GDT: Flames @ Sharktank 7pm Pacific (8pm MT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
He'll be perfect for Laf

"I approve"

image.jpg

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I think we should get used to it, as the offense has been figured out and Peters is oblivious.. can't wait to watch all the dump and chase all season, but I will cause I love to knock years off my life.

I may honestly start checking out eventually. This is suppose to be our contending seasons... and the team looks like a mess (again).

People who had us as a lock and the regular season as irrelevant have forgot quickly about disappointments of years past.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
I may honestly start checking out eventually. This is suppose to be our contending seasons... and the team looks like a mess (again).

People who had us as a lock and the regular season as irrelevant have forgot quickly about disappointments of years past.

I still think they make it due to the weak division. Edmonton will have to play tough teams eventually and they won't shoot 16% all year, so only real lock is Vegas at this point.

It'll just be a slog all year.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The second line needed upgrades(top 6 Center and top 6RW; this could have come from within but that very unlikely right now.)

If you have two lines that can bring it offensively(if one line is not going, than the other line can score some goals, while the other line gets going) and one shutdown line(for us it would be the Backlund line), than you are going to have more success.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Flames consistently look mediocre at best almost every October no matter the team. Keep the head above water and turn up the heat near Nov.

Sorry but they havent figured it out since last Feb,it's not going to happen. There is no magic. Team has no secondary scoring to speak of.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I heard this coming draft is really strong.

Probably going to anger a few people saying this, but I’d start dangling big pieces at the deadline if the flames are out of it. This core doesn’t make it this year, they aren’t getting it done. Too many ufa’s, no prospect pool to speak of, and forward depth that is just baaad.

Reactions: DFF

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The overreaction to a slow start to the season is pretty humorous. Going to be a lot of silly looking opinions in this thread by the end of the season.

I’d rather the team prove me wrong and make me look silly than be blindly faithful and get crushed in the end. Learned that after the brutal end to the 2017-18 season.

Team needs to simply wake up. Excusing slow starts every year is beyond tiring.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I'm glad that the team who was first it in the west last year is suddenly a trash team after 6 games. Not like they're a team notorious for slow starts or anything. Also enjoyable that it's mostly the same three people who aren't here in the offseason hopping in to say how much the Flames suck. Like damn y'all, have some faith maybe? There's sloppy play in game 6 and suddenly we're absolutely shit? Figure it out y'all.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
The overreaction to a slow start to the season is pretty humorous. Going to be a lot of silly looking opinions in this thread by the end of the season.

Depends..on how you define end od the season

For Mony and Johnny its the ASG
For Lindholm its when these two check out
For Chucky its Round 1 game 2

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I’d rather the team prove me wrong and make me look silly than be blindly faithful and get crushed in the end. Learned that after the brutal end to the 2017-18 season.

Team needs to simply wake up. Excusing slow starts every year is beyond tiring.

I mean you can apply this logic to literally anything in life. It’s better to base your opinion on the evidence.

Reactions: super6646

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I actually think we showed signs of a turn around. We weren’t just getting peppered with shots at least.
Yeah this is a game I'm surprised people are seeing as a massive loss for the team. They looked good until the short handed goal, since the two before that were 1, a lucky bounce off a skate, and 2, a semi breakaway after a small defensive break down. Flames we're the better team for the majority of the game until they couldn't get anything executed/generate anything to end it off.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I mean you can apply this logic to literally anything in life. It’s better to base your opinion on the evidence.

What, like how this team hasn’t made the post-season in back to back years in over a decade? History can work both ways in sports, and I’ve had to learn that this isn’t a team I can give the benefit of the doubt year after year.

I want to believe it’s just a slow start and everything will come together, but it feels like this team has a lot of pieces that just aren’t fitting rn.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
We're going to be in the playoff race barring unforeseen injury or just plain disaster, but I am not expecting a repeat of last year's regular season at all. I think we finish with around 90+ points, whether it'll be enough to get in, I don't know. I just think it's how things can go in this league, we were due for a step back since we took such a big step forward from 17-18 to 18-19 ( a 23 point improvement). Hell even the Tampa Bay Lightning missed the playoffs in 2017, 2 years after making the cup final, and 2 years after they missed it they set a season record for wins. Progress isn't always linear, I just expect an upward trend the next couple years. And to me that means being a consistent playoff team at the very least, and that also means progress within the playoffs once we're in. I can't predict if this core will win a cup as they are incredibly young (apart from Giordano) and locked up for 3 seasons at minimum, I just want to have fun watching this team and let the chips fall where they may. And honestly I kinda had fun watching tonight, even though we lost.

Sorry if that was random, I just know the season is long and I am trying to keep my expectations relatively low. GFG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad