Post-Game Talk: Flames def. Canucks - 5-2 (Highmore, Boeser)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Halak just Killed the rest of his career with that bench performance.

No team wants that shit, I hope he never wears a Canucks jersey ever again

Reactions: RMCC and sting101

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Halak just Killed the rest of his career with that bench performance.

No team wants that shit, I hope he never wears a Canucks jersey ever again

f*** Halak and his shit play, guy mailed it in when fat ass Benning offered that signing bonus.

He reached the games, played like shit and have no f***ing effort every time he played.

lazy, uninspiring.
Trade him come Monday, the hell with him.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Well thats a shame...Tonights score wasn't indicative of the team as a whole, they just look like group that has ran out of gas (Demko especially, looked far from his usual self)...Overall though, I give a lot of credit to this group of players..They were at the bottom of a monstrous pit, and for three months, clawed their way back into a playoff discussion..So tonights loss doesn't give me any pleasure. (watching the team for the last 3 months did)..

Having to play every game , and pretty much have to win every one..all of a sudden becomes unsustainable....That 1-0 loss to the Red Wings is really illuminated now.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
First period had to be near the worst period of the year. Made manifest how short of a good team or playoff team we really are.

Lots of players were poor and many flat out bad. Some of most awful included:

OEL - so much puck watching and seemingly always behind the way

Myers - terrible. Got beat at the blue line consistently, moved off the puck around the net, and when he tried to move up ice left his zone wide open. When defending players going wide he let the player get around him and go to the net while he skated himself entirely out of the play by going behind the net. (kind of Joulevi specialty) Garbage the last two games

Horvat - speed too fast for him in this game. Couldn't skate well enough to get back in transition

Demko - just got aired out. Giving up lots of room both short and long side. Only Calgary missing wide open nets kept the score down some.

Hamonic - Him and Hunt exposed all game. Trending very badly after some decent play.

Pettersson - seems to think he has all day to make a play. Frequently stripped which led to huge chances for the Flames

Give credit to the Lammikko line for their work but that's about all they had going.

Time to recognize this team is going no where this year and they should sell off what they can. That's if anyone still interested in some of the so-called tradeable commodities we have on the team. Really have to be looking at Boeser, Myers, the lead footed Horvat as dead weight salary burdens long term.

Benning left us in a terrible position (sold off the future to have team not good enough for the playoffs, and not bad enough to gain a top draft choice) We got nothing appreciably coming to help the team and low expectations we can get anything from pick deleted drafts in the near term. We are in the worst position a team can be in terms of becoming anything like a top tier team. Benning's craven stupidity will take years to overcome. We are very likely to see more games like tonight's in next few seasons.

Only by ripping it down have we got a chance to be truly competitive and with the dim witted ownership we have that is unlikely.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
since 19/20 off season

Calgary
adds Coleman Jarnkrok Toffoli Tanev Zadorov Gudbranson Markstrom in place of Bennett Frolik Reider Giordano Brodie Hamonic Rittich
Mangiapane and Kylington broke out
Monahan went south

Vancouver
adds Garland Podkolzin Hoglander Chiasson OEL Hamonic Schenn in place of Toffoli Sutter Gaudette Virtanen Edler Tanev Stecher
Nobody broke out
Boeser Pettersson went south

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Team wasn't good, deserved to lose. But my god... that was some beer league level reffing. Blatant holding the stick non-calls right in front of their faces, lol just so bad.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I think way to much is being made of Halaks comments. As Bieksa said he is probably more pissed he won’t be playing tomorrow, and I like that he is pissed about that.
Nah I think it’s appropriate. Halak is very unlikable right now. Bruce didn’t even defend him or explain/redirect it in the post game. It wasn’t nothing.

Reactions: David71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad