OT: Fitness and Nutrition IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Basically you should set your 1RM, either by using the conversion formula from a previous PR (Worse) or by just testing it (Better).

From there, you use your PR in each exercises to set your intensity.

Say your bench PR is 100 pounds, youll use 55, 65 and 75 pounds on a light day.
The intensity varies for accessories and conditioning too. Typically, youll go harder on accessories when youre going lighter on the competition lifts. You just have to follow the set intensity, and plug in percentages for the competition competition lifts. For the accessories and conditioning you will decide intuitively. Generally sticking to 15-10 reps, 10-6 and 6-3 yields good results for L,M,H.

Theres also room for more exercise or sets as this template was used for my five day split, if you ever need more.

This is a monthly cycle, which means you usually deload at the end and go right back in, or if you are daring, skip to a deload every two months. I could handle a deload every two cycle with four days but not five, my knees were spent.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Basically you should set your 1RM, either by using the conversion formula from a previous PR (Worse) or by just testing it (Better).

From there, you use your PR in each exercises to set your intensity.

Say your bench PR is 100 pounds, youll use 55, 65 and 75 pounds on a light day.
The intensity varies for accessories and conditioning too. Typically, youll go harder on accessories when youre going lighter on the competition lifts. You just have to follow the set intensity, and plug in percentages for the competition competition lifts. For the accessories and conditioning you will decide intuitively. Generally sticking to 15-10 reps, 10-6 and 6-3 yields good results for L,M,H.

Theres also room for more exercise or sets as this template was used for my five day split, if you ever need more.

This is a monthly cycle, which means you usually deload at the end and go right back in, or if you are daring, skip to a deload every two months. I could handle a deload every two cycle with four days but not five, my knees were spent.

Oooookay, I get it now. Nice program.

Reactions: Mrb1p

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Anyone know where you can find and try exercise bikes that have no seat? (In Montreal)

I'm referring to types like this:

crop_Spirit690_cherrieusing_25.JPG

Not these:

999999-815749010803.jpg

The places off the top of my head don't have it listed on their website so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Anyone know where you can find and try exercise bikes that have no seat? (In Montreal)

I'm referring to types like this:

crop_Spirit690_cherrieusing_25.JPG

Not these:

999999-815749010803.jpg

The places off the top of my head don't have it listed on their website so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions.

Why no seat? All I know is Krank Cycle, but that has a seat...although I've seen men do it standing.
13014_0_1.jpg

Check out Matrix equipment, they do that machine.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

7:25 Clarence talks about his choice to go vegan... If every vegan was like that the whole world would be much better.

Baboumian keeps trying to catch Clarence in the vegan spiral and make him claim it's a magic diet but Clarence never falls for it. Good man.

Kinda sad that Clarence would associate himself with this hack and the documentary because he's actually genuine and very respectable as a person, the rest of the magic spinach crew, meh.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think I'm going to try a one or two days/week training program, if that exists.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

7:25 Clarence talks about his choice to go vegan... If every vegan was like that the whole world would be much better.

Baboumian keeps trying to catch Clarence in the vegan spiral and make him claim it's a magic diet but Clarence never falls for it. Good man.

Kinda sad that Clarence would associate himself with this hack and the documentary because he's actually genuine and very respectable as a person, the rest of the magic spinach crew, meh.

Yup..unfortunate the vegan community have such poor messengers. Their delivery sucks 90% of the time.

Surprised how Babou doesnt really much about oly lifting.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

I thought it was a great interview, big fans of both gentlemen.

Interesting to hear why Clarence doesn’t compete, and it makes sense. I think that’s the first time he answered that question as many folks have wondered why a guy who is obviously an elite world class lifter, and who is completely focused on Olympic weight lifting, doesn’t want to compete.

Also interested to see his progression into powerlifting as he said he’d do as he gets older. I think he’s going to put up some insane numbers once he focuses on it. The numbers he’s putting up now are insane anyway and he’s not even training for them and still only 26.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Interesting to hear why Clarence doesn’t compete, and it makes sense. I think that’s the first time he answered that question as many folks have wondered why a guy who is obviously an elite world class lifter, and who is completely focused on Olympic weight lifting, doesn’t want to compete.

Is it because he can't pass a piss test?

Also interested to see his progression into powerlifting as he said he’d do as he gets older. I think he’s going to put up some insane numbers once he focuses on it. The numbers he’s putting up now are insane anyway and he’s not even training for them and still only 26.

Me too, there are some other guys from olympic weightlifting who I think would do an amazing job in powerlifting.

880, beltless and fast as f***. Extremely strong presser as well. There's another video of him doing 140kg for like 10 reps military press.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Is it because he can't pass a piss test?

Me too, there are some other guys from olympic weightlifting who I think would do an amazing job in powerlifting.

880, beltless and fast as ****. Extremely strong presser as well. There's another video of him doing 140kg for like 10 reps military press.

He basically states that it isn't fair how certain countries don't test their athletes, while other countries do. And if you look at the athletes dominating Olympic weight lifting, they are all from the countries that don't test their athletes.

And that was a mighty friendly spot that big bald fella received lol

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Hes on PEDs year round, its a lot different than cycling them for two or three meets a year.

Also his numbers arent that close to the top of the class, as he says himself.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He basically states that it isn't fair how certain countries don't test their athletes, while other countries do. And if you look at the athletes dominating Olympic weight lifting, they are all from the countries that don't test their athletes.

And that was a mighty friendly spot that big bald fella received lol
Every olympian gets tested. Americans just have UsADA on top.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
They don't get year round testing though
False. IFs are required to keep whereabouts on every top level athletes in their federation and they can get tested at any tine. DCS shares everything with WADA.

What you mention is true for lower level athletes, as they are mostly tested near or around a competition or at a fixed date in the season.

Reactions: NotProkofievian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad