OT: Fitness and Nutrition IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
@Mrb1p Yeah I just went on Bumble and as expected the average quality is astronomically higher than on badoo. Hopefully I get some action for the week-end but with my profile being new it might take a few days to get going.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Well boys, 15 minutes in on Bumble and...

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Reactions: Beville

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
PPL can’t really be done in a 4 day split but how about a hybrid

Push/Pull/Rest/Lower/Upper/Rest/Rest

Or you can do just Push/Pull twice a week each with squats on push and DLs on pull

I was thinking something like

Monday (Push/Legs)
Squat
Bench
Shoulder press
Dips
Leg Press

Tuesday (Pull)
Deadlift
Pulldowns
Pull-ins
Dumbell Row
Biceps
Abs

Wednesday (off)

Thursday (Push)
Incline bench
Flyes/Cable crossovers
Decline bench
Triceps
Abs

Friday (Pull/Legs)
Squat
Seated cable row
T bar row
Pullups
RDL

I just always do delt work, since the medial and rear delts don't really get hit by all the compound stuff and they heal quickly.

The idea for upper/lower would be something like horizontal and vertical push/pull dominant for two exercises each, and then arms/delts/abs. Lower would be one day quad dominant, and the next would be ham/glute dominant.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
@Mrb1p upper/lower or PPL 4 day per week program?
PPL is better but exercise specific would be even better.

Use your four days for the big four
Squat
Bench
Off
Dead
OHP or press variation

I ran this for like 2 years and made great progress with it. Eventually I added in another squat day because it wasnt enough volume for my quads, but its great overall.

If you want the template PM a @ and I can send it to you.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

Monday (Push/Legs)
Squat
Bench
Shoulder press
Dips
Leg Press

Tuesday (Pull)
Deadlift
Pulldowns
Pull-ins
Dumbell Row
Biceps
Abs

Wednesday (off)

Thursday (Push)
Incline bench
Flyes/Cable crossovers
Decline bench
Triceps
Abs

Friday (Pull/Legs)
Squat
Seated cable row
T bar row
Pullups
RDL

I just always do delt work, since the medial and rear delts don't really get hit by all the compound stuff and they heal quickly.

The idea for upper/lower would be something like horizontal and vertical push/pull dominant for two exercises each, and then arms/delts/abs. Lower would be one day quad dominant, and the next would be ham/glute dominant.
Looks pretty good to me, though I usually do 2 heavy compounds per workout. So id have something like

Monday
Squat
Bench
(Accessory push)

Tuesday
DeadLifts
Weighted pull-ups
(Accessory pull)

Rest

Thursday
ShoulderPress
Weighted Dips
(Accessory push)

Friday
Squats
Pendlay Rows
(Accessory pull)
RDLs

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I was the same. I even started dating online before dating sites existed (as far as I know). I went on random chat rooms and managed to get dates out of this. It was extremely time-consuming however. In my defense, I was an adolescent so this was my only objective in life.

Actually, I feel like the online dating scene is worse than it used to be. Feels too centralized now, too mainstream with too many people on it, which is counterintuitively bad. Maybe before it became mainstream people on dating sites were more open-minded on average, I don't know. Also I feel like you could have more of an edge in the old system, writing good messages or having good MSN convos with the woman. So many little tricks yo ucould use that you can't on Tinder-like apps. Obviously I was one of the pionners of sending copy/pasted messages to 100 women. And yeah, you learn the hard way not to forget to change the name.

From 2000 to 2014 or so online dating was indeed a goldmine. I couldn't help but laugh at the social stigma surrounding it as I was hitting one bomb after another. Now it's just mainstream. Still good, but not as good IMO. Or maybe I'm just older (30s).
Yep...my first online date was via MIRC. How bout them apples.

I agree that its worst today. I got on tinder did a bit but stopped...felt so weird...like, factory dating. Dating out of a magazine.
I guess you can say it was the same before but it was different. It wasnt so easily accessible. Or maybe I just got tired of it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Monday (Push/Legs)
Squat
Bench
Shoulder press
Dips
Leg Press

Tuesday (Pull)
Deadlift
Pulldowns
Pull-ins
Dumbell Row
Biceps
Abs

Wednesday (off)

Thursday (Push)
Incline bench
Flyes/Cable crossovers
Decline bench
Triceps
Abs

Friday (Pull/Legs)
Squat
Seated cable row
T bar row
Pullups
RDL

Dont think I'd follow this structure. What's the rep scheme? Not sure you'd recover from that monday with 4 major compound lifts.

What's your objective with this?

Reactions: DAChampion

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Yep...my first online date was via MIRC. How bout them apples.

I agree that its worst today. I got on tinder did a bit but stopped...felt so weird...like, factory dating. Dating out of a magazine.
I guess you can say it was the same before but it was different. It wasnt so easily accessible. Or maybe I just got tired of it.

Exactly, factory dating ! You nailed it.

True that it's not so clear whether things got worst or we got burned out. Maybe both.

You're right that it wasn't as accessible. There was a "craft" side to it that isn't there anymore.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
In all seriousness I wish that I had started online dating in 2005, or something, and gotten more fun times and more experience with women at a younger age. I was a sheltered kid and a big nerd who didn't groom properly and didn't recognize social skills, so I missed out on a lot. Sometimes I'm still playing catch up.

I had a breakup recently that really disappointed me, it's been tough to not text her and to not contact her. Part of me just wants to know how she's doing, but I'm ignoring that, at least for now. The breakup may have been partly due to lack of life experiences on my part, I kind of goofed.

I was able to distract myself this week by visiting a place with a lot of brilliant people. I had some wonderful intellectual interactions. Also some intimidating ones. Some of those people were on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad