Weekes: Flames, Devils, Kings, Bruins all in on goalie discussions, including potential 3 way deals

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Cammy was just about fit, low cap hit one year deal. no skin in the game for Blake.

Petersen, I think was more obvious than PLD and he needed cap to re-sign gavrikov to salvage a previous big move.

Sure, but that just shows how quickly he's willing to adjust.

Again I'm the farthest thing in the world from a Blake defender but that's one thing that's impressed me about him his whole tenure, I know there are 1-2 more examples at the very least

Of course, we'd far prefer he stops making bigger and bigger mistakes in the first place, but that's a different issue...

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
There's zero chance the Devs offered Holtz and a 1st (+ potentially more) for Markstrom. You people are delusional.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Logic and intelligent thought is not allowed here.

It's also kinda hilarious that Devils fans balk at Markstrom's contract, but want Ullmark who only makes a million less and is a UFA in a year, and is likely to demand a massive contract.
I don't know about massive. I would expect something like 5 years at 6 million or something. I think the most obvious comp there is Kuemper and adjust for inflation and a cap that is no longer projected to be locked up moving forward.

But that said, you're then committing 6 years to Ullmark, and I think the term may be what scares people the most about goalies. If Markstrom blows, you can get away from it relatively painlessly given that you're not going to do anything until the last year of his deal.

Also, we know that Markstrom can play 55 games a year. Ullmark is a #1 goaltender who thus far hasn't really done the #1 goalie workload.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Logic and intelligent thought is not allowed here.

It's also kinda hilarious that Devils fans balk at Markstrom's contract, but want Ullmark who only makes a million less and is a UFA in a year, and is likely to demand a massive contract.
We will see what the market is for him, if there isn’t a market now with numerous teams willing to eat salary, why would there be more teams in the summer?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
There's zero chance the Devs offered Holtz and a 1st (+ potentially more) for Markstrom. You people are delusional.
if there was retention I do not think it is out of the question.

Mercer is out of the question though

I think Dubois will be the first to admit he’s had a shit year. But you see the flashes of talent and chippyness. I’m willing to give him another season to get his shit together.
issue is his NMC kicks in this summer. He has been better under Hiller. One argument i hear for PLD is that he has had reduced minutes with lower quality line mates. I have time for this argument, but really shows why we should not got him for a #3 center role to begin with.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Wouldn't surprise me if first + Holtz was on the table. Kuemper was a first + Timmins. Maybe the devils get something very minor back to fill in a gap.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
lol did you hear Fitz speak about Holtz? It's been pretty obvious for quite some time that they're not at all high on that player.

And it's beginning to look like that feeling is shared around the league - the Sharks passed on Holtz to take Mukhamadullin and now the Flames passed too.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
How many fan bases have said this now? Dude shows up 1/10 games.
yeah i'm not onboard with paying a guy over $8.5M in real dollars to get him to START playing up to snuff

plenty of guys i'm willing to let learn on the job for league min

Reactions: LAKings88

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
I think Dubois will be the first to admit he’s had a shit year. But you see the flashes of talent and chippyness. I’m willing to give him another season to get his shit together.
That's all he's ever been though, occasional flashes of talent. Everyone gives Ryan Johansen crap for being a lazy player who could have been great, PLD is basically RyJo 2.0, except RyJo had already had a better season by this point in PLD's career.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I think we can close this rumor. Murray Edwards won't allow the Flames to trade Markstrom, so unless it's Vladar not happening.

Reactions: YP44

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
You have no choice. If it makes you feel better Jeff Skinner had a brutal first 2 year after signing his big $9m contract with BUF, but then bounced back.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Need to get Swayman re-signed in the next hour+, but I'd consider Siegs, Schmid, and a 1st for Ullmark a decent success for Boston. Get a solid top 4 defender, a decent young backup for Sway, and a pick. Ullmark probably doesn't waive though; unless Jersey isn't on his NTC list already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad