Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
funny. For a fleeting second, the thought of moving Popovich to bring in Lodinia occurred to me; but, Poppy’s playoff experience is too important to the team. Besides, there must have been promises of at least top 9 minutes for Piercy to waive NTC in his draft year?
Popovich has been a mess lately. Rebound control is nonexistent, he’s going down before the shot even leaves the shooters stick. I have no idea why Wellwood refuses to play the better goalie. The one, maybe two soft goals a night has become gaurenteed two, probably 3 or 4 for Popovich lately. It’s like the entire team went out to prove me right on every negative thing I’ve been saying about them tonight. Durham with a pair of terrible turnovers, nobody finishing on quality chances and Ty Dellandrea........non-existent. Again. Can we stop with all the team leader, high character stuff? He must be Mark Messier in the room because he certainly isn’t leading this team on the ice. As I said last year. As I’ve been saying this year, he gets dominated by the oppositions top line frequently. He spent 3/4 of his time on the ice tonight in his own end being hemmed in. How many times is he going to be in the neutral zone looking over his shoulder when the opposition still has possession in his zone? At least he was utilizing his teammates more tonight.

domi55us

Nov 20, 2017
There’s nothing on him at EliteProspects. I think he’s basically retired.
Out of hockey and going to school. I was told he had a mental breakdown after not making the team. Was hoping To see him play this season.

domi55us

Nov 20, 2017
Kressler is likely out for a while. They don't want to rush him back. Trying to avoid reinjury requiring surgery. I believe Giroux was only up with the team for a few games and has been sent back. They said that they only planned to have him up for a few games this year. Similar to what they did with Deline last year.
Giroux i believe separates his shoulder when he went back down to his team so he will be gone awhile and Kreisler played tonight I believe

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
I agree with others on here if Cav isnt injured PLAY HIM. Poppy is clearly struggling right now. To me the Birds have ruined Cavs career.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint is 3-21 vs Saginaw in the past three hockey seasons. Pathetic. This can only loosely be called a rivalry until Flint starts being more competitive. This record includes being 2-10 against Saginaw at the Dort Event Center.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smu fan

Skipper

Jun 2, 2019
Out of hockey and going to school. I was told he had a mental breakdown after not making the team. Was hoping To see him play this season.
That is not the case, no mental breakdown because he did to make the team. He actually advised BB he would not be reporting to training camp; hence why he never reported in August and that he had decided over the summer to leave hockey.
That’s the problem with Flint at times, the staff are often not so forthcoming about players situations and then people ‘speculate’ as to what happens with players.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
That is not the case, no mental breakdown because he did to make the team. He actually advised BB he would not be reporting to training camp; hence why he never reported in August and that he had decided over the summer to leave hockey.
That’s the problem with Flint at times, the staff are often not so forthcoming about players situations and then people ‘speculate’ as to what happens with players.

I think it is very professional not to disclose kids conditions and/or personal decisions

Reactions: Toldyaso

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Flint is 3-21 vs Saginaw in the past three hockey seasons. Pathetic. This can only loosely be called a rivalry until Flint starts being more competitive. This record includes being 2-10 against Saginaw at the Dort Event Center.

It's on par with the Michigan/Ohio State "Rivalry".

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I think it is very professional not to disclose kids conditions and/or personal decisions
Perhaps. However, teams want us to pay a good price for tickets. The least they should be required to do is let us know if a player is injured, taking a leave of absence, or even not the team anymore.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018

Add to the fact that since November 16th Flint is 1-6-1 with a GA average of 6.00 against teams ABOVE them in the Western Conference standings and 4-1-0 with a GA average of 3.40 against teams BELOW them in the Western Conference Standings.

Your not going to climb in the Western Conference standings when you play 1-6-1 hockey against the teams your trying to pass in the conference standings.

Things need to change fast if this team has any sights on finishing in the top 4 with home ice in the first round of the playoffs...that is if they even end up making the playoff (being only 3 points from out of a playoff spot).

Reactions: TcNorth

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Perhaps. However, teams want us to pay a good price for tickets. The least they should be required to do is let us know if a player is injured, taking a leave of absence, or even not the team anymore.
Required. Ha. I’m sure when making those decisions they don’t consider people who live 3 hours away and come to 2 games every 3 years.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Required. Ha. I’m sure when making those decisions they don’t consider people who live 3 hours away and come to 2 games every 3 years.
Or for fans who live within 30 minutes who consider themselves experts, who think people are dieing to read their post, who have nothing better to do than gripe, whine, complain, and are generally paranoid about Flint fans who live 3 hours away. Maybe you are happy with 3-21, I am not no matter if I lived 20 hours away or went to every game.. You stand corrected. I have attended as many as 10 games during one season in the past three seasons. Also, we are 3-10-1 at The Dort vs tonight's opponent Windsor.

Last edited:

Skipper

Jun 2, 2019
I agree when it’s something serious, but a player deciding to leave hockey on his own free will I believe can be disclosed instead of people speculating what happened. That’s how rumors begin.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Or for fans who live within 30 minutes who consider themselves experts, who think people are dieing to read their post, who have nothing better to do than gripe, whine, complain, and are generally paranoid about Flint fans who live 3 hours away. Maybe you are happy with 3-21, I am not no matter if I lived 20 hours away or went to every game.. You stand corrected. I have attended as many as 10 games during one season in the past three seasons. Also, we are 3-10-1 at The Dort vs tonight's opponent Windsor.[/QHope no one here is claiming to be an expert
Or for fans who live within 30 minutes who consider themselves experts, who think people are dieing to read their post, who have nothing better to do than gripe, whine, complain, and are generally paranoid about Flint fans who live 3 hours away. Maybe you are happy with 3-21, I am not no matter if I lived 20 hours away or went to every game.. You stand corrected. I have attended as many as 10 games during one season in the past three seasons. Also, we are 3-10-1 at The Dort vs tonight's opponent Windsor.
There isn’t one expert on this entire board

Reactions: TcNorth

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Let's hope for a better result tonight. Looking forward to seeing Quinn, but that will not be until next week.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Cavallin finally gets a start.

Let's hope he's not too rusty tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad