#FireEveryone - Habs lose 2-1

Saintpatrick*

I'm reading the thread about the Gallagher non call on the main boards and boy am I getting a headache from it. The same people who have Kadri,Marchand are calling Gallagher a pest,gutless,puke etc..

That's why I never go to the general boards anymore. It makes me angry when they say stupid **** like that and I end up drawing a warning.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
If anything that game should fire them up for next game. We had many chances but Montoya was good. We had bad bounces and they scored. Not gonna mention the refs lol. Tuesday should be a good 1.

pine*

If anything that game should fire them up for next game. We had many chances but Montoya was good. We had bad bounces and they scored. Not gonna mention the refs lol. Tuesday should be a good 1.

It's Calgary, bro. It's in the bag. Easy W

HABS win CUPS*

It's Calgary, bro. It's in the bag. Easy W

87oU0Ll.gif

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So since when is Gally a diver? The guy takes more abuse than most in the NHL and you hardly ever see him even fall down. The only reputation he's earned is of a guy who crashes the net often.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Gallagher is a tuff little bugger who is hard to remove from the front of the net. We need a big tuff winger and a goal scorer plus Galchenyuk to make winning a little easier.
Nothing wrong with Price.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
That was total ******** and you know it. It was absolute bush league reffing.

Originally Posted by allthisgold View Post
Not trying to cause trouble here but that is payback for Briere diving on the Thorborn penalty. Plus Gallagher continually interferes with the goalie as he does not stand in front of the crease, he stands in the crease.

Wow does the CBC ever love Montreal.

Anyway, first time in three years we beat you guys in Montreal. Good luck the rest of the way.

They also stated lack of offence on Montreal's part, Goalies can't win you game having shutouts all the time you never mentioned that btw. Reffing was not the factor put the puck in there net was SORRY! Bad no call yes lack of offence definitely

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
I was at the game, CC section, next to the Jets bench. I saw the referee's face at the end and it was clear he had no intention to call a penalty judging by the smile and the ''get the **** out of there'' face. Looks like Gallagher has some sort of reputation for diving (in this referee's mind at least).

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They also stated lack of offence on Montreal's part, Goalies can't win you game having shutouts all the time you never mentioned that btw. Reffing was not the factor put the puck in there net was SORRY! Bad no call yes lack of offence definitely

I agree, Mtl didn't lose because of the refs. In any event, this isn't new. NHL has bush league refs. We can't score goals, that's why we lost.
That being said, there is no doubt they should have called a penalty. A punch to the face is always a punch to the face, and when it happens right in front of the Ref who's looking at it, it's unacceptable that a penalty wasn't called.
I can let go of the trip seeing how the puck wasn't there, it's late in the game, and way behind the play. I can let go of the interference by the guy coming off the bench as well. Gallagher did seem to embellish a bit. But there is no reasoning for the punch he received and that should have been called.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
All we can do is move on:

3 solid teams coming up.

Calgary has been playing great hockey of late.

Vancouver is fighting to keep a playoff spot in the west.

Same goes for Carolina in the east, even though we beat them last game, this will be a hard fought match leading into the break.

If we can atleast get 4pts out of 6 before the break it could get us a little fresh breath and hopefully the Habs come out strong and the rested players are re-energized.

LaFloater

Jan 23, 2014
Burlington
The refs over the weekend were terrible, but in the NHL of 2014, the refs have really sunk in quality and common sense. I dont think that the refs are bias against the Habs or even Gallagher for the most part. I think they are just incompetent. The Kadri non call in the Leafs game was the most blatant ineptness that I have seen in a long time. Gallagher being punched in the face twice right in front of the refs also was pretty pathetic. Overall though the Habs have to reach a stage of quality where they win despite the refs incompetence. Had the Gallagher incident happened and the Habs were up 4-1 we would not even be mentioning it. It has to be taken as a given that the refs are going to blow multiple calls in a game these days, its just the reality of the situation. The Habs need to man up and get beyond the BS and do what it takes to win and quit whining about the crap refs. Good teams find ways to win.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Makes me wonder if the refs are putting money on the games. Not just habs but in other games in key situation where it could affect the outcome of games. They must be investigation. Don't want the NBA thing to swing over in the NHL if it hasn't yet.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Habs had Montoya at their mercy a few times and got bad luck. Shot getting blocked by some guy's back as he fell kind of luck. They didn't play awful at least, not great, but not as bad as 2 weeks ago. Didn't get the bounces, tail end of 3g in 4 days, it's too bad cuz they needed that win, but at least they are playing better defensively than before when the D was full on routed.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
This may be the most boring, uneventful team assembled since the Tremblay days. Can anyone get the job of GM? Seems like you get paid an awful lot of money to sit back and not do anything but recall players from Hamilton every 24 hours.

Sweet job if you can get it.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
This may be the most boring, uneventful team assembled since the Tremblay days. Can anyone get the job of GM? Seems like you get paid an awful lot of money to sit back and not do anything but recall players from Hamilton every 24 hours.

Sweet job if you can get it.
Uneventful? Did you even watch over the weekend? Prust was punching Bishop and then Gallagher made a movie, called escape from Jet Zombies starring blind Zebras.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Uneventful? Did you even watch over the weekend? Prust was punching Bishop and then Gallagher made a movie, called escape from Jet Zombies starring blind Zebras.

yeah, wow... a real barnburner ... an event that will live on forever. ....

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Last night was a case where the journalist should have chased after the referees.
The players may be punished by the league but the journalist should do their job.
These guys can only sit in the plane, talk to the players after the game and go on talk shows.
It is time that some of these journalist show some ethics and ask the real question.
Did we ever saw journalist chase after referees after the game when they are doing a bad job????

Of course, you can always be like Francois Gagnon and say that Gallagher deserved to be injured by everyone in the league:shakehead
I never heard Gagnon complain about referees...
I guess I was really upset by him pretending that the referees did a good job with Gallagher.
I must not talk against a journalist more than once (or less) a year.
But today, he did put his foot in his mouth saying that referees did a good job with Gallagher.

For regular viewers who didn't see AC yesterday, it's worth a look if you want to be disgusted by Francois Gagnon. His arrogant incoherent rebuttal and constant mocking laugh to Gaston Therrien was unbelievable. How Therrien (usually dim as a door knob himself) kept from jumping over and laying a beating on little Gagnon showed extreme restraint.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
I would love Therrien to take Bourque into the video room, sit him down, and show him clip after clip of Gallagher crashing the net. After watching it, he should ask Bourque for his excuse as to why he cant play like that.

QuickWrister

Nov 25, 2013
London, ON
I would love to weather the storm if it meant Connor McDavid.

Weather the storm? That would mean this year is lost, next year we would tank and then one or two until he gets up to speed with top line NHL duty!

Forget that crap. Price would be 30 years old by then. Markov will be long gone. Plekanec will be a UFA. And most of the others would stink even worse.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Weather the storm? That would mean this year is lost, next year we would tank and then one or two until he gets up to speed with top line NHL duty!

Forget that crap. Price would be 30 years old by then. Markov will be long gone. Plekanec will be a UFA. And most of the others would stink even worse.

I'm willing to tank next year if it means McDavid, but not if it means a 20% chance at McDavid, which is what it would be as there is a lot of fierce competition at the bottom.

The right time to tank is in a year where there are a lot of good players, like in 2013 (Barkov, Jones, Monahan, etc), such that even if you draft 3rd or 5th you still get a potential franchise player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad