GDT: Flames @ Sharktank 7pm Pacific (8pm MT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Flames are figured out I think. The opposition shuts down our forecheck so freaking fast and gains our zone so easily. We look outclassed because we can't seem to gain the zone on a regular basis it's just one and done every time.

It seems like the ice is tilted against us all the time because of how much trouble they have keeping the offensive zone.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
This is the fruits of a half decade long rebuild. Sry they look totally outclassed by 2/3 of the league.

Please, give me some positives you’ve seen so far.
Gaudraeu Monahan and Lindholm's line have been in on the forecheck and generated two scoring chances off that. Mangiapane has a strong step to start off and the bottom 6 looks better in general. Lucic is at least average, Hanifin in general has been looking good along Andersson (even though he got caught, I think on a line change for the goal) and just right now, Backlund had a nice chance. It's easy to find good things when we're not looking to be upet.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
What Laf thinks about the score.

10_lafreniere,_alexis_(11)_2018-11-26.jpg

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Gaudraeu Monahan and Lindholm's line have been in on the forecheck and generated two scoring chances off that. Mangiapane has a strong step to start off and the bottom 6 looks better in general. Lucic is at least average, Hanifin in general has been looking good along Andersson (even though he got caught, I think on a line change for the goal) and just right now, Backlund had a nice chance. It's easy to find good things when we're not looking to be upet.

Half our forward lineup hasn’t recorded a point and our 2nd pair (our most played Es pair) has been blowing air and outchanced at every opportunity (and no, I don’t think it’s Hanifins fault).

Our group gets hemmed in and cannot breakout. This team’s offense lives and dies on the rush... and they look figured out. Besides one or two players, they look baaad.

Mickmagoo

Apr 2, 2017
As an Oilers fan I'll just say that we came to expect bad things to happen when Talbot was in net. I think he even had a GA where the puck went off the opposition player's face and into the net last year. That guy is all sorts of bad voodoo in net, even if some of it isn't his fault.
Rough assesment. He took us to playoffs first year. Our OBC crushed us not talbot. That aside 1st shot voodoo is true

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Half our forward lineup hasn’t recorded a point and our 2nd pair (our most played Es pair) has been blowing air and outchanced at every opportunity (and no, I don’t think it’s Hanifins fault).

Our group gets hemmed in and cannot breakout. This team’s offense lives and dies on the rush... and they look figured out. Besides one or two players, they look baaad.
I think it depends on how you look at it. They haven't gotten points except, at least in this game, they have had energy and are at least generating chances/holding possession. I don't put a lot of stock into this early in the season, and while Hammer hasn't looked excellent he isn't terrible honestly. Definitely above average.

We haven't had a good start to the year, but that is a far cry from the team being trash, especially 5 games into the season. Like the growth of Monahan, Andersson, and Hanifin, and even Rittich, get side tracked because Bennett and Jankowski don't play well?

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
I think it depends on how you look at it. They haven't gotten points except, at least in this game, they have had energy and are at least generating chances/holding possession. I don't put a lot of stock into this early in the season, and while Hammer hasn't looked excellent he isn't terrible honestly. Definitely above average.

We haven't had a good start to the year, but that is a far cry from the team being trash, especially 5 games into the season. Like the growth of Monahan, Andersson, and Hanifin, and even Rittich, get side tracked because Bennett and Jankowski don't play well?

Well if you continue your list of Bennett and Jankowski and include Lucic, Ryan, Reider, Mangi you realize that’s half the team and if 50% of your team sucks you are trash.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Just think if we had Laf this would be our lines

Lafraniere
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Mangiapane
Lucic-Ryan-Bennett

Laf is the only guy on the top line because he is too good and can do it all himself. Best top line in the league.

Reactions: Khrox

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

In regards to hammer, his pair as had an XGF of 38% at ES thus far this year. This has been a trend that started in the post-season and doesn’t signal above average play whatsoever.

And honestly, the growth of one or two players isn’t enough when half the lineup looks like they crashed into the earth. This isn’t just a “slow start” like last year, they legitimately have looked like the worse team against most of their opponents so far. Don’t know what to tell ya, but I expected more after following this team with all my heart over the past half decade.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I just finished up a nice Thanksgiving dinner.

I watched the 1st goal on Twitter what in the world was Hamonic thinking? Why not just tie up his stick man?

Edit: it hit his skating but he still shouldn't have been able to get there. Box him out.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016

Another way to look at it is if Rittich lets in the overtime penalty shot in Dallas, they have one regulation win.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
I have a question. I don't get to watch many games being in Europe but I woke up and can't sleep so I've been watching this.

Why, just like the games I watched last year, does it look like we only know how to defend with 4 people on the ice? Is this a bad night or a system thing?

Only player-related thought is,why is Mangiapane puck and body chasing rather than focusing on positioning well? He looks a step behind because he's literally and figuratively a step behind the player with the puck.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I just finished up a nice Thanksgiving dinner.

I watched the 1st goal on Twitter what in the world was Hamonic thinking? Why not just tie up his stick man?

Imagine giving up more assets for him than ROR... oh wait.

Thank god brodie wasn’t traded for scraps.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
I have a question. I don't get to watch many games being in Europe but I woke up and can't sleep so I've been watching this.

Why, just like the games I watched last year, does it look like we only know how to defend with 4 people on the ice? Is this a bad night or a system thing?

Only player-related thought is,why is Mangiapane puck and body chasing rather than focusing on positioning well? He looks a step behind because he's literally and figuratively a step behind the player with the puck.

Spoiler alert: because he's not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad