Fitness and Nutrition, Rep VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Missed last 3 days, mother is not doing well and I have been visiting every evening after work. I need to adjust my routine to go at 530 am, but I really struggle getting up this early because I'm a bit of a night owl. Somehow I need to break this routine of staying up until 2 am.

Reactions: DAChampion

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Missed last 3 days, mother is not doing well and I have been visiting every evening after work. I need to adjust my routine to go at 530 am, but I really struggle getting up this early because I'm a bit of a night owl. Somehow I need to break this routine of staying up until 2 am.
Sorry to hear, hope she recovers.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Don't feel bad and don't be hard on yourself. Just keep giving your mom as much time as you can, you're doing the right thing.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I know its stupid and if its short term, its not the best idea, but whenever I had to change my routine i just dont sleep at all until I have to. You basically reset your system. Another good lifehack ive found is to go on a backpacking trip. You hike all day, go to bed once it goes dark at like 8 and wake up at 6. Bam just like that. But I realize that is probably not an option.

Alternatively, put your life on hold for your mom.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I know its stupid and if its short term, its not the best idea, but whenever I had to change my routine i just dont sleep at all until I have to. You basically reset your system. Another good lifehack ive found is to go on a backpacking trip. You hike all day, go to bed once it goes dark at like 8 and wake up at 6. Bam just like that. But I realize that is probably not an option.

Alternatively, put your life on hold for your mom.
Ya I would definitely advise against not sleeping Loll
You can halt the training, it's not like there is a career potential event that needs serious attention...it's just recreational training. Haha

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You can halt the training, it's not like there is a career potential event that needs serious attention...it's just recreational training. Haha
Ive done that when I was between jobs. Going from a 530 am job to a 930am one is huge. The first day was disgusting, but its the quickest way Ive found.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Yeah, the not sleeping at all idea isn't for me. I understand what he is saying, but I'll get back to my routine. I am going to go Saturday/Sunday because I'll have plenty of time and I am going to try to adjust my routine for a 530am start time on Monday. I don't anticipate a quick recovery here, so I might as well adjust my routine.

I'd love to say I'm getting up at 5am tomorrow, but I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ive done that when I was between jobs. Going from a 530 am job to a 930am one is huge. The first day was disgusting, but its the quickest way Ive found.
I used to coach classes at 5h15am twice per week when I first moved to Hong Kong. Needless to say, I hated every single client who signed up for that timeslot. I was in such a daze..
I would have a couple hours off around 9-10am, so would rush back for nap, but it was just crap. It's like being on a constant jetleg.
Right now though, I go in to work at my own pace. I use an alarm clock once per month to make sure I wake up early for the monthly manager meetings, at 10h30am. Otherwise, I wake up naturally on my own, been like that for a year and it's just marvelous.
Wake up around 8h30-9h30..read the news in bed, mess around HF for a bit, get ready, then leave my place around 10-11. Get to work, set up my top things for the day to work on, then go get a coffee down the street...
Come back...do about 1-3h of work...then workout for about 1h-1h30...grab some lunch...back to work for couple hours...go shower...another hour or two of work..
Life is pretty freaking good.

For the record, work is..planning Powerlifting event, participating in Fitness Festival in HK, recruiting top coaches from all over the world (we had MMA projects, interviewed some Hall of Famers..boxing/mma coaches working for Brazil Top Team, Couture Xtreme), etc...
Also, discussing fitness on HF I consider as part of research development at my work..:)

Life is pretty freaking good for me right now...
Wow that took a left turn...my bad.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I used to coach classes at 5h15am twice per week when I first moved to Hong Kong. Needless to say, I hated every single client who signed up for that timeslot. I was in such a daze..
I would have a couple hours off around 9-10am, so would rush back for nap, but it was just crap. It's like being on a constant jetleg.
Right now though, I go in to work at my own pace. I use an alarm clock once per month to make sure I wake up early for the monthly manager meetings, at 10h30am. Otherwise, I wake up naturally on my own, been like that for a year and it's just marvelous.
Wake up around 8h30-9h30..read the news in bed, mess around HF for a bit, get ready, then leave my place around 10-11. Get to work, set up my top things for the day to work on, then go get a coffee down the street...
Come back...do about 1-3h of work...then workout for about 1h-1h30...grab some lunch...back to work for couple hours...go shower...another hour or two of work..
Life is pretty freaking good.

For the record, work is..planning Powerlifting event, participating in Fitness Festival in HK, recruiting top coaches from all over the world (we had MMA projects, interviewed some Hall of Famers..boxing/mma coaches working for Brazil Top Team, Couture Xtreme), etc...
Also, discussing fitness I consider as part of research development at my work..:)

Life is pretty freaking good for me right now...
Wow that took a left turn...my bad.
Living that dere life.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Ed Coan is doing hands on teaching and Q&A at SSP barbell... man Im thinking hard about going.

He does clinics in a lot of places. Places where your money would be going in better pockets than that gym.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Got back to the gym this morning. Did a little over 4 miles, didn't really feel like I missed any sessions. I actually felt really good, might have needed a bit of rest. Going to do cardio again tomorrow and then get back into my strength routine on Monday at 5am. I can do it, just need to go to bed earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad