Weekes: Flames, Devils, Kings, Bruins all in on goalie discussions, including potential 3 way deals

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Ok, I give, you can have Oesterle when he clears waivers too ;)

The shine on PLD is fading quickly, and if LA has made him available in season 1 of that contract, they're going to tank any value he might have. Kings are better off trying to find a way for him to succeed there

Ya i highly doubt we trade him . Honestly he has been playing much better and when he gets involved physically he is a force to be reckoned with . I for one don’t want to trade him and believe come playoff time he will be a beast and can only get better next season . Hes a young big bodied center who moves pretty well and the skill is evident , rather see what his prime years look like playing for the Kings rather than elsewhere .

I really dont know who this guy is claiming PLD is available but i call BS . I do believe the Kings are looking for a goalie upgrade or at Toffoli though

Reactions: kinghock

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
There's no way the Kings are trading PLD less than a season into an 8-year deal.
He is at best the fourth best center on the team and is the highest paid forward on the team...actual cash, not salary cap. He didn't fit when the Kings traded for him and he doesn't fit now that Byfield is the team's best player.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I don't disagree but I struggle to imagine management giving up on a player they clearly believed in a few months ago. Seems unlikely.

I think teams will start following the cut throat strategy of Las Vegas, if the player works for great, if not try to trade him, pounce on the chance whenever you get it.

Reactions: LAKings88

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
If Ullmark is on the table I don’t understand why Fitz is so locked in on Markstrom.

I have a hard time believing Boston would move one of Ullmark and Swayman now. They have a special bond, like brothers. Trading one of them before the playoffs could seriously damage that locker room, and Bruins chances of winning the cup.

Moving one of them in the summer is a different thing. If Boston trades for a center today I think they will send Frederic or Forbort to move cap, if needed.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Wait. I thought he Flames owners shut down Markstrom trades. Are they trading off Vladar? Is anyone really interested in him?

I hope LA doesn't get an upgrade in net. Or that they get an "upgrade" like they did last year. Good goaltending would really help that team.

Bond

May 10, 2012
If Ullmark is on the table I don’t understand why Fitz is so locked in on Markstrom.
Depends on if they want to commit to Ullmark or Saros on their next contract or still think one of their younger goalies is the guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad