Mitchell(C)
|
Kulikov​
Olsen​
|
Gudbranson​

Goalie:
photo.php

Bergenheim, Pirri, and Bolland are all expected to skate Saturday but will miss the game.

Who to Watch

mark_giordano_calgary.jpg

Mark Giordano has established himself as a premier defenseman for the upstart Flames.

goal.jpg

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Montoya starting is a complete guess, I just think he'll be in this game, since the Flames are also starting their backup, Luongo just had a rough game, and I don't think Montoya will get another start till the West road trip.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I think Montoya is due. Luo has played a lot. Might have to PVR this one, wife wants to "look" at a new dog...

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I just hope we have a decent showing at this game. An afternoon game against a Western team? I hope we get north of 8000 people there.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hmm, don't think I've actually seen Ramo play a full game since he came back to the NHL. Didn't Calgary play their backup last year when Panthers played them?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hmm, don't think I've actually seen Ramo play a full game since he came back to the NHL. Didn't Calgary play their backup last year when Panthers played them?

Reto Berra early in the season, and then in their last meeting late in the year I definitely remember Joey Macdonald playing out of his mind and stealing a game.

ScottishPanther

Oct 11, 2014
Scotland
Upshall taking a spot on the second line has got to stop... He finds a way to **** up every play in the offensive zone and takes way too many penalties.

He should be scratched, the trocheck line should have stayed with rocco at rw, and the 2nd line should be hub/jug/hayes. Plenty of grit on that line without upshall dragging it down.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Upshall taking a spot on the second line has got to stop... He finds a way to **** up every play in the offensive zone and takes way too many penalties.

He should be scratched, the trocheck line should have stayed with rocco at rw, and the 2nd line should be hub/jug/hayes. Plenty of grit on that line without upshall dragging it down.

I don't remember him being called for a penalty the last two games.... so at least he has improved in that area.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Not to be that guy, but Mitchell and Kulikov are our first pair d-men.

It's crazy how bad we are offensively. At least we're great defensively. If we could just be slightly below average offensively, we'd cruise into the playoffs if we maintain our defense.

The more I think about Semin, the more I think it could be a disastrous move (cap wise) for us, especially since we have Bolland on the books. I think a guy like Drew Stafford makes a lot more sense. UFA to be, producing, on a team that would take picks/prospects.

Puck Junkie

Jul 15, 2014
Boca Raton, FL
The more I think about Semin, the more I think it could be a disastrous move (cap wise) for us, especially since we have Bolland on the books. I think a guy like Drew Stafford makes a lot more sense. UFA to be, producing, on a team that would take picks/prospects.

Are people seriously considering Semin as an option? You look up cancer in the dictionary you'll see his name come up. This group is much more positive and works pretty hard. Don't' bring him anywhere near this team. Stafford would be a much better option obviously, but I would like them to go after Justin Williams if the Kings can't afford to re-sign him (and they likely won't be able to).

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Guess not. He deserves a spot over Upshall, that's for sure.

He has looked ok but nothing more, could have played instead of Upshall today but i guess we will send him down, it would be better for him to play in SA until we get injuries again and he could play in a top 6 role.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Montoya starting is a complete guess, I just think he'll be in this game, since the Flames are also starting their backup, Luongo just had a rough game, and I don't think Montoya will get another start till the West road trip.

Its confirmed now

@RogMillions
Al Montoya will start in goal this afternoon for #Panthers vs #Flames. Karri Ramo for the #Flames

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Are people seriously considering Semin as an option? You look up cancer in the dictionary you'll see his name come up. This group is much more positive and works pretty hard. Don't' bring him anywhere near this team. Stafford would be a much better option obviously, but I would like them to go after Justin Williams if the Kings can't afford to re-sign him (and they likely won't be able to).

How is Stafford a better option "obviously?" He might not have the character issues Semin has, but he is also nowhere near the scorer Semin is. With the leadership this team seems to have, Semin can become a contributor here, and be kept in line IMO. Im more interested in getting someone a bit younger, like an Eberle or Kane, but Semin would cost us much less than the latter two.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh

Cancer? I hope you're talking about his astrology sign. Other than that you have nothing to base your accusation off of. In fact, then coach, Muller and Eric Staal were praising his skill, attitude and knowledge towards the game.

But yes, lets play it safe and get no where with a pending UFA like Stafford, wouldn't want to leave that comfort zone would we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad