#FireEveryone - Habs lose 2-1

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
You just need to ignore what 15 year old know it all Bruin and Leafs fans say here.. I used to get sucked into their troll attempts but now I just ignore the whole lot of them and their BS. That and ignoring quite a few Hab fans here as made HF a much better place.. :)

Good advice. Sometimes I try to explain something and then get personally attacked for it. My favourite is explaining unwritten rules in the game you learn from playing and then get bashed for being an "idiot."

It's entertaining at the end of the day but also frustrating. But then again I'm not sure why I'd expect any different, I tried to play Call of Duty online before and it's essentially the general boards with microphones. Unplayable.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
BfgFLDvCIAAsgpi.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Saku was the heart and soul of the city and team and Kovalev was that game breaker up front that we don't have anymore.

The team had nice balance and just ran into a team in Philly that they coudln't beat. Historically awful against them. Too bad, felt like somethign special that year.

Difference between then and now is talent. We have plenty of talent back then. Kovy and Kostitsyn have their flaws but they had talent and size.

Now we are just small, talentless and boring.

Kovy played his first game for the Habs 10 years ago... and it's sad that this team hasn't really progressed since.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The one thing I don't understand is why Subban circled around for 30 seconds. He could have easily entered the zone, blown the play deliberately offside, and saved 30 seconds. Once the play is dead, the players can all join and help Gallagher out, and it saves wasting 30 seconds in the final minutes of the game when you're down by one.

Mistake on Subban's part as well.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Like the more knowledgable folks in here point out too many rookies on a team is a difficult situationto be in.
On the Jets first goal Thomas,Bournival and Beaulieu all on ice at same time.
I call on Bergevin and Moulson to disciple Therrien immediately.
And while they are at it please get us a goalscorer!!!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Difference between then and now is talent. We have plenty of talent back then. Kovy and Kostitsyn have their flaws but they had talent and size.

Now we are just small, talentless and boring.

Kovy played his first game for the Habs 10 years ago... and it's sad that this team hasn't really progressed since.

Swapping Kovalev, Koivu, Higgins and McDonaugh for Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri was a mistake and a stupid thing to do.

Gainey essentially changed the leadership group and killed the respect that Koivu brought to the organization.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
The one thing I don't understand is why Subban circled around for 30 seconds. He could have easily entered the zone, blown the play deliberately offside, and saved 30 seconds. Once the play is dead, the players can all join and help Gallagher out, and it saves wasting 30 seconds in the final minutes of the game when you're down by one.

Its not like Subban knew Gallagher got pushed, punched and tripped like that. He had a puck to protect and was concentrating on that. Also, provoking a deliberate offside is like icing the puck with 30 seconds left in the game, the face-off goes back in your zone. You don't want a face-off back in your own zone with 30 seconds left in the game and risking losing possession of the puck.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Good advice. Sometimes I try to explain something and then get personally attacked for it. My favourite is explaining unwritten rules in the game you learn from playing and then get bashed for being an "idiot."

It's entertaining at the end of the day but also frustrating. But then again I'm not sure why I'd expect any different, I tried to play Call of Duty online before and it's essentially the general boards with microphones. Unplayable.

All those Leaf and Bruin fans getting on Gallagher would take him on their teams in a heartbeat even if they say they wouldn't.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Its funny how something as obvious as that Gallagher thing turns into a Habs bash fest on the main boards. It is literally impossible for fans from Boston or Toronto to not just bash MTL and troll fans even when they are clearly wrong.

In the same mold, what if it had been Kadri knocked down like Gallagher was. Would the Habs poster's feelings on the play be the same as they are for Gallagher?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Go deliberately offside so that we can start the breakout in our own zone.....?

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
People arguing about regular season goaltending are silly. Goalies earn their coin in the playoffs. I don't care how Price plays. If he gets it done in the playoffs I can overlook games like this one.

How do you suppose Price gets it done in the playoffs without a compentent team in front of him? Would you like him to score, fight and be the PP QB as well?

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. This fan base gets dumber by the season.

I pray Price and Subban leave so I can actually follow a team where the fan base hasn't gone full Pejorative Slur.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Swapping Kovalev, Koivu, Higgins and McDonaugh for Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri was a mistake and a stupid thing to do.

Gainey essentially changed the leadership group and killed the respect that Koivu brought to the organization.

Remember when we once had this line up

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Latendresse
S.Kost-Lang-A.Kost
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Begin

Not saying that we should have kept them all since half of them are not in the NHL but damn that was a good line up. If only Gainey didn't decide to make a complete makeover that off-season.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
30 seconds left and the Habs flubbed every PP coming into the game. Like it would've made a difference.

Therrien isn't going anywhere and we're going to have to soak it all in.

Maybe not but your wise comment was about a play that came after the final whistle, once the game was OVER.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Its not like Subban knew Gallagher got pushed, punched and tripped like that. He had a puck to protect and was concentrating on that. Also, provoking a deliberate offside is like icing the puck with 30 seconds left in the game, the face-off goes back in your zone. You don't want a face-off back in your own zone with 30 seconds left in the game and risking losing possession of the puck.

Go deliberately offside so that we can start the breakout in our own zone.....?

It's better than the alternative.

Go deliberately off-side to kill the play, and win a face-off in the defensive zone and break out with 37 seconds left..

Versus:

Circle around center ice for the last thirty seconds of the game and lose the game.

???

NewHabsEra*

Habs didnt play bad last 2 games despite the losses.. The transition was good, the work ethic was there, our defensive pairings clicking, we generated alot of speed and the passes were crisp and accurate, we could have won both games with a bit more luck but our lack of pure skills and finish up front is really hurting us.. Price let in 2 bad goals today, he is rarely the reason we lose but today was an exception..

Blame the coaching staff as much as you want, without Galchenyuk we are a pretty average team, with Galchenyuk I like our chances to make the playoffs better..

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
People arguing about regular season goaltending are silly. Goalies earn their coin in the playoffs. I don't care how Price plays. If he gets it done in the playoffs I can overlook games like this one.

I get your point but I wouldnt call regular season goaltending is irrelevent. If your goalie doesn't do the job in the regular season, some team won't even make it to the playoffs, like the Habs this season. Without Price's performance this season, Im pretty sure we would be out of a playoffs spot.

But yes I agree that his performance in the regular season would be quickly forgotten if Price doesn't play elite like in the upcoming playoff, if we make it.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Like the more knowledgable folks in here point out too many rookies on a team is a difficult situationto be in.
On the Jets first goal Thomas,Bournival and Beaulieu all on ice at same time.
I call on Bergevin and Moulson to disciple Therrien immediately.
And while they are at it please get us a goalscorer!!!

Therrien already has disciples...all work for RDS.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
What a ***** coach! How many times we could have done something, especially in a PP situation , to win this ****ing game!!!! Do we have to watch this ****MT so called **********coach, a mindless piece of ********* shi* do time after time **** up the power play. WILL IT TAKE A ***%$@#$ TIMES OF PP ADVANTAGE SITUATIONS TO FINALLY REALIZE THAT ****^^&*HEAD DESHARNAIS IS TOTALLY USELESS on this team ON THE PP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????? What kind of a person in any capacity of mgmt whether it is running a ****&^* shoestore or whatever, would you put a failing method repeatedly out there, especially with HABSNATION watching this and knowing a change is in ORDER!!!! wHAT THE **** IS DD OUT THERE FOR? The only thing is that DD must have compromizing pictures of MT WITH A GOAT! There must be a standing order among any team that comes in to the Bell Center NOT TO TOUCH OR HURT DD IN ANY WAY WAY. They do not want this guy hurt because they want him on the ****** ing ice to play as many minutes as possible because he is so *****ing USELESS!!!! And they must LAFF because MT will put him in the game! You could dress DD in nothing but a pair of shorts, skates gloves and give him a stick for thirty minutes a game and he would not have a mark on him at the end of the game because he does not get involved and mainly no other team in their right mind would want to injure him because as long our Habs are braindead enough to give him any ice time whatsoever, it benefits the the opposition. Anyone who disagrees is drinking the same koolaid as MT! What could of been done differently today you ask, ELLER ON THE FRIGGIN PP!!! My solution you ask? Before the game send someone out on the ice and throw a FRISBEE INTO THE CROWD AND WHO EVER CATCHES THE ****IN THING GETS TO COACH THE TEAM FOR THAT GAME!! Has to be more intelligenty that what we are getting now!! I am a diehard Habs fan for fifty years and am finally coming to Montreal for the first time ever come March 1. We are from Sask. Hope Therrien is run out of town by then!!!!!

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site

A deliberate offside can take the faceoff back into your own zone. I'm not sure that is what the team would want.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
How do you suppose Price gets it done in the playoffs without a compentent team in front of him? Would you like him to score, fight and be the PP QB as well?

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. This fan base gets dumber by the season.

I pray Price and Subban leave so I can actually follow a team where the fan base hasn't gone full Pejorative Slur.

Sometimes I feel like fans are Carey Price fans 1st and Habs fans 2nd. I've never seen a player be excused at every turn for poor play. Nothing is ever Carey's fault to some "fans".

It's comical. How did this discussion even start? A bunch of emotional fanboys got upset because someone criticized Price on 2 bad goals. He let in 2 bad goals and some flew in here to criticize everyone else on the team. What a joke.

While you're praying please pray for some sense.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I get your point but I wouldnt call regular season goaltending is irrelevent. If your goalie doesn't do the job in the regular season, some team won't even make it to the playoffs, like the Habs this season. Without Price's performance this season, Im pretty sure we would be out of a playoffs spot.

But yes I agree that his performance in the regular season would be quickly forgotten if Price doesn't play elite like in the upcoming playoff, if we make it.

Yes. It's not completely irrelevant but IMO I judge goalies based on playoffs. Yea, regular season is good and all....but show me something in the playoffs if you want the elite tag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad