Weekes: Flames, Devils, Kings, Bruins all in on goalie discussions, including potential 3 way deals

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think if they made a move for PLD, they'd be looking to move him within 2 years. It's hard to know where his head is at when it comes to being the player he could be. He's playing 3 minutes less than he was when he was putting up 60 points with the Jets which could explain his numbers but it's possible he earned that demotion with his play.

What about Ullmark and Debrusk for Danult and Laferriere?
Danault is definitely the C you want from LA. I wouldn't even consider picking up PLD on waivers. He's basically the RyJo in Nashville contract.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Has any other "insider" talked about this? Because Weekes is the least reliable "insider"?
Just Bob McKenzie saying the Flames are unlikely to make the trade today.

Said the Devils matched the offer the Flames wanted, but the Flames changed their mind and are thinking about a playoff run with how well they are playing.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Just Bob McKenzie saying the Flames are unlikely to make the trade today.

Said the Devils matched the offer the Flames wanted, but the Flames changed their mind and are thinking about a playoff run with how well they are playing.

Hopefully Conroy and Iginla has talked some sense into this ownership group.

just some dodgy reports from "insiders" on the guentzel return

Okay, Thanks.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I think if they made a move for PLD, they'd be looking to move him within 2 years. It's hard to know where his head is at when it comes to being the player he could be. He's playing 3 minutes less than he was when he was putting up 60 points with the Jets which could explain his numbers but it's possible he earned that demotion with his play.

What about Ullmark and Debrusk for Danult and Laferriere? Gives the Bruins more cap room to upgrade the blueline, a top 6 center who's kind of a poor man's Lindholm, and a promising rookie RW with decent size and oomph to his game.
Absolutely not . Danault is untouchable . I don’t buy the rumors of Boston asking about PLD i dont even know who that guy is who created this rumor

Reactions: funky

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
lol yup. Especially if it was Mercer. I’m guessing it was Holtz and a 1st
It was Holtz and a 1st (potentially more).

Ownership said they would only consider it with Mercer and a 1st because of their cup run aspirations.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
PLD's effort is questionable some games, but he was a beast last night against the Sens. He's also had lackluster line mates the whole season. That, coupled with less ice time partially explains his numbers this year...

Bond

May 10, 2012
Still should be a no brainer yes if this was the case. I’d even let them dump Vanecek with that
I’d 100% agree. I’m not even that high on Holtz. I just want Markstrom gone so the Flames can get three high picks in a row

PLD would be Boston's best center. When Coyle & Zacha are your top 2, you aren't in a position to negotiate.

Swayman, Zacha & 1st for PL!
Do it.
lol that’s cute

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
NJ is balking at this, why would the price get higher without retention? That makes no sense in the world unless Fitz is a moron
This should be the trade for ullmark, markstrom. Cmon donny.

PLD would be Boston's best center. When Coyle & Zacha are your top 2, you aren't in a position to negotiate.

Do it.
Eww no

Reactions: G Backup

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
No, I wouldn't even think of moving Backlund for PLD. I'd do Huberdeau and a 1st. I wouldn't even do Kadri.
Kadir would be a great get for LA.

Don't think Blake move PLD as he would have to admit a mistake, something he has not shown he can do. Both in his career as a captain and now a GM

Do it.
no chance LA could get that. Zacha for PLD alone would be laughed at by the Bruins

Reactions: G Backup

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kadir would be a great get for LA.

Don't think Blake move PLD as he would have to admit a mistake, something he has not shown he can do. Both in his career as a captain and now a GM

no chance LA could get that. Zacha for PLD alone would be laughed at by the Bruins

Disagree> I have a lot of qualms with Blake but sunk cost fallacy is not one of them

Look how he handled Petersen, that's about as big a GM mistake admission as i've ever seen

He's also done it on smaller scales with Cammalleri -> Jussi Jokinen -> I forget the third one haha

He CAN also remove himself from emotion, see Quick

I think the bigger problem here is he actually loves PLD and has been after him for years.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Disagree> I have a lot of qualms with Blake but sunk cost fallacy is not one of them

Look how he handled Petersen, that's about as big a GM mistake admission as i've ever seen

He's also done it on smaller scales with Cammalleri -> Jussi Jokinen -> I forget the third one haha

I think the bigger problem here is he actually loves PLD and has been after him for years.
Holt shit Mike Cammalleri? I didn't realize Blake's been GM that long.. feels like forever since his last stint in LA

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Cammy was just about fit, low cap hit one year deal. no skin in the game for Blake.

Petersen, I think was more obvious than PLD and he needed cap to re-sign gavrikov to salvage a previous big move.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Things I've learned today...PLD should be bought out if he stays in LA or sent to Boston to be their #1 center. Who knew?

Reactions: YP44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad