Confirmed Trade: [FLA/COL] Derrick Brassard and a conditional 2020 6th round pick for 2020 3rd round pick

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
wow, good deal for Colorado. Not that I think highly of Brassard, but he's had a rough season and a half and maybe he can help Colorado get some more secondary scoring.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
This is good insulation while Jost continues to adjust to being a proper center.
If the Avs do end up having to play playoff style hockey, Soda is going to end up getting those tough shutdown matchups again on a de facto 3rd line.
Brassard should fill that 2nd line role adequately enough.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Why you gotta bring up our drafting after the first round? It makes me sad and I try to bury those feelings deep inside.
If Greer becomes even a 4th line NHL player, he'll become the most successful non 1st round selection since ROR/Barrie, ten years ago.

2 picks for an irrelevant player? Excellent deal for Florida.

No we get a pick too, Florida just get the 3rd.

Reactions: Lemonlimey and cgf

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs really did well on this deal.

Sending the 3rd round pick is for next year, so they can load up this draft. The 6th Round pick is nice bonus as well.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

ijuka

May 14, 2016
But man, if they give Brassard and a 6th for a 3rd, then that essentially means that they only got value of a ~7th round pick back, because the value of a 3rd and 6th are quite similar.

Reactions: Meeqs

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I love the fact that a travel coordinator was involved. The Panthers are playing the Avs tonight in Colorado. What does the coordinator have to do, show him down the hall to the nicer home locker-room? :laugh:

Reactions: Meeqs and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's not like the Avs went all out to make themselves better. Might actually be wise. The cavalry is coming in the form of draft picks, but they must be getting tired of waiting to be good.

Crazy talk, if we ever started to actually be good then we could fail & end up disappointed. If you're always "2 years away" then we never have to stop fantasizing about what could be. Let your potential forever remain potential...

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Watch him produce playing with Jost and Landeskog. We finally found who were the leechers in that top line :sarcasm:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Here is the list of former CBJ players who have now played for the Avs under the watch of Joe Sakic:

- Derek Brassard
- Ian Cole
- Matt Calvert
- Blake Comeau
- Nick Holden
- Jan Hejda
- Fedor Tyutin
- Andrew Bodnarchuk
- Cody Goloubef
- Rene Bourque
- Nate Guenin
- Jake Skille

I'm probably missing a couple. + Our assistant GM and coach were pilfered from the Jackets. Sakic loves Blue Jackets.

It's easier than hiring our own scouts :dunno:

Reactions: Mac Attack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad