Confirmed Trade: [FLA/COL] Derrick Brassard and a conditional 2020 6th round pick for 2020 3rd round pick

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ooof, that's....yikes for Florida. Like holy cow, that's really bad.

I know Brassard has had a bad year this year, but you really only could get a 3rd for him? I guess teams have really soured on him.
Brassard is just not very good.

Reactions: cgf

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Well he may step in as our #2 center in terms of line arrangement but he's definitely not going to be our second best center. That'll be Soda still, by a mile.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Man, Boyle got traded for a 2nd.

I prefer Brassard. He is proven playoff performer as well. He still is a good center.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I wasn't wanting Colorado to add at the deadline but I am quite happy with this deal. He could be a flop but he could turn it on and really help us out. Cheap price for a shot at it.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Would’ve been a nice get for the Blues for that cheap price. Need some semblance of scoring with Schenn and Perron both out.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
:laugh: Joe is too predictable. We've been joking about this all season on HFavs, so of course this is the move Sakic makes once finally up from his coma.

Guess we should start praying that Brassard doesn't like Denver...
This is the most obvious deal ever. He's a ****ing former Columbus Blue Jacket. Our assistant GM is a former CBJ staff. Our coach comes from the CBJ organization. We've had a ton of players under Sakic's watch from CBJ. Of course they target another former Jacket.

Former Jacket & former Sen, plus he's fallen off hard over the past two seasons. It's like the hockey gods created him to tempt Joe.

Reactions: MacBradley

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
That sixth rounder is coincidentally only the sixth draft pick which Joe Sakic has managed to acquire in the six years that he's been Colorado GM.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It’s funny because every Avalanche fan knew this would happen. Just didn’t expect the return would be to move from the 3rd to the 6th. Good deal.

Sakic always gets his guy lol.

Reactions: cgf and AslanRH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad