is completely fine with Hakon having what appears to be a decent start to his pro career in Norway.

If Nielsen was a top 4 on this club you would not be the contender you are right now. Bottom pair maybe but I would argue that your top six right now are all better players

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
My statement was just an observation, not trying to start a fight. I’m glad the timing of your teams run has worked out without that particular issue. It set Sudbury back for years

Thanks for stopping by Voice, unfortunately there are some posters on the Flint board who like to post derogatory words ignoring the truth of whats happen in Flint since the team arrived and the time it has took to bring Flint to its current status. If there is another OHL club that knows what Flint went thru the last four years it has to be Sudbury. Please don't let these posters keep you away from visiting and posting. Best of luck to the Wolves the rest of the season and in the playoffs.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Thanks for stopping by Voice, unfortunately there are some posters on the Flint board who like to post derogatory words ignoring the truth of whats happen in Flint since the team arrived and the time it has took to bring Flint to its current status. If there is another OHL club that knows what Flint went thru the last four years it has to be Sudbury. Please don't let these posters keep you away from visiting and posting. Best of luck to the Wolves the rest of the season and in the playoffs.
Beating a dead horse...that’s the problem

Reactions: Toldyaso

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I hope to end the day on an upbeat note with the Firebirds. My wife had a bad seizure and fell to the floor after a shower face down earlier (our 5 year old found her). I fell down a flight of 8 stairs this evening and laying on ice in bed listening to the Firebirds and watching Nevada Caucus results. Go Firebirds.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Ingham had a good night.

Carried the play well, had some good chances. Not one of Pops best nights.

Time to start a new streak next weekend.

Just .0147058 of 68. Nothing more and nothing less.

Ingham had a good enough night to be the first star of the game.

Flint lost this game during the time when they out shot Kitchener 15-1 to start the game and couldn't dent the net...that was the turning point of this game......it gave the Rangers the momentum which led them to the victory.

Feb. 22/20 – KIT (4) – FLNT (1) – Ontario Hockey League

Congratulations to the Firebirds in establishing an all time consecutive winning streak record of 15 games, something that no other Flint team had accomplished in over 50+ years of hockey in Flint.

Time to start a new streak next weekend (you see MJ5, WE do agree on something).

Last edited:
Reactions: East Avenue Bully

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
So...... uhm.......thanks Rolf?

Uhm......NO thanks for Rolf. This is all on the players and coaching staff. Rolf had no say as to player acquisitions and transactions as he did with Hakon, Rolf did NOT select and hire the coaching staff. Rolf did NOT lace up his skates and play in any of those 15 straight victories. The only thing that Rolf did was to get suspended for five years and forced to foot the bill.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Things happen. Not devastated because you cannot win them all. It been an incredible streak. Great walk-up crowd too.

Last edited:

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Sounds like picked a good night to have other plans. Went to Garth Brooks, 8 rows back from stage, pregnant wife managed to walk a ton and not hit every bathroom along the way. And I was able to not fall down any stairs getting down to the floor at
Ford Field. But stairs can sometimes be difficult. Remember to tip your shuttle bus drivers too!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Sounds like picked a good night to have other plans. Went to Garth Brooks, 8 rows back from stage, pregnant wife managed to walk a ton and not hit every bathroom along the way. And I was able to not fall down any stairs getting down to the floor at
Ford Field. But stairs can sometimes be difficult. Remember to tip your shuttle bus drivers too!
It was still a decent game. Flint carried the play a lot, Kitchener carried the play for stretches too. The Rangers were really good at getting sticks in lanes all night, breaking up a lot of Flint’s quality chances and for the most part just being solid defensively. Ingham’s positioning was solid and the Firebirds put a bunch into the Rangers crest on his jersey. He looked a bit shaky at times early and lost the puck like 4 times early on but Flint never capitalized. Last night was the first time in a long time I wished they had acquired a high end sniper at the deadline. Then I started thinking...”well Jack Wismer in kind of that guy right now” and I actually do look to him to score big goals and he has been lately. Jake Durham? Not so much. He’s not been horrible overall but he’s gotta start producing a little more offense. 1g 3a in 12 games, throw out the 12 goal Sarnia aberration and its 1 assist in 12 games. That’s an OA that gets a bit of time on the top line. He must have had the puck on his stick in his end 4 or 5 times last night looking to start the breakout and he turned it over.

Reactions: Toldyaso

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
The Final 5......Schedule for Final 5 Games of the Season For Western Conference Top 5 Teams......

FLINT - at London, Erie, Saginaw, at Kitchener, at Erie.

KITCHENER - Soo, Peterborough, at Sarnia, Flint, at Erie.

LONDON - Soo, at Guelph, at Owen Sound, Owen Sound, at Sarnia.

SAGINAW - Erie, Sarnia, at Flint, at Soo, Windsor.

WINDSOR - at Guelph, at Owen Sound, Guelph, at Saginaw, at Soo.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
With the Soo's 4-2 loss today versus Sarnia, the Firebirds officially clinched an OHL playoff berth.

With Saginaw's 6-3 win today at North Bay, Flint falls to second in the West Division and fourth overall in the Western Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad