#FireEveryone - Habs lose 2-1

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
All the stats out there and this hits home for me. We aren't even mediocre, and then we get to watch Bogosian man handle pleks and gio.

Transitional years suck.

Especially when they have no idea how to use those transitional years....But then, as some clealry believes in this board, we are suppose to be 1 or 2 pieces away. That's it. If some believes it here and we are a pretty negative bunch, can't imagine who this management sees this.....they probably think we're as great as the Hawks and the Bruins.....and the only thing separating us from them is our ability to follow DA GAMEPLAN.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
rask is elite.price is not.funny how the bruins manage to have success without any scorers in the top 30.strange indeed.

Funny how the Bruin have a much better defensive game than Mtl.

You are clueless.

The only reason the Habs are in a playoff spot right now is because of Price.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Especially when they have no idea how to use those transitional years....But then, as some clealry believes in this board, we are suppose to be 1 or 2 pieces away. That's it. If some believes it here and we are a pretty negative bunch, can't imagine who this management sees this.....they probably think we're as great as the Hawks and the Bruins.....and the only thing separating us from them is our ability to follow DA GAMEPLAN.
My biggest concern.

Wasted a great opportunity in the offseason and I see nothing on the horizon that anything's going to be different going forward. Our coach keeps talking about how nothing's wrong and the media bubble in Quebec reinforces that we're doing the right things...

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
bruins have 1 player in the top 30(krejci 29th).and 2 in the top 60(smith 53 rd).

They have many guys that can score. They have the 5th best offense in the league. Who cares if they only have 1 guy in the top 30?

What does it have to do with Price and Rask anyway?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
They have many guys that can score. They have the 5th best offense in the league. Who cares if they only have 1 guy in the top 30?

What does it have to do with Price and Rask anyway?

I think his point is that both Price and Rask gets the same offensive support because both team dont have anyone in the top 30 in scoring which is a ridiculously stupid argument.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Wisniewski would be 2nd on the team in points. (33pts)
Cammalleri would be 4th on the team for goals. (13g)
Eller has the same amount of points as Pouliot. (20pts)
Cole is tied for 3rd on our team for goals. (14g)

I'd only take the Wiz.

Luckily,
Doug Murray (-13) has a better +/- than Lecavalier (-15).
Ryane Clowe (13pts) only has three more points than Moen (10pts) and Bryan Bickell has one less (9pts).

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Team can't score 5 on 5 and PP and yet some people still blame Price for the loss and qualify his performance as brutal despite posting a sv% of 0,943.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Yeah we need a new coach but we still need help offensively, we won't win too many games when we score only 1 goal. Those non-calls at the end were mind boggling though, only part I caught of the game at work. Can I have a neutral review of the game?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
We just don't have the team to play the style that we're playing. I don't always agree with PJ Stock but he was right in saying if we play a tight defensive style that tries to box out the other teams, it won't work cause we don't have the guys to pull it off. We should use our speed.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Wisniewski would be 2nd on the team in points. (33pts)
Cammalleri would be 4th on the team for goals. (13g)
Eller has the same amount of points as Pouliot. (20pts)
Cole is tied for 3rd on our team for goals. (14g)

I'd only take the Wiz.

Luckily,
Doug Murray (-13) has a better +/- than Lecavalier (-15).
Ryane Clowe (13pts) only has three more points than Moen (10pts) and Bryan Bickell has one less (9pts).

I would take a line of Cammalleri - Eller/Galchenyuk - Gallagher over the hot garbage we've put together. Then you put Pacioretty with a good centre, i.e., Plekanec, and maybe more than one line can contribute.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
True. Carbo may be a terrible coach, but that 2007-2008 team was the most entertaining team we had for a while. 7 players with 50+ points. We might not even have one this season.
Man... I remember thinking that Subban had a shot at maybe cracking 70 points and now we're wondering if he'll hit 50.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
We just don't have the team to play the style that we're playing. I don't always agree with PJ Stock but he was right in saying if we play a tight defensive style that tries to box out the other teams, it won't work cause we don't have the guys to pull it off. We should use our speed.

What speed? Just because the team is small, it doesn't mean that the team is fast.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You can ague that both Rask and Price are elite, it's why they both are going to Olympics. Now the difference is Price at the Olympics will have a better supporting cast than Rask will. I bet Price can win more games when he has a team that can score goals.

Why do people use arguments such as the above ?

I mean, logically, you do understand that it means nothing right?

I mean, canada is weak in net comparatively to the past, and it just doesn't matter who's best for who's country..

I just hate when people use completely illogical arguments to try to win points.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Its funny how something as obvious as that Gallagher thing turns into a Habs bash fest on the main boards. It is literally impossible for fans from Boston or Toronto to not just bash MTL and troll fans even when they are clearly wrong.

The internet can be so great and so ridiculous at the same time.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
True. Carbo may be a terrible coach, but that 2007-2008 team was the most entertaining team we had for a while. 7 players with 50+ points. We might not even have one this season.

Don't get me started I loved that team. Coming back from a 5-0 deficit like they did during that tenure. THAT'S character. Man I miss that team.

Sadly that was the last time I felt the passion of The Montreal Canadiens. A proud team.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Don't get me started I loved that team. Coming back from a 5-0 deficit like they did during that tenure. THAT'S character. Man I miss that team.

Sadly that was the last time I felt the passion of The Montreal Canadiens. A proud team.

Saku was the heart and soul of the city and team and Kovalev was that game breaker up front that we don't have anymore.

The team had nice balance and just ran into a team in Philly that they coudln't beat. Historically awful against them. Too bad, felt like somethign special that year.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011

Yeah I miss Carbo's winning strategy of wearing his lucky tie.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Its funny how something as obvious as that Gallagher thing turns into a Habs bash fest on the main boards. It is literally impossible for fans from Boston or Toronto to not just bash MTL and troll fans even when they are clearly wrong.

The internet can be so great and so ridiculous at the same time.

You just need to ignore what 15 year old know it all Bruin and Leafs fans say here.. I used to get sucked into their troll attempts but now I just ignore the whole lot of them and their BS. That and ignoring quite a few Hab fans here as made HF a much better place.. :)

Habsoil

Mar 24, 2012
Fort mac
All for that. Have been forever.

Still Pejorative Slured that DD gets blamed more than anyone for every lose.

I dont think all the hate For DD comes from DD now.
But more the way MT plays DD. Giving almost all the opportunities to succeed to DD every game.

DD can be a good part of this team if used properly but having him as our number 1 centre will never work in the regular season and especially not in the PO!

When DD wasn't scoring i could understand the hate on him, but last 6 weeks has been all MTs mismanagement of our players and his inability to adapt in game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad