GDT: Flames @ Panthers: Matinee Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Flash has been pretty ok in setting up other players he just dont score, he has been better then both Boyes and Upshall (until today), so It was kinda strange to scratch him.

he was good against boston. the other games not so much. agree about boyes however and of course upshall.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
This is really the only good team we faced so far and what happened yeah we allow 6 goals!

Um what.

That Tampa team aren't bad. Nor are Boston.

Brutal game to lose. :cry:

That was a game we should have won. We were the better team for most of the game. Can't believe there was no call on that hit on Kulikov.

But hey, at least we scored some goals! And I killed it in the points game!

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Um what.

That Tampa team aren't bad. Nor are Boston.

Brutal game to lose. :cry:

That was a game we should have won. We were the better team for most of the game. Can't believe there was no call on that hit on Kulikov.

But hey, at least we scored some goals! And I killed it in the points game!

Yeah but Boston is not Boston from before!

Tampa i can agree on i forgot about that one!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I think the difference between successfully embellishing and getting caught is in trying to make it look like you're fighting through the hook. Jokinen grabbed the stick and then made a really awkward jerking motion backwards.
Yeah, it was a really bad sell job by JJ. The motion he did, didn't fit in as hooking with the way that Flames d-man's stick was, at all.

What's guds supposed to do? Our goalie got obliterated amd was star fished in the corner... Clearly had no chance to make the save that goal is waved off 90% of the time
Huberdeau pushed whoever that Flames forward was into Montoya.

Though that said forward looked to have no intention to stop even before that contact from Huberdeau.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
They had 25 shots because we some offense going. Otherwise it would been 35+

I cant believe people are saying defense has just been fine last two games. We have given up 10 goals!

I said nothing about the last game. But I don't care how we limited their shots, if as a goalie, you face 25 shots, 5 of those shouldn't go in regardless

Erick*

Calgary is a damn good team. Giordano is a top 10 defense men in this league imho. Gaudreau and Monahan look like future stars.

I like how Calgary's young players are producing despite a veteran core that isn't that great.

But we still have fans on here who get offended every time someone points out that our young guys aren't producing jack ****.

See? Young guys around the league don't exactly need Sidney Crosby on their line to produce. And, shocker, these teams are getting better because their young players are getting better!

Our team, on the other hand, continues to be mediocre because the young players who put on this franchise's jersey don't believe in getting better. They either stay the same or become worse. Fortunately, we don't have a terrible record yet this year because our real franchise player is a 35-year-old goalie who can still play at an elite level.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
he was good against boston. the other games not so much. agree about boyes however and of course upshall.

He has been good in creating chances this season, he had pretty nice chemistry with Bolland early in the season but none of em could score. And i just watched the first two periods vs flyers and he was one of the better players there, we would have praised the guy if he was called Pirri, so It didnt make any real sense to bench him today unless something happened, maybe he got the flu aswell, maybe its a trade.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Barkov a no show offensively again. Should be scratched once we get Pirri and Bolland back. Let him sit for a game or two.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
I said nothing about the last game. But I don't care how we limited their shots, if as a goalie, you face 25 shots, 5 of those shouldn't go in regardless

Campbell should have been stronger in front on 2 of them and one was a breakaway but the last 2 for sure you'd like to see him make big saves in the 3rd period. The Kulikov injury killed us because they scored on the injury and we played the entire 3rd period short a dman. It was a bad game for Montoya, worse for Campbell and we got lucky scoring 3 of those goals today so it was probably not meant to be. On the last note its sad that we play other teams and we see there young studs play so well and are factors throughout the game and our so called studs are just non factors and don't make plays where you say wow look at that talent. We see it from Ekblad from time to time but these other super studs hell no.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Montoya gotta have a couple those shots no doubt... TheyPlayed alright actually... Need pirri and Bergy back so rococo can go down... He struggles in his own end and hasn't been able to finish multiple chances... He is creating in the offensive zone tho which is nice to see... Kuli better not be out long or else uh oh... We r right where I figured we would be around .500 jugs is starting to come in now which is good... Campbell gotta tie up sticks better in front... A couple posts and a save by Montoya and that short handed horse **** goal where everything went wrong and we win this game.. Tough loss but we were the better team imo

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Am I the only one who is curious how Barkov would produce in the AHL?

hide.gif

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
He has been good in creating chances this season, he had pretty nice chemistry with Bolland early in the season but none of em could score. And i just watched the first two periods vs flyers and he was one of the better players there, we would have praised the guy if he was called Pirri, so It didnt make any real sense to bench him today unless something happened, maybe he got the flu aswell, maybe its a trade.

yeah but he's not pirri and he sucks so..

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Am I the only one who is curious how Barkov would produce in the AHL?

hide.gif
Have to say that this has to be considered soon if things don't change.

In these two games, Barkov hasn't even done the usual takeaway magic like he usually does. This isn't the same Barkov we saw last year, whether it's injury or Gallan'ts system, he still has to find ways to get to that same level that he was at last year.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
So limiting our penalties hasn't helped. Lost three straight. Need to go back to taking 5+ a game. Lol

At least I have the rest of my night.

-ghoste

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Campbell should have been stronger in front on 2 of them and one was a breakaway but the last 2 for sure you'd like to see him make big saves in the 3rd period. The Kulikov injury killed us because they scored on the injury and we played the entire 3rd period short a dman. It was a bad game for Montoya, worse for Campbell and we got lucky scoring 3 of those goals today so it was probably not meant to be. On the last note its sad that we play other teams and we see there young studs play so well and are factors throughout the game and our so called studs are just non factors and don't make plays where you say wow look at that talent. We see it from Ekblad from time to time but these other super studs hell no.

I agree with everything you said except for the last sentence. I have seen plenty of moments of brilliance from Bjugstad, of course you would've liked to have seen him take that shot at the end, but nobody's perfect. For example that play he had today on the PK where he dangled around their entire team and just missed the net, or that play on Datsyuk last year

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Have to say that this has to be considered soon if things don't change.

In these two games, Barkov hasn't even done the usual takeaway magic like he usually does. This isn't the same Barkov we saw last year.

Yeah i think some time in the AHL would be good for Barkov!

Erick*

Johnny Gaudreau, a 21-year-old 4th round pick on a team that was supposed to be just as bad as ours at best, has 12 points in 16 games.

But we're not supposed to have higher expectations for our young guys who were actually drafted in the 1st round because such expectations would just be unfair apparently. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad