Weekes: Flames, Devils, Kings, Bruins all in on goalie discussions, including potential 3 way deals

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Last year, he was coming off an absurd year and the Devils thought he'd be on pace for 25-30 goals again on an ELC which would've been gold for us. He's legitimately fell off the face of the earth this year. Selling him low would be bad is all.

All I’m saying is, if the GM could’ve gotten a top-3 goalie in the world for Dawson Mercer, he should have done that.

But Markstrom is not a bad consolation prize - he’s put up a lot of good numbers on some underwhelming at best rosters.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If I'm Boston I'm holding onto Ullmark until the draft, because if you move him and then a puck hits Swayman the wrong way and he goes down what then?

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
If I'm Boston I'm holding onto Ullmark until the draft, because if you move him and then a puck hits Swayman the wrong way and he goes down what then?

On the other hand wouldn t Dubois being yelled at by Marchand for being too soft on a nightly basis be a funny thing to see ? Just kidding.

Fully agreed with you I think you don t take the risk as Boston.

Reactions: olli

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
All I’m saying is, if the GM could’ve gotten a top-3 goalie in the world for Dawson Mercer, he should have done that.

But Markstrom is not a bad consolation prize - he’s put up a lot of good numbers on some underwhelming at best rosters.

Meh, we don't know what Chevy wanted at the time, it might've been Mercer + 1st + another good prospect. At that time, it was too rich. They were never gonna win the Cup with Lindy as coach imo so maybe it was a blessing in disguise they never pulled that trigger. The worry with Markstrom the NJD fanbase has is a Cory Schneider repeat with his body failing him when we were ready to make the jump and it delayed us a few years again

As for OP, there's a better chance that the Canucks are the third team in this and not LAK, Elias Lindholm makes more sense than these PLD rumors

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
On the other hand wouldn t Dubois being yelled at by Marchand for being too soft on a nightly basis be a funny thing to see ? Just kidding.

Fully agreed with you I think you don t take the risk as Boston.

It's already happened to Woll this year he missed nearly 3 months it can happen.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Next man up. Brandon Bussi.

He's good. So is Michael DiPietro.

Both of these rooks are in the AHL and they're good.

Mongo

Mongo likes candy!
Nov 27, 2008
Vermont
Next man up. Brandon Bussi.

He's good. So is Michael DiPietro.

Both of these rooks are in the AHL and they're good.
They’re not ready for the NHL playoffs. I’d rather have the goalie tandem than PLD. They’ll have to move one this off-season. They can work something out better than PLD.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Not sure who Jacob Billington is but i highly doubt Kings trade PLD . I call BS . But for hypotheticals and for fun

PLD + Kaliyev and Rittich for Ulmark + Zacha and Frederic?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If Fitz trades Mercer in a deal and only ends up with Markstrom he should be relieved of GM duties immediately.
Ok, I give, you can have Oesterle when he clears waivers too ;)

Not sure who Jacob Billington is but i highly doubt Kings trade PLD . I call BS . But for hypotheticals and for fun

PLD + Kaliyev for Ulmark + Zacha and Frederic?
The shine on PLD is fading quickly, and if LA has made him available in season 1 of that contract, they're going to tank any value he might have. Kings are better off trying to find a way for him to succeed there

Reactions: Kingsfan1

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Yikes. If we’re taking that monster contract away from LA, I hope we’re not giving up much more than Ullmark and a cap dump. I think PLD has some negative value right now.

I guess we’ll see.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad