GDT: Flames @ Panthers: Matinee Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
He did. He now has 3 points in 12 games. Exciting.
And my problem is less with Bjugstad at this point than it is with Barkov and Huberdeau. Bjugstad was labeled as a raw prospect at the time he was drafted and has actually exceeded expectations so far, imo.

Barkov and Huberdeau were supposed to be franchise players. Where are they?
Signs of being offensively gifted would be nice but i can't expect them to be the franchise players while they are on their elc.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
no, he was getting the nod when he was playing bad cuz he's flash. it goes both ways.

You are showing the exact problem with a fanbase now, you bash a player because you should bash him and just notice the bad things he does, not all the good. Flash has not been bad this season, but at the same time not good, but has has been better then a few forwards that played today.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Giordano is a player they developed. Offensively speaking, his career hasn't been any better than Brian Campbell's either. Excuses.

Ha excuses? He's one of best dMan in league... All u look at is points and that's it... This isn't shinny it's hockey..more to it than points.. Fact not excuses.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
You're right. I hope they got ice cream after the game today. They are doing great.

Ekblad is. And Bjugstad is starting to play well.

Hubs and Barkov do have to play better. Barkovs defensive game was good until he got injured. But now he's just suffering fullstop.

I would also like the Jokinen and Barkov pairing to stop happening please!

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
back to the old panthers. we score we lose. we don't score we lose. no way we should've lost this game. the game turned on the non call on kuli during the pp. they score on a missed call and take momentum. i have to say montoya was not stellar and our d- zone coverage was lacking. my confidence in this team was starting to develop, but now i unfortunately see that it's the same old same old. unfortunately i don't see us making the playoff. i didn't at the beginning of the season and then got some hope. the play of lou and our d gave me hope, but now i'm back to my preseason prediction. NO PLAYOFFS!!! i'm hoping these guys prove me wrong!!!:rant:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Campbell is getting worse game by game. He can't either handle the minutes anymore or he's totally quit on this team.

Erick*

Signs of being offensively gifted would be nice but i can't expect them to be the franchise players while they are on their elc.

I'm not expecting them to be franchise players on their ELC.

I'm expecting them to do...something. They are doing nothing. Look at what our young guys are doing and compare to other young players around the league and you'll see what I mean.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I'm talking more about Huby and Barkov. I see what Bjugstad does but he wasn't a lottery pick. He was a steal at pick 19. I am impressed often at what Bjugstad does but he always seems to be at his best on the LW side of the ice. He should be playing there full time and we would see an entirely different player in my opinion.

That last play where he dropped the puck to Mitchell was absolutely awful but your right nobody is perfect. Huby and Barkov who are lottery guys are non factors though. Look at Calgary and there young guys who made plays all over the place and actually put up stats. They are not playing with snipers either. They are actually elevating the games of veterans.

On this team we celebrate a pass being connected or a could have been. I want to see the actual goal lamp being lit by way of a great shot or a saucer pass or something. We are only going to go as far as our most talented players go and these 2 guys are out to lunch. Our most talented player (Luongo) was on the bench today unfortunately and if we didn't have him this year you can imagine where we'd be right now.

My sentiments as well. Even in the offensive chance department, Bjugstad and Grimaldi are creating scoring chances that involve a shot. Huby's best play of the night involved losing the puck as he drove to the net. Barkov just looked something between absent and confused. For all the flack Upshall takes, his stupid tenacity paid off tonight (yet, not for the team).

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Someone was bemoaning us not taking Tarensenko last game in that draft.

They were both steals but Tarensenko if I remember had some kind of issues and that's why he dropped if not he would been drafted a lot higher.

I am not worried too much about Bjugstad and his expectations I have for him are a lot different than i have for the number 2 and 3 pick of the draft. We need to get a hell of a lot more.

Erick*

Ha excuses? He's one of best dMan in league... All u look at is points and that's it... This isn't shinny it's hockey..more to it than points.. Fact not excuses.

Again, Giordano is player they developed. So, again, the fact that the Panthers haven't developed such a player is just a knock on the Panthers organization at the end of the day.

Kulikov should be as good as Giordano by now. He's not. Or is judging a player on (what is this now, Kuli's 5th or 6th year) unfair too? Please baby the core some more.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
You are showing the exact problem with a fanbase now, you bash a player because you should bash him and just notice the bad things he does, not all the good. Flash has not been bad this season, but at the same time not good, but has has been better then a few forwards that played today.

haha dude, relax relax. everyone has ONE player that they love to hate. mine is flash. it has been like that forever.
you're apperantly his no1 fanboy which is cute tho.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I'm not expecting them to be franchise players on their ELC.

I'm expecting them to do...something. They are doing nothing. Look at what our young guys are doing and compare to other young players around the league and you'll see what I mean.

I agree with that your saying. Huberdeau I'm more worried about than Barkov. He got bigger but still is invisible like last year.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden

Hubs and Barkov do have to play better. Barkovs defensive game was good until he got injured. But now he's just suffering fullstop.

The problem with Barkov is that he just have chemistry with Bergy and Boyes, he's not a fit with Huby or Jokinen. I would love to see him with Pirri and someone else.

Hockeycast

Aug 31, 2011
Finland
This game...
I....I don't know what to say...
smashed-computer.gif

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Again, Giordano is player they developed. So, again, the fact that the Panthers haven't developed such a player is just a knock on the Panthers organization at the end of the day.

Kulikov should be as good as Giordano by now. He's not. Or is judging a player on (what is this now, Kuli's 5th or 6th year) unfair too? Please baby the core some more.

What does that have to do with our young guys? Doesn't matter who developed who... And kuli been one of our best d man this year and still getting better... Like I said takes time and just pointing out kuli should prove that...not babying them but it's a fact that u continue to ignore... Im still waiting for u to point out a 19 year old center in his second year coming off an injury playing 1st line center and contributing ... While holding his own against others best?..... Waiting waiting.......... Oh ya only thing that matters is points I forgot... Not who scores more than the other team

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

This is what I've seen as well, last year's Barkov was still there defensively before the injury.

Campbell is getting worse game by game. He can't either handle the minutes anymore or he's totally quit on this team.
Oh, how it feels such a long time ago that Campbell was an all-star d-man and a great fit/mentor for Ekblad.

Wait, it was 3 games ago? Nevermind then.. :surrender

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida

I don't know why you waste your time arguing with half of the posters on here. People are Jaded, maybe its just desperate hope that Barkov and huberdeau will live up to what they are supposed to be. Facts are facts. They haven't produced and huberdeau has been bad for quite some time now. Can they turn that around? Maybe.. Prob not.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
I agree with that your saying. Huberdeau I'm more worried about than Barkov. He got bigger but still is invisible like last year.

Yup. Huberdeau got bigger and his effort level is a lot higher this year than last but still you see very few signs that this guy was an actual lottery pick. You watch Pirri and you see how he impacts the game with his killer shot and O instincts and you would think he was the number 3 pick and not Huby.

Barkov's problem is in his head. He's still big, strong, plays smart most of the time but he has to raise his intensity in to the game about 2-3 levels. His personality off the ice is starting to come thru on the ice and that ain't good. He needs to get aggressive and fire shots and try to be a nightmare for other teams defenses. Right now he's playing tentative and soft like he's Grimaldi's size. Rocco for all his size problems plays the game like he's 7 feet tall and does everything aggressively and confidently which is why I see a good future for him once he figures the pro game out and the game slows down for him. Barkov and Huby have to pick it up big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad