Fitness and Nutrition, Rep VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I seized my SI joint deadlifting. Felt a pop, immense pain and dropped the weight and was frozen for a bit. After resting it a few days and skipping deadlifts for a month or so, I went back at it and same thing happened, only this time it unfroze the joint. I was back to normal!
Waaay

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I stopped training after my abdominal hernia surgery, it was required.

I then had a month or more of travel in Italy (Padova), Germany (Heidelberg), Santiago and Pucon (Chile,), during which I ate a lot. Amazing pastries and pizza in Italy, bread in Germany, and then dulce de leche and meat (beef) in Chile. Alcohol evetywhere. Beer and wine, not liquor.

I also dealt with a lot of stress. I gave five different talks at three conferences and two departments in a month. I've finally submitted the largest academic paper that I have written, it's 35 pages. I've been applying for professor positions.

I finally had the balls to step on the scale yesterday morning. I braced myself to see 200 lbs. I was not looking forward to it, but being aware of reality is the first step to accepting it and dealing with it.

It said 185 lbs, and I was f***ing relieved.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I stopped training after my abdominal hernia surgery, it was required.

I then had a month or more of travel in Italy (Padova), Germany (Heidelberg), Santiago and Pucon (Chile,), during which I ate a lot. Amazing pastries and pizza in Italy, bread in Germany, and then dulce de leche and meat (beef) in Chile. Alcohol evetywhere. Beer and wine, not liquor.

I also dealt with a lot of stress. I gave five different talks at three conferences and two departments in a month. I've finally submitted the largest academic paper that I have written, it's 35 pages. I've been applying for professor positions.

I finally had the balls to step on the scale yesterday morning. I braced myself to see 200 lbs. I was not looking forward to it, but being aware of reality is the first step to accepting it and dealing with it.

It said 185 lbs, and I was ****ing relieved.
When can you start training again?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
One guy who trains lots of people told me there lies the problem on my squat as well. Incorporated some safety bar split squats to work it out. Will try and include front squats now.
Split squats are fine, but they dont add a lot of strength, keep them, but dont rely on them to strengthen your quads, theres no way around it, your going to have to load weight on your back and suffer. Front squats, closer stance squats/hack/leg press should be staple in your training. Up the volume, up the frequency.

I started training legs seriously about two years ago, prior to that, it was a once every two weeks affair, I shit you not, my strength nearly doubled once I started being semi serious about it. Plus, now i love squatting, its probably my favorite day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad